Forty Three

"Peridot, Peridot wake up." Lapis said, poking Peridot's face. "I'm awake, I'm awake." Peridot grumbled, rolling over. Lapis rolled her eyes and gently shook the green gem.

"Lazuli I said I was awake." Peridot spat, sitting up. "Someone's grumpy." Lapis giggled. Peridot narrowed her green eyes at Lapis, crossing her arms.

"Today's the 'party', Steven and the others should be here soon." Lapis said. "It's morning time, humans are never active at this time." Peridot replied. "Well they aren't humans." Lapis said, a smirk on her face.

Peridot grumbled and rolled her eyes. "Look who's right now." Lapis chuckled, gently planting a kiss on Peridot's cheek. "Yeah, yeah." Peridot blushed.

"Are the gemlings awake?" The small gem asked. "No." Lapis replied, gesturing to the sleeping Perry and Bob. "Oh.." Peridot said, glancing at the gemlings.

"We should make sure everything is perfect for the party." Lapis then said. "Sounds like a good idea to me." Peridot said, rising to her feet. Lapis stood after her, taking one last look at the gemlings.

Peridot scurried around the barn, making sure everything was how they wanted it to be. The green gem smiled proudly, giving a nod to Lapis. The ocean gem then nodded back.

"I'm gonna go check outside." Lapis smiled. "Okay." Peridot replied, following the taller gem outside the barn. "Everything looks good to me." Lapis reported, placing her hands on her hips.

Peridot gave the other gem a nod, looking up at her. "How long do we have to wait?" The short gem asked. "Um.. I don't know." Lapis said.

"I think we should get the gemlings up so we can get the others." Peridot then said, offering her hand out to Lapis. The little gem wanted Lapis' hand in her own. Lapis glanced down  at Peridot's hand and took it, smiling.

"Okay." The blue gem smiled, voice hushed. Peridot lead her into the barn, gently releasing her hand as the blue gem approached the mattress. Peridot watched as Lapis cooed at the gemlings to wake up, earning chirps of protest.

The short gem chuckled and continued watching. About five minutes went by, but the gemlings were now fully awake. "Alrighty, we're gonna head to Steven's." Lapis grinned, handing them to Peridot.

Peridot took the gemlings, blushing as Lapis lifted her up by the torso. The ocean gem then flew outside the barn, giving Peridot a little scare. The green gem let out a little "eep!", closing her eyes.

"Everything alright?" Lapis giggled. "Everything is perfectly fine." Peridot quickly replied. Lapis didn't answer, she just continued flying.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"We're here!" Lapis announced as they landed on Steven's porch. The water gem let go of Peridot, gently dropping her on her feet. "I can take the gemlings now." Lapis said, gesturing to the tiny gems.

"Oh, yeah." Peridot said, handing the gemlings over to Lapis. The green gem then turned around and banged on the door. "IT'S TIME FOR THE PARTY." Peridot yelled.

Peridot was probably being loud enough to wake the whole population of Beach City, but that was alright because it made Lapis laugh. The little gem didn't even care if she woke any humans, it's their fault they were listening.

"HELLO?" Peridot shouted, slamming her fist on the door. "One second!" Steven's voice was heard. Peridot sighed impatiently and stepped back, waiting.

"Hi guys, what are you doing here so early?" Steven asked. He looked tired, but he still had a smile on his face. "It's time for the party." Lapis replied.