Twenty Two

"Guys! Guys!" Steven called, running to the barn. Peridot turned her head, groaning at Steven's yelling. The green gem got up from where she was laying with Lapis and headed outside.

"Peri where are you going? I thought-" Lapis was cut off by Peridot. "Outside, Steven is out here." Peridot said, waiting for Lapis. "Oh, okay." Lapis said, following Peridot.

"Hey guys! Guess whaaaaaaat?!" Steven exclaimed, a huge smile on his face. "What?" Peridot asked, she wasn't in the best mood. Lapis gave Peridot a look that said 'Be nice.'

"We're going to the carnival!" Steven smiled, jumping up and down out of excitement. "What's a carnival?" Lapis asked before Peridot could. "Oh my gosh! You don't know what a carnival is?!" Steven gasped.

"No, why would we?" Peridot said. "Well, you go there and ride rides and eat food and play games! And if you win the game you get a prize!" Steven explained, still jumping up and down. "Sounds.... interesting." Peridot said.

"So, what else do you do at a carnival?" Lapis asked, curious. "Lots of things!" Steven said. "Oh." Lapis said quietly.

"Now c'mon! Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl are waiting on Lion!" Steven said, running off. "They're coming too?" Peridot asked, walking after Steven with Lapis. "I guess so." Lapis said.

"Garnet, Amethyst, Pearl! Lapis and Peridot are coming too!" Steven smiled, hopping onto Lion. "Hi." Peridot waved, looking at the other gems. "Howdy." Garnet said.

"Hmm.. now we just have to make room. Aha! Peridot, you and I can sit in Lion's mane. Lapis you can... uh... try to squeeze on with everyone else." Steven directed. "Okay." Lapis and Peridot said in unison. Peridot sat next to Steven in Lion's mane, and Lapis got on Lion's back.

"Um Lapis, you might want to scoot up further. You might fall off." Steven said, watching as Lapis sat as far away from the gems as possible. "O-okay." Lapis said, scooting closer. "Alright! Lion, to the carnival!" Steven exclaimed as Lion began to run.

Peridot held back a scream, she didn't feel safe. The small gem held on as tight as she could. She then looked at Steven, he was smiling.

Lapis held on tight, but she didn't hold on to any of the gems. Her blue eyes scanned the area that went by in a blur. She wondered what Peridot was thinking.

"And we're here!" Steven exclaimed as Lion stopped. Peridot tried to hurry out of Lion's mane as fast as she could, causing her to fall on her face. The small gem stood back up, hearing Lapis laugh from behind her.

"Woah." Lapis said, pointing in front of them. The carnival was huge, and it was lit up well. Lapis' eyes widened and sparkled in wonder.

"Let's go in, hurry up Amethyst!" Steven said, pulling Amethyst off Lion. "Okay little man, chill." Amethyst chuckled. Pearl looked around, she looked confused.

"Humans come here for entertainment?" She asked Garnet as they walked in. Peridot looked around, everything was so exciting! "Oh! Lazuli look!" Peridot exclaimed, pulling at Lapis' arm and pointing to a petting zoo.

"Ooo, what are those creatures?" Lapis asked, running towards it. Peridot chased after her, "Wait for me!" The green gem yelled. Lapis was by the goat pen, fascinated.

"Woah Peri look at these things!" Lapis said as Peridot caught up to her. "What's on their heads?" Peridot asked, putting her hand through the fence and touching one of the goat's horns. The goat let out a noise, and Peridot jumped back.

"Did you hear that?! I think it was threatening me!" Peridot said, looking up at Lapis. Lapis frowned at the goat. Peridot then reached her hand through the fence again, touching the goat's mouth.