Three

Days had passed since the kiss. Lapis and Peridot had been talking a lot more, and Peridot finally forgave the water gem. Over those days, Lapis found herself get this weird feeling when around Peridot.

Today it was hot, and the two gems stayed in the shade of the barn. "Well Lazuli, now's the perfect time to use that smaller than average lake!" Peridot said as she watched Lapis dance around the barn. "I suppose it is." Lapis said as she danced around.

Peridot's mind went back to the song that they had danced to, and she thought of Lapis' sweet voice. "Hey, you should sing." The green gem then said. Lapis stopped dancing and looked at Peridot, "Why?"

"Because you're a good singer." Peridot replied, looking back at Lapis. Lapis blushed and smiled. "Thanks Peri.." She said.

"Peri?" Peridot asked, tilting her head. "Yeah, it's short for Peridot. It's just a nickname, kinda like how you call me Lazuli." Lapis explained. "Oh, I see." Peridot said, smiling.

Lapis smiled back and continued to dance. "You know Lazuli, music would be nice right now." Peridot said, gesturing to the CD player. "Sorry Peri, but the only song on that CD is the one we danced to. I'm sure you don't want to hear it again.." Lapis said in a sing song voice.

"I liked that song.. it's nice. You made it sound pretty." Peridot said, trying to remember how the song went. Lapis laughed and danced over to Peridot's side. "Wanna dance?" Lapis asked.

Peridot stood up, "Sure.." Lapis smiled and took Peridot's green hands in her own. "Just don't do what you did last time." Peridot said, remembering the feeling of Lapis' lips on her own.

"I won't, I promise." Lapis said softly. Her mind also went back to the feeling of Peridot's lips on hers. The two gems began to dance, as Lapis wrapped her arms around Peridot's waist.

Peridot wrapped her small arms around Lapis' neck. "Wait.. before we start.. do you want the music?" Lapis asked. Peridot nodded quickly, and Lapis walked over to the CD player.

The blue gem pressed the play button and danced over to Peridot as the piano started to play. They began to dance, piano noises still playing. "Please sing." Peridot said.

The song started and Lapis smiled. She sang as her and Peridot danced alone in the barn. Peridot smiled happily at the sound of Lapis' voice, it warmed her.

"Join me.." Lapis said, and continued singing. Peridot hesitated but she sang with Lapis anyways. They danced all over the barn, singing.

As they reached the last chorus of the song, Lapis and Peridot sang louder. Lapis was beaming with happiness, and she held Peridot close. Peridot closed her eyes and held Lapis, singing.

The song reached its end, and as the piano played Lapis and Peridot continued dancing. Lapis smiled down at the little gem, who had a beautiful sparkle in her green eyes. Right when the piano stopped, so didn't the two gems.

"Woo!!" Four voices called. Lapis and Peridot both jumped.  Steven, Garnet, Pearl, and Amethyst had been watching. "Gaaaah!" Peridot cried, running to her corner of the barn.

Lapis stood, eyes wide. She looked from one face to another. They all had different expressions.

Steven had a huge smile on his face, and Garnet had a small one. Amethyst was smirking and making kiss noises while Pearl just kinda stood there.

Lapis turned away and rushed over to Peridot. "They saw everything." She said to Peridot. "I know! Ugh, they're so invasive!" Peridot said angrily.

"Guys that was so cute!" Steven said, walking into the barn. "Go away!" Peridot exclaimed. Lapis chewed her bottom lip, embarrassed.

"Why are you even here?" Peridot then asked, standing up. "I came to swim in the pond we made for Lapis!" Steven said. "Oh, why did they come?" Peridot asked, gesturing to Garnet, Pearl, and Amethyst.