Thirty Eight

"No Perry, you can't eat that." Lapis chuckled, taking the pillow from the gemling. The tiny gem gave Lapis an angry look and went back to crawling around. "She's something else, I tell you." Lapis giggled to Bob, who was sitting in her lap.

The blue gemling let out a little chirp like noise in response. Lapis chuckled and kissed the top of Bob's head. "Where is Peridot?" Lapis asked, realizing the green gem wasn't here.

"Peridot!" Lapis called, grabbing Perry so she wouldn't climb off the mattress. "I could really use her help right now." The ocean gem muttered as she placed Perry in front of her.

"Peridot!" Lapis yelled again. Bob then made some noises in response. "Your name's not Peridot." Lapis chuckled, ruffling the gemling's hair.

"Where is she?" Lapis asked, picking both of the gemlings up as she stood. Her water wings then outstretched, and she held the gemlings close. The water gem then began to fly out of the barn.

Lapis' blue eyes scanned the ground for Peridot. The tiny noises the gemlings were making made her laugh. "Aha, there she is!" Lapis said, flying closer to the ground.

Suddenly four other figures came into view. Lapis recognized them as Garnet, Amethyst, Pearl, and Steven. The ocean gem landed, both of the gemlings making happy noises.

"Peridot, there you are!" Lapis said, walking over to the green gem. "What are you talking about, you knew I was out here." Peridot said. "I thought you were just gonna be outside the barn." Lapis said, wrinkling her nose as Perry slapped her cheek.

"No, don't do that." The water gem scolded. This earned her an angry grumble from the gemling. "Well, we have some visitors today." Peridot said, gesturing to the other gems.

"Yeah, I saw. Hi." Lapis said, looking at them. "Are those your guys' gemlings?! They're so cute!" Steven exclaimed, a huge smile on his face. "Yep, they're ours." Lapis grinned.

"Which one is Bob? Which one is Perry?" Steven asked. "Bob is the smaller version of myself, Perry is the tiny Peridot." Lapis replied. "Good luck getting Lazuli to let you hold them." Peridot butted in.

"I just.. they're only a few days old." Lapis said, blushing. "Aw, please Lapis? I promise I'll be careful!" Steven begged. "Okay." Lapis sighed, smiling.

The blue gem gently handed Bob to Steven. "Hi, I'm Steven." The boy smiled. Bob chirped happily in response, making Steven laugh.

Garnet then approached Lapis, reaching her hands out to Perry. "May I?" The tall gem asked. "Um.. sure." Lapis replied, handing Perry to Garnet.

Garnet smiled at the squirming gemling. "Little one, you are made of love." She said. Perry stopped squirming and stared at the tall gem.

"Well, I must admit they are cute." Pearl said. "Oh uh.. thanks." Lapis smiled. "They better be cute for the month they took to hatch." Peridot chuckled.

Lapis then elbowed the shorter gem, "Stop that." She said. "Stop what? I had to listen to you going on and on for a month." Peridot smirked. "But I will say it was worth it." The green gem added.

"Good." Lapis smiled. The blue gem watched as Garnet handed Perry to Pearl. "Now be careful, she squirms." Garnet said.

"Hey Steven, let me see the small Lapis!" Amethyst said. "Okay, but you gotta be careful." Steven said. "I know, I know. Just give me the kid." The purple gem said.

Steven then handed Bob to Amethyst. "Hey there, you wanna play a game I used to play with baby Steven?" Amethyst smiled. Bob made some noises in response.

"I'll take that as a yes." Amethyst chuckled. The purple gem then tossed Bob up into the air, causing Lapis to panic. "Oh my!" The ocean gem shouted, running over.

Lapis caught the gemling, shooting Amethyst an angry look. "Don't ever do that again." She snapped, cuddling Bob close. "Woah, chill Blue. I used to do that with Steven all the time when he was a baby!" Amethyst said.

"But what if you didn't catch her?!" Lapis said. "I was going to." Amethyst replied. "You don't know that." Lapis said.

"Hey, why don't we stop this?" Peridot said, pulling at Lapis' hand. "Yeah P Dot, your wife needs to chill." Amethyst chuckled. "She's just a little on edge." Peridot said.

"No I'm not!" Lapis said. "Just calm down, nothing is going to happen to the gemlings." Peridot said, her green eyes meeting Lapis' blue eyes. "Fine." The water gem sighed.

"Thank you." Peridot said. The green gem then took Bob, smiling. "Do you guys want a turn with Bob?" She asked the others.

"Sure." Garnet smiled. The tall gem handed Perry back to Lapis and took Bob from Peridot. "This one is a lot calmer." Pearl said.

"Perry's just curious." Lapis chuckled, kissing the green gemling's cheek. Perry grumbled in protest and tried to squirm away. "She's also grumpy." Peridot said.

"Yeah, that too." Lapis laughed. Perry squirmed some more, making little noises. "It'll get worse." Garnet said. "What?" Lapis asked.

"I can see it now." Garnet replied. "Oh." Lapis said, wincing as Perry bit her shoulder. "Ouch, don't do that." The ocean gem said, poking Perry's tiny nose.

The gemling grabbed Lapis' finger and pulled at it. Lapis giggled and watched. Perry then bit her.

"You stop biting, now!" Lapis scolded. Perry grunted and wriggled around. "You take her." Lapis said, offering the gemling to Peridot.

Peridot took Perry, smiling. The gemling then began to cry. "Every time I hold her." The green gem frowned.

"Well, it seems you two are gonna have your hands full. We better get going." Garnet said as she handed Bob to Lapis. "See you gems later!" Amethyst called as they headed off.

"Now how do we get back to the barn?" Peridot asked. Lapis smiled, she had an idea.

"Hold both of the gemlings, and hold them tight." Lapis said. Peridot did as she was told. Lapis then wrapped her arms around Peridot's torso, and her wings outstretched.

The water gem began to fly, a tiny smile on her face. "This is embarrassing." Peridot said. "Oh hush." Lapis giggled.

Soon enough they reached the barn, Lapis landed gently. Bob had fallen asleep on the way, and Perry actually seemed relaxed for once.

Lapis took the gemlings and lay them on the mattress, sitting with them. Peridot followed her in, sitting next to Lapis.

"Look at them, so cute." Lapis grinned. Peridot smiled, looking at the gemlings. "About what Garnet said, do you really think we have our hands full?" Peridot then asked.

After a moment of silence, Lapis laughed.

"Yes."