Thirty Nine

"Get back here you!" Peridot called, chasing after Perry. The gemling was crawling towards the door. "They're so silly." Lapis giggled to Bob, who was laying in her lap.

Peridot then scooped the green gemling up, smiling. This smile disappeared when Perry bit Peridot's arm. "Hey!" Peridot said, frowning at the gemling.

"She just keeps biting, I don't know how to get her to stop." Lapis said as Peridot sat Perry down on the mattress. Peridot then sat down, still frowning. "There appears to be no stopping her." Peridot said.

Perry sat, looking at Lapis and Peridot. The green gemling then chirped at them. "You're bad." Lapis said, picking her up and cuddling her.

Perry tried to wriggle away, but Lapis held her tight. This amused Bob, who had a tiny smile on her face. Peridot chuckled quietly.

"You are a bad gemling, yes you are." Lapis cooed, kissing Perry's forehead. Perry let out a small grumble and pulled at Lapis' hair. "Stop it." Lapis giggled, poking Perry's cheek.

The gemling let out a disgruntled chirp and squirmed out of Lapis' hands. She then lay in the ocean gem's lap with Bob. "Huh, I think I got through to her." Lapis smiled.

"By giving her affection?" Peridot asked. "I think so." Lapis replied, looking at the two gemlings. "It seems unlikely, affection would be a reward for good behavior." Peridot said.

"Do you want me to be mean to her?" Lapis asked, looking at Peridot. "No, but I don't think affection is the appropriate response." Peridot said, shaking her head. "So what do I do?" Lapis asked.

"Um.. scold her?" Peridot suggested. "I guess, but I don't want to be too mean." Lapis said. "It's not mean, it's simply telling them what's right from wrong." Peridot said.

"Next time she does it I'll scold her then." Lapis said. The blue gem then looked at the two gemlings in her lap, smiling. "Perry is actually pretty relaxed right now." Lapis said.

"That's a first." Peridot chuckled. Lapis laughed and looked at Peridot. "She really does remind me of you." Lapis grinned.

"That means she'll be highly intelligent, and that also means one day she will find an amazing and beautiful gem to love her." Peridot said. Lapis smiled and leaned close to Peridot, it was difficult with the gemlings in her lap. Peridot then scooted closer to Lapis, hugging her.

"You think I'm beautiful?" Lapis blushed. "Of course I do. I've told you this several times, and it's true. Lazuli, you're stunning." Peridot said, a light blush settling on her face. Lapis then cuddled closer to Peridot, her smile growing bigger.

Peridot smiled and looked at Lapis. "I am one lucky Peridot." The green gem said. "Stop it, you're making me blush." Lapis giggled.

"But it's all true." Peridot smiled, she liked hearing Lapis laugh. "You're too sweet." Lapis said, kissing Peridot's cheek. "If you say so." Peridot chuckled.

Bob and Perry then began to make quiet noises, stirring. "What's the matter, little ones?" Lapis cooed, looking down at them. Peridot smiled, she loved to see Lapis interact with the gemlings.

Lapis continued to coo at the gemlings while Peridot watched. The green gem found this adorable.

"You two melt my heart." Lapis smiled, gently ruffling both of the gemlings' hair. "You're just too cute." The ocean gem continued.

Peridot chuckled quietly, listening to the occasional chirps come from the gemlings. They were becoming more vocal. One day they'd be able to talk just like Lapis and Peridot.

"You're a great caretaker, Lazuli." Peridot smiled. "Thanks Peri." Lapis smiled, her blush returning to her cheeks. Peridot nodded, a light blush on her cheeks.