Nineteen

Lapis felt light pouring into her eyes. The blue gem opened them sleepily, as soon as she opened her eyes she saw Peridot. Lapis smiled, giggling quietly.

Peridot still didn't have her visor on. Lapis touched the green gem's face gently and slung her arm over Peridot's waist. Peridot stayed still, her soft snores dying down.

Lapis smiled at Peridot, her smile wouldn't go away. The water gem pecked Peridot's cheek quickly, blushing. Peridot wrinkled her nose, muttering in her sleep.

"Lumpy clod.." The small gem mumbled, nuzzling close to Lapis. The blue gem pulled the blankets up, covering Peridot and herself. She giggled and squeezed Peridot softly.

The little gem stirred, moving her legs. Lapis held still, humming quietly. She wanted Peridot to wake up.

Lapis sighed, she wouldn't wake Peridot up this time. She had already woken her up last night and she knew Peridot was tired. The ocean gem rubbed Peridot's back gently, feeling Peridot's breath on her neck.

Lapis shuddered, the feeling of Peridot's breath on her neck was strange. The water gem kept her eyes on Peridot, watching her as she slept.

"Mmmm.." Peridot mumbled, stirring and kicking Lapis on accident. "Ow.." Lapis said quietly. Peridot's green eyes then fluttered open, Lapis was the first thing she saw.

"Good morning." Lapis smiled, feeling a strong feeling of love for some reason. "Good morning Lazuli." Peridot yawned. "Did you sleep well?" Lapis asked, cuddling Peridot close.

"Yes, it was nice with you by my side." Peridot replied, hugging Lapis. "That's good to hear, I love to cuddle with you." The blue gem said, sliding down and burying her face into Peridot's neck. Lapis cuddled as close to Peridot as she could possibly get.

"Geez Lazuli, why so clingy today?" Peridot chuckled. "I'm not sure, I just love you so much." Lapis said, voice muffled. "Well, I love you too Lazuli." The green gem smiled.

Lapis crossed one of her legs over Peridot's, humming softly. Peridot smelled Lapis' hair, it smelled good. "Why do you keep smelling my hair?" Lapis asked, giggling.

"No reason, and shouldn't we get up? We can't just lay here all day." Peridot said. "No, we shouldn't get up. And we can lay here all day." Lapis grinned. "I'm getting up." Peridot declared, pulling away from Lapis.

Peridot found her visor and put it on. "Why was I not wearing this? Oh yeah, you stole it." She laughed. "Let's go, get up!" The small gem smiled.

"Noooo." Lapis whined as Peridot slid away. The little gem stood, stretching and yawning. Lapis sighed and lay on her back, looking up at the ceiling.

"C'mon Lazuli, get up." Peridot said, looking down at Lapis. "I don't want to, come lay down and cuddle." Lapis groaned. "No." Peridot said, grabbing Lapis' hand and pulling her to her feet.

"Peridot.." Lapis whined as Peridot dragged her off the mattress. "Yes?" Peridot asked. "Why do you want to get up? Doesn't cuddling sound good to you?" Lapis asked.

"Not right now." Peridot replied, tugging at Lapis' arm. Lapis groaned, "Whatever." She said. Peridot rolled her eyes and let go of Lapis, letting the ocean gem fall on the ground.

"Ow! What was that for?!" Lapis exclaimed, getting up. "Because you keep whining." Peridot said, trying to help Lapis up. "I don't need your help." Lapis said, sticking her tongue out and pushing Peridot away.

"Fine then." Peridot said, turning away dramatically. "I'm just kidding." Lapis said, chuckling awkwardly. "Nope, you don't need my help. You don't need me." Peridot said, trying to hide the grin on her face.