Seven

Days had passed since Lapis' breakdown. Her and Peridot hadn't talked much, things were a little awkward. Lapis still was embarrassed over Peridot seeing her freak out.

The blue gem danced around the barn, looking at Peridot. Peridot looked up at Lapis as she spun past her. "Stressed huh?" The small gem asked.

"I guess so." Lapis responded. Peridot chuckled and watched the blue gem. "Are you gonna play music?" Peridot then asked.

"Sure, if you want me to." Lapis smiled. Peridot nodded and smiled back. Lapis danced over to the CD player and pressed the button.

A guitar started the song off this time. Lapis danced with the song, looking at Peridot the whole time. Peridot felt her face heat up and she smiled.

'I'm not together, and you know it's true.
My bits all wander in the trees.
And if I ever seem a little strange,
Would you excuse me please?'

Lapis giggled and gestured for Peridot to join her.

'I said I'm human, but you know I lie.
I'm only visiting this shore.
I'll soon be leaving in the outbound tide
I pray again we will meet.'

Peridot sighed and smiled. She walked towards Lapis.

'I'm wasting your time, just talking to you
Maybe best you go on home.
I'll leave you alone, fade from your mind,
Slip into the greens and blues.'

The two gems danced together, and Peridot's eyes widened at the greens and blues part of the song.

'I said I'm human, but you know I lied.
I'm only visiting this shore.
I'll soon be leaving in the outbound tide.
I pray again we will meet.'

Lapis held Peridot close as they danced, smiling.

'I'm wasting your time, just talking to you
Maybe best you go on home.
I'll leave you alone, fade from your mind
Slip into the greens and blues.'

"Greens and Blues.." Peridot whispered, looking into Lapis' eyes.

'Greens and blues...'

Lapis smiled and nodded, "Greens and Blues." She whispered back.

'I'm wasting your time, just talking to you,
Maybe best you go on home.
I'll leave you alone, fade from your mind,
Slip into the greens and blues.'

The two gems held eachother closer, closing their eyes.

'I'm wasting your time, just talking to you,
Maybe best you go on home.
I'll leave you alone, fade from your mind,
Slip into the greens and blues.'

The song ended, and Peridot and Lapis stayed put holding eachother.

"Greens and blues.." Peridot sang quietly. Lapis giggled and hummed softly. Peridot smiled up at the ocean gem.

"Peri, can we talk?" Lapis asked, letting go of the small gem. "Oh uh.. sure!" Peridot smiled. "Wanna go upstairs?" She asked.

"Alright." Lapis replied, following the green gem up the ladder. They sat on the couch, and Peridot turned the TV on. "So what do we need to talk about Lazuli?" The small gem asked.

"Well... um..." Lapis trailed off, blushing. "Yes?" Peridot said, looking at Lapis. "It's about us." The blue gem said, looking at her feet.

"Oh, okay. What about us?" Peridot asked, glancing at the TV. "I was just wondering where we stand." Lapis said quietly. Peridot felt herself begin to blush.

"I uh... I dunno." Peridot replied quietly. Lapis looked over at her, a deep blue blush on her face. "It's okay, I was just wondering." Lapis said, almost inaudible.

"Why?" Peridot suddenly asked. Lapis chuckled and looked at the TV. "No reason, it doesn't matter."

"Yes it does. Lazuli there's something you're not telling me." Peridot said, scooting closer to Lapis. "I've told you everything. I was just curious." Lapis said. "I don't believe you." Peridot replied.

"Peri I'm not lying. " Lapis said, elbowing the small gem softly. "Fine, if you're gonna be this way I must resort to the only option I have." Peridot smirked. "Oh yeah, what's that?" Lapis chuckled, sticking her tongue out.

"This!" Peridot exclaimed, tackling Lapis and tickling her. "Peridot-hahaha- get off me!" Lapis shouted, laughing. "Never! Not until you tell me!" Peridot cried, laughing with Lapis.

"Peri there's-hahahahaha- there's nothing I'm not telling you!" Lapis laughed. Peridot laughed and stopped, "Positive?" "Yes!" Lapis laughed.

"Okay." Peridot smiled, crawling off Lapis. Lapis sat up and chuckled, "I can't lie to you." "Neither can I." Peridot smiled.

"Glad to know you're honest." Lapis smiled, scooting close to Peridot. "Yeah.. wanna finish season one of Camp Pining Hearts?" The green gem asked. "Sure." Lapis smiled.

Peridot put the disc in and selected the episode they left off on. She sat on the couch and rested her head on Lapis' shoulder. Lapis smiled and watched the TV, wrapping an arm around Peridot's waist.

-----------------------------------------------------------

It seemed like hours had flew by when Lapis realized Peridot had fallen asleep. "Aww.." The blue gem smiled. She looked at the sleeping Peridot, who's head was still on her shoulder.

Lapis slowly slid away and stood. She picked Peridot up and lay her on the couch so her head rested on the arm. Lapis lay behind her, pulling her close.

The ocean gem sighed and smiled. She closed her blue eyes and giggled softly. Lapis then sat up and leaned over Peridot, grinning.

"Nerd." She whispered, and kissed Peridot's gem softly. The water gem lay back down and wrapped her arms around Peridot's waist, closing her eyes. She smiled and cuddled Peridot, taking the remote out of her hand.

Lapis turned the TV off and buried her face in Peridot's hair. She took in the fresh scent and exhaled, still smiling. A very familiar voice scared her.

"Lazuli what did I tell you about smelling my hair?"

Lapis giggled and pulled Peridot closer. "I couldn't help myself." She whispered. Peridot smiled and yawned.

"Now can I please go back to sleep?" The small gem asked. "Yes." Lapis chuckled, closing her blue eyes. Not even a minute went past and she heard Peridot's soft snores.

Lapis cuddled close to Peridot. She didn't want to let go, ever. "I love you Peri.." The blue gem whispered.

"I love you too."