Twenty Five

"Nice going Peridot, you messed up.... again." Peridot said, her eyes to the sky. The little gem knew that Lapis wasn't going to forgive her easily this time. She didn't know what to do.

With a sigh Peridot sat down. 'Maybe it'd be best if I let her be alone..' The green gem thought. Peridot shook her head, no matter what she told herself she could not leave Lapis alone.

Peridot kept her eyes to the sky, waiting for Lapis to return. She felt horrible for what she said, she really did. It's not like she asked Lapis to fuse with her.

It didn't matter, no matter what she said or did Lapis wouldn't forgive Peridot until she decided to forgive Peridot.

Peridot groaned, she knew she'd have to wait a long time. But there was nothing she could do. She'd have to let Lapis forgive her on her own.

Peridot slammed her fist against the barn. This wasn't fair! She really had forgot, but Lapis didn't believe her.

Peridot sighed, this was no use. The little gem stood up and stormed into the barn. She looked at the mattress, a frown on her face.

Peridot threw herself on the mattress, she was muttering stuff even she didn't understand. The green gem punched the pillows, threw them across the barn. She jumped up and down on the mattress, shouting all kinds of things.

The little gem was making the blankets a mess. They slid back to reveal a dolphin plush. Peridot stopped and looked at it, it was the plush she won for Lapis.

Peridot picked the dolphin up and stared at it for a few moments. She then threw it back down on the mattress and headed upstairs. The green gem continued to mutter to herself as she plopped down on the couch.

Peridot turned the TV on, she'd just watch Camp Pining Hearts to keep her mind off Lapis.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Lapis flew fast, holding back tears. She had no idea where she was going, and she really didn't care. The blue gem kept thinking back to how she reacted to what Peridot said.

Lapis shook her head, she couldn't believe that Peridot forgot that she was trapped under the ocean for months in a fusion. The blue gem balled her fists, part of her felt bad for freaking out like she did. "Don't feel bad, she knows you don't want to fuse with anyone." Lapis said out loud.

Lapis continued on, looking below her. "Or maybe she thought it was different for her because..." Lapis trailed off. She really wanted to make sure Peridot was okay.

Lapis sighed and thought of how sorry Peridot sounded. It wasn't her fault, Lapis overreacted. The ocean gem stopped flying and turned around, she needed to know that Peridot was okay.

Lapis flew fast, all she could think about was Peridot. "I'm on my way Peri." She said, "Just wait a little longer."

-----------------------------------------------------------

Lapis had finally reached the barn, she was already scanning the area for Peridot. The water gem landed quickly and ran into the barn. Lapis immediately saw that the bed was a mess.

Pillows were all over the barn, and the blankets were a mess. Her stuffed dolphin was sitting on top of the blankets. Peridot's alien was sitting on the floor next to the mattress.

Lapis looked around, she was almost scared to say Peridot's name. The blue gem knew Peridot wasn't down here. 'She must be upstairs.' Lapis thought.

Lapis hesitantly made her way up the ladder. She heard the TV and knew Peridot was most definitely up here. The blue gem reached the top and stayed there.

Lapis spotted Peridot, who was curled in a ball in a corner of the room. Lapis got off the ladder and slowly walked over to Peridot. The ocean gem looked down at Peridot, who was silent.

'She's probably asleep." Lapis told herself. The blue gem stared at Peridot, she didn't want to wake her. Lapis took a seat on the couch, watching Peridot.

The green gem moved a little bit, mumbling. Peridot then sat up, turning her head. Lapis was the first thing she saw.

Peridot stared at Lapis, her eyes looked sore. Lapis noticed she had been crying, it looked as if she was crying a lot. The water gem didn't know what to say.

Peridot rubbed her eyes. They were pretty sore. The little gem didn't want Lapis to know she had cried.

Peridot cried for a while, tears of anger, hurt, and many other things. She stared at Lapis, who was almost in tears herself. The little gem stood, Lapis watching her every move.

Peridot walked past the couch, she said nothing. Lapis watched as Peridot passed her. The blue gem quickly grabbed Peridot's wrist and pulled her onto the couch.

"Gah!" Peridot cried out. Lapis pulled Peridot on top of her and squeezed her very tightly. Peridot blushed and said nothing.

"I'm sorry Peri." Lapis said, her blue eyes meeting Peridot's green eyes. Peridot looked at Lapis, she had no idea what to say. Lapis waited for Peridot to say something.

"I-It's okay.." Peridot said quietly. Lapis shook her head, "No its not. I shouldn't have acted the way I did." The blue gem said. "I understand why you'd react in such a way, no need to apologize." Peridot replied.

"It doesn't matter, I shouldn't have gotten so upset at you. I feel horrible Peridot, I really do." Lapis said. "It's fine, really. I should've known better than to bring up a topic that's so... personal to you." Peridot said, trying her best not to blush. Lapis sighed and shook her head, snuggling her face into the crook of Peridot's neck.

"What did I do to deserve you?" Lapis said, smiling. She couldn't help it, Peridot always had a way of making her smile. "Do you mean that in a good or bad way?" Peridot chuckled.

"Good you silly." Lapis smiled. "Oh, well then I guess it's because I can't help but feel... attracted to you. You're a beautiful gem, and I just really love you..." Peridot blushed, her voice hushed. Lapis felt herself blush as she squeezed Peridot tighter.

"So Lazuli, I take it you aren't mad at me anymore."

"I can't stay mad at you."