The Big Flaw

Hey guys! This story will soon see regular updates until completion. All aboard the hype train!

Mitch's POV

My heart stung as I looked at Jerome's sleeping face. He twitched and groaned in pain every so often.

How could this have happened? Surely there is an explanation to all of this.

"Mitch?" I tore my eyes away from the sleeping bacca and looked to the doorway. Lachlan stood there, worry clearly on his face. It had been hours since Jerome went berserk, the sun was just beginning to set.

"What happened? And uh, who is that?" He asked, leaning against the door. I gave a smile, looking back at him.

"This bacca here is my biggums...Jerome" I sighed through my nose, pouting as he coughed.

"As for what happened...I...I don't know" It made me realize just how little I knew Jerome. Even after all of our....sessions.

"A bacca huh? There's a bunch of them by the eastern desert, most are friendly. Never knew they could talk though" I sat up and looked back at Lachlan.

"What?" He tilted his head.

"So...Jerome is the only bacca that could talk?" I asked, Lachlan could only provide a shrug.

"English probably, I'll be over at Mat's since you don't expand your house" I could only smile at his fading figure. My attention going back to Jerome immediately once he rolled over to face me.

"He's loud..." He muttered, his tired eyes opened and for the most part they looked normal.

"Um...Jerome" He gave a small hum, looking up at me.

"How uh...how did you find me? That day?" I asked, Jerome yawned, struggling to sit up.

"These pale ones had captured me, they put me in a...tube," He let loose a groan, flexing his shoulders. "There was pain...night and day"

"I freed myself, ran through the trees. I'm not from a jungle tribe" He said, wincing when he stretched his back. "But I heard you, and I followed you" I frowned. Jerome was an experiment?

"Could...Could I tell this to Mat?" I asked, Jerome tilted his head.

"Why?"

"So we could look further into what happened, so it doesn't happen again," I bit my lip and hugged him. Jerome immediately hugged back, purring softly. "Seeing you in so much pain....it...it hurts me"

A scratchy laugh came from him and he pushed me back but kept his hands on my shoulders.

"You may tell him. I have nothing to hide, why haven't you asked earlier?" I blushed in frustration.

"I thought you were a regular bacca!"

"Even when I started speaking language?" He rose an eyebrow, throwing me a grin.

"I....Shut up! I never seen a Bacca before! Maybe all Bacca's talk!" I pouted and folded my arms.

"Granted...Not so good with English, most speak Italian" He pulled me into a hug and laid back down.

"Me sleep" He yawned. Flinching when he stretched his legs under the covers.

"I'll be right back Biggums okay?" He only gave me a nod.

------------------------------------------------------

"Wait a minute...hold on, so...some crazy lunatics locked him up as a test subject?" Rob asked, lounging on a blue couch in Mat's...unique home.

"It's what he told me, he said he escaped" I repeated, leaning against the door to Mat's 'lab'.

"Program Downloaded, Data Base Subject file Jerome upgraded" At this point I was used to Mat doing his robot things. I watched as he unplugged a wire from the left side of his head and set it back down.

"I'm going to fly over to the east, I'll need a blood sample from a natural bacca as well as Jerome's" Mat went scurrying about in his room. I pouted at him.

"How do you expect to do that? Sure they're friendly but I don't think they'll just walk up to you and let you do it?" Mat gave an echoed chuckle.

"I'm sure there must be a vet or doctor that looks after them, if not," He stopped and held up a satchel. "I've always got fish. I'll be back in a couple of hours, Rob. Don't touch the chocolate milk" He said walking by me.

"You can't even drink it!" Rob cried out, Lachlan laughed from the kitchen.

"I know" Was his last response before he went out the front door. Rob pouted, jumping up and going into the kitchen. I laughed when an alarm went off and Mat poked his head into the house.

"What did I just say?" I laughed when Rob came out with Lachlan, the both of them covered with ash.

"Now, don't touch it alright? It's mainly oil anyway" Mat gave a cheeky grin before leaving once more.

"I'll be back at my house, I gotta check on him" I went to leave too but Lachlan called out to me.

"Rob here says that you and Jerome were getting it on in the forest a day ago, what's that about?" He asked, I blushed heavily and glared at Rob who played it innocent and commented on how interesting the ceiling was.

"Well...Jerome he uh...I'm his mate" I shrugged, playing with my sweater, frowning at Rob. "Plus, Mr. Rob a dob flob here can't sweep Preston off his feet yet"

"I can too! I just...wanted to see how long he could be oblivious...?" Rob gave a forced smile, not fooling the two of us.

"Anyway! I'm gonna get going, see you guys tomorrow!" I said to them, leaving Mat's house and walking the decent distance towards my house.

"Jerome? Are you up?" I called out, opening the door and jumping, finding him a panting mess on the floor by my bedroom. I froze when he lifted his head up and looked at me with those yellow eyes as before. My sword wasn't on me and I took a step back as he got up on all fours, snarling in my direction.

"B-Biggums?" I yelped dodging him as he leapt towards me. I jumped over the couch with him just a claw behind me, I reached my room and knew I was immediately trapped as Jerome slowly approached me, snarling until he was an inch away from me.

"ACK! B-BIGGUMS" I cried out as he quickly had me sitting down and he lowly growled in my face.

"C-Calm down-" I cried out as he lashed forward, his canines digging into the flesh of the same shoulder he first bit me.

"S-Shit!" My body froze in pain as he stayed there, I winced when he calmly pulled back and licked over the bite.

He laid me down after that, curling up on my belly and closing his eyes. My body was shaking in fear and I raised a hand, going to trace over the bite.

My eyes widened when I couldn't find the marks, as if the bite healed instantly. I couldn't check know as he was on me and I was slightly afraid he'd be looking at me with those frightening yellow eyes.

What was happening to him?

YOU HAPPY?! I UPDATED