One

It had been three weeks since Lapis Lazuli had decided to stay at the barn, and tensions had calmed down a lot.

Peridot was still trying to figure out how to get Lapis to forgive her. The small gem glanced over to Lapis' side of the barn. She wasn't there, instead she was on the tower next to the barn.

Peridot looked at Lapis, thinking. The little green gem let out a frustrated groan and stomped back over to her own side of the barn. She sat down, back against the wall, and hugging her knees.

"Peridot?" A familiar voice called. Peridot lifted her head, identifying the voice as Steven. "What?" She asked, looking out the large hole of the barn.

"Is everything alright? You haven't come out of the barn in a few days.. you seem a little out of whack." Steven said, sitting next to her. "No Steven, everything is not alright. I've tried almost everything to get Lazuli to forgive me, and nothing worked!" Peridot exclaimed. "She talked to you when the Rubies showed up. And before that she asked if you were okay." Steven replied, looking over at Peridot.

"Yes, but that's not what I am looking for! I want Lazuli to forgive me, to have conversations with me, to be able to be in this barn! She's never in here Steven, she's always up there." Peridot said, pointing to Lapis on the tower. "I know, but at least it's not like how it was when she first came here." Steven said. Peridot sighed and closed her green eyes.

"I suppose you're correct. Lazuli didn't want anything to do with me at all when she arrived here. I guess you could say we're neutral." Peridot said, picturing Lapis' disappointed face when she had learned her and Peridot would be sharing the barn. "See, you guys are making some progress. Give it some time." Steven said, standing up. "Wait, where are you going? Are you going to get Lazuli?" Peridot asked, following Steven out of the barn.

"No, I've gotta get home. It's getting dark. I just came to check in on you two. See you later, Peridot." Steven smiled as he jumped into Lion's back. "Oh, okay. Bye." Peridot replied as the two headed home. The small gem turned back towards the barn, looking up at the tower.

Peridot sighed and walked back into the barn. She sat in the corner of her side, hoping for Lapis to come in the barn. "Give it time.." The green gem whispered, "Give it time.."

-----------------------------------------------------------

Peridot awoke to the sound of footsteps. It was dark, and she couldn't see well. All she could make out was the shadow of someone on the wall.

"Lazuli?" Peridot asked sleepily. There was no answer, but Peridot knew it was Lapis. The blue gem sat down on the floor.

Peridot sat up straight, looking at the water gem. "So now you're finally coming in?" She asked with a smile. Lapis looked back at Peridot, she shook her head.

Peridot looked questioningly at Lapis. The blue gem then turned her back to Peridot without a word. Her gem sparkled in the dark.

Peridot sat, staring at Lapis' gem. She then heard a soft chuckle come from the other gem. "What?" Peridot asked, crawling over to the line that separated their sides.

Suddenly Lapis stood, her back still facing Peridot. The blue gem then began to slowly dance around. The way she danced was graceful and elegant.

Peridot watched Lapis dance, confused. "Lazuli, why are you dancing?" She asked, tilting her head. Lapis didn't answer, instead she just kept dancing.

Peridot impatiently waited for an answer. After a five minute long silence, Peridot stood. "Well, Lazuli?" She asked as Lapis danced past her.

A soft gust of wind blew past Peridot as Lapis danced past her. Peridot groaned and stomped one foot. "Lazuli why are you dancing?!" She asked, raising her voice.

Lapis spun, and as she did Peridot caught a small smirk on her face. "What's so funny?! Why are you dancing?! Tell me!" Peridot demanded, getting more frustrated as Lapis danced. Lapis chuckled and continued dancing carefree.

"Ugh!" Peridot exclaimed, still watching the water gem dance around. She then stomped back over to her corner of the barn and plopped down. "Stupid Lazuli, don't answer me, dance all over and laugh because it's soooo funny!" The little gem muttered, voice getting louder.

Lapis heard Peridot and stopped. "It's funny." Her soft voice replied. Peridot turned instantly, looking at Lapis.

"Oh my stars! You've finally decided to speak!" Peridot said almost sarcastically. Lapis frowned and placed one blue hand on her hip. "So what's funny about this?" Peridot then asked, watching Lapis.

"You." Lapis replied, and went back to dancing. "Gahh! Just answer my question Lazuli!" Peridot shouted, and walked over to the purple line. Lapis chuckled and danced past the line, now onto Peridot's side of the barn.

"Hey!" Peridot snapped, turning so she could watch Lapis. "You're on my side! If I ever stepped on your side you'd flip! This isn't fair!" She yelled. Lapis didn't answer, and she stayed on Peridot's side.

"And what in the name of Yellow Diamond is so funny?!" The small green gem asked once again. Lapis smiled, "When you get all frustrated like this." She giggled. Peridot frowned and walked up to the dancing Lapis.

"So you think it's funny when I get frustrated?! That's why you started this dancing nonsense?!" Peridot asked. Lapis danced away and Peridot followed her. "Sure." The water gem smiled.

"Gaaah! Well stop dancing, because it's not making me frustrated at all." Peridot said, lifting her head. "Oh, I'm not dancing to make you frustrated. I'm dancing because I feel like it. It helps relieve stress." Lapis shrugged. "I don't understand." Peridot replied, walking after Lapis.

"By not answering all of your stupid questions, I'm frustrating you. It's funny." Lapis said, dancing back over to her own side of the barn. Peridot stayed on her side, watching as Lapis danced to her own side. "I don't understand you sometimes Lazuli." The green gem said, and walked back over to her corner.

Lapis didn't answer. She continued dancing, oblivious to anything Peridot had to say. Peridot turned her back to Lapis, mumbling.

About fifteen minutes had passed, and Peridot turned her head. Lapis had stopped dancing. She was now laying on the floor, back turned to Peridot.

Peridot sighed and leaned against the wall. She was now facing Lapis. The little gem closed her eyes, she needed sleep.

Little did she know Lapis was still awake.