Break Through

I understand why you guys love this book so much and boy, am I starting to do the same

Jerome's POV

Everything was hazy.

And I wanted nothing more than to soothe my aching head. With a groan I got out of the bed and sighed with relief at feeling the cool floor.

"Mm...ngh" I was so shaking as I attempted to stand up only to falter in my step and fall onto all fours, semi naturally.

"Jerome?" My head lifted upon seeing Mitch stepping out of the bathroom with a towel around his waist.

"How are you feeling today?" I groaned and laid on the floor, whimpering at the pounding in my head and shivered when he brought my head onto his lap.

"It hurts..." I whined, slowly bringing myself to lay on his lap comfortably as he stroked my head.

"I know biggums, Mat should be here soon to help and run a small test" I couldn't help but groan in annoyance at that.

"Can't he take break?! I'm hurting..." Of course had I been back in my tribe I would walk with any injury. However I was far from there and with Mitch.

So I will complain as much as I want to.

"No no! Not a regular bacca test, something so he could h...e..l.." What was happening to me?

Marvelous

I held back a snarl and a whimper as that pale one's voice range through my head once more. Why did this keep happening?! And why so suddenly? Why now?!

I knew I had to get away from Mitch before I hurt him, but my body went through shock as the memories of the pain I once suffered battered me again making me yell out and hiss.

J....ROME!

My body heaved as I got off of him as quickly as I could, my claws were marking his floor and I felt bad for it but I wasn't in control.

Just when I thought this untamed animosity would get the best of me I felt a sharp pain in my shoulder before darkness welcomed me with open arms.

Mitch's POV

"What did you do?!" I yelled at Lachlan who had seemingly busted into my house and did...something to Jerome making him knock out cold by my bed.

"Nothing harmful, just had to knock him out. I pushed a pressure point, he'll be fine in a couple minutes" He explained shrugging and giving me a lopsided grin while I glared at him.

"Don't do that again.." I muttered and went over to Jerome, running my fingers through his hair as he slept, twitching slightly.

"As promised, I managed to get a blood sample from a regular bacca, I'll compare them to Jerome's and we'll go from there" Mat clanked into my room a tad noisily causing Jerome to snort in his sleeping form.

"Poor guy, hopefully nothing bad happens yeah?" Lachlan called out, I nodded in agreement while Mat took a small needle and extracted a dime sized amount of blood.

"I'll have Lachlan fetch you when I have results" Mat nodded to me an went on his way with Lachlan in tow. My mouth was agape.

How could they just come and go from my house whenever they please?!

I sighed, shaking my head and stood, going towards the dresser to dress myself, silently preparing myself for the day.

Oh Notch help me...

-----------------------------------------------------------

It was now around 6 in the afternoon and Jerome was basking in the sun while I sat besides him. No word from Mat had came and it was just us two, in the comforting warmth.

"You smell like me" He spoke up, picking his head up to look at me.

"Well you do like to cuddle when you sleep" I chuckled, patting his head and smiling, Jerome only moved and laid his head on my shoulder, near the bite he left in one of his episodes.

"I gave a full mark?" He mumbled hazily, rubbing against my neck, I shivered and found out, the bite, was now over sensitive. Just...not pain filled.

"Mm?" I bit my lip and he immediately dragged his canines against my skin getting me to shiver.

"Yep, full mark" He pulled away and laid back down while I sat there flustered out of my mind.

"I...huh?" Jerome chuckled from his spot and sighed, laying fully on his left side.

"Mitch?" We both turned and saw Mat standing there, he opened his chest and pulled out a notepad, walking over to us.

"Comparing Jerome's blood with a normal bacca's earlier and I came across some weird findings" He now sat with us, Jerome wasn't too keen on the needle parts when I told him what Mat did and now he was just plain angry at the fact.

"The blood samples are nearly the same, Jerome's is just...mutated, at least not every single cell has mutated yet. As for your outbursts? Well, It doesn't seem as though the mutation you're still going through is related...perhaps you're body is trying to reject it and force you back to regular animal instincts..." Jerome snorted once Mat was done and laid back down.

"I didn't ask to be a test subject" He muttered, I sighed and stratched behind his ear, getting his right leg to twitch.

"So how long do you think until he can stop having those outbursts?" I asked.

"Er...giving the circumstances, they may just come and go the rest of his life, or just another week or two" Mat, stood and wiped the dust off of his rainbow leg warmers.

"But, it's more or less just his nature coming out, but with the inhumane things that have been forced upon him, it's heightened, shutting down his normal concious and taking over" The robot mused to himself, tapping the side of his head.

"Then again, I didn't study any of this so what do I know right?" He shrugged.

"You downloaded it so shut up" I frowned, Mat gave an echoed laugh and shrugged again.

"Maybe I did, well, I've got a schedule update that I cannot miss anymore, I'll be done in 14 hours" He turned his back and waved to us.

"IT TAKES YOU TEN MINUTES!" I yelled at him. Mat gave another laugh, turning to look at me from my back door.

"Well with the way Jerome's looking at you like eye candy tells me it's gonna be a long night for one of us" That made me turn and look at Jerome and Mat was right, it caused warmth to flood to my cheeks as he sat up fully, my heart pounded in my chest and I was frozen in place by one major detail.

His eyes were yellow.

F.O.T