Eighteen

"Why is everyone here?" Peridot asked Steven, gesturing to Greg's van. "We have a surprise for you and Lapis!" Steven replied, smiling.

Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl got out of the van. They followed Greg to the back as he opened the doors. Peridot watched them, confused.

Lapis walked up to the little gem, she had been swimming in the pond. "What are they doing here?" The blue gem asked, looking down at Peridot. "Steven says they have a surprise for us." The little gem said as Steven ran to Greg and the gems.

Lapis and Peridot watched as they pulled a huge rectangular object out of the van. "What is that?" Peridot asked, squinting. Lapis stared at it, raising an eyebrow.

Steven was carrying a large blanket, beaming. "It's a mattress!" He exclaimed, "It's for you two to sleep on!"

Peridot narrowed her eyes at Steven. "Why do we need it? We have the couch." The small gem said. Lapis nodded in agreement.

"Well I'm sure the couch isn't that comfortable, there's probably not lots of room on it. But on the mattress there'll be plenty of room! Check it out!" Steven said, running into the barn after Greg and the gems. Lapis and Peridot followed, walking beside eachother.

"Where do you guys want it?" Garnet asked, now holding the mattress by herself. "Um..." Peridot looked up at Lapis. "Over there." Lapis said, pointing to the corner of the barn.

Garnet sat the mattress down, sending dust flying everywhere. "Okay Steven, you can put the blankets on now." Garnet said. Steven quickly put the blankets on, smiling.

"Blankets?" Lapis asked, watching Steven. "Yeah! They're to cover up with in case you get cold." Steven replied as he got off the mattress. "Here you go Steven." Amethyst said, handing him two pillows.

"What are those?" Peridot asked, pointing to the pillows. "Pillows, they're to lay your head on when you're sleeping." Steven explained. Lapis pursed her lips, she was confused.

"But why would I need one of those when I have her?" Lapis then asked, pointing to Peridot. The green gem blushed, looking down. "Because, Peridot is not a pillow." Steven chuckled.

Amethyst and Garnet walked out of the barn to Pearl and Greg. Steven stayed in with Peridot and Lapis.

"So what do you think?" He asked, looking from Peridot to Lapis. The two gems looked at eachother awkwardly. "Here, why don't you try it out?" Steven said, gesturing to the mattress.

Peridot walked forward, Lapis behind her. "Just lay down, make sure your head is on the pillow." Steven said. The green gem lay down, resting her head on the pillow.

Lapis hesitantly followed Peridot's actions. "So?" Steven asked, smiling. "It's nice Steven, thank you." Lapis smiled.

"Yes, it's better than sleeping on the couch." Peridot said. Lapis giggled and looked at the blanket. "So we just cover up with this?" The ocean gem asked.

"Yeah." Steven smiled. "Okay." Lapis said, pulling the blanket over her and Peridot. "There, now you guys have a bed!" Steven exclaimed.

Lapis then stood, hugging Steven. "Thank you." She smiled. Peridot stood and nodded, "Thanks."

"No problem guys!" Steven smiled, hugging Lapis back. "Steven!" Pearl called, waving her hand. "Well, it looks like we're leaving. See ya!" Steven smiled, running out of the barn.

"Bye!" Lapis and Peridot called in synch. Steven and Pearl got in the van, then it took off.

Lapis looked down at Peridot, smiling. "What?" Peridot asked. "Nothing." Lapis said, heading back into the barn.