Twenty Seven

"W-WHAT?!" Peridot gasped, eyes wide. "You heard me." Lapis said, looking down. "You want to attempt fusion with the Great and Loveable Peridot?!" Peridot exclaimed, a huge smile tugging at her lips.

"Well yes, only if you'd like to.." Lapis muttered, blushing. "OF COURSE I WOULD LIKE TO FUSE WITH LAZULI!" Peridot shouted, jumping to her feet. Lapis smiled and shook her head, standing.

"Oh my stars, I can't believe this is happening! I'm going to fuse with Lazuli!" Peridot yelled, jumping around. Lapis giggled and watched as Peridot raced excitedly around the barn. "Calm down Peri, are we gonna do this or what?" Lapis smiled.

"Of course we are going to do this, just let me get all of my excitement out." Peridot said, looking at the blue gem. "Okay, but don't take long." Lapis said. "I won't." Peridot replied, walking to the door.

The green gem opened the door, looking up at the night sky. A huge grin was plastered on her face. Suddenly Peridot closed her eyes, leaning her head back.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" Peridot screamed, still smiling. The little gem then turned back to Lapis. "I'm ready now." She said.

"Okay, get over here." Lapis chuckled, smiling at Peridot. The small gem ran over to Lapis, hugging the ocean gem. Lapis gently hugged Peridot back, blushing.

"Well, let's do it. Let's fuse." Lapis smiled, pulling away from the hug. The blue gem then wrapped her arms around Peridot's waist. Peridot wrapped her small arms around Lapis' neck, still grinning.

Lapis then began to step side to side, Peridot stepping with her. The blue gem finally didn't have to worry about not fusing. This was nice for her.

Peridot looked up at Lapis, eyes shimmering. Lapis then twirled Peridot, smiling. The ocean gem let Peridot fall, but let her hand catch her.

Lapis took Peridot's other hand, holding it up. Suddenly their gems began to glow, both of their eyes wide. They both felt this tingly feeling, it was strange and new.

This was it, they had fused.

-----------------------------------------------------------

What's going on? Who am I... what am I?

Peridot we did it, we really did it!

W-wait, we fused?!

Yes!

Haha we fused!

Woohoo!

But Lazuli, who are we?

We are... Aquamarine.

Aquamarine took a careful step, watching as her foot landed softly on the grass. She then took another step, the grass felt odd.

"Wow.. so this is what it's like." She whispered, a tiny smile graced her lips. Aquamarine took one more step, brushing her foot over the grass. It tickled her foot.

Aquamarine looked up at the starry night sky, a soft breeze blowing. She looked at the world around her, everything seemed so... new.

"I want to see u- I mean me." She said, looking down at her hands. With a few more gentle steps, Aquamarine made her way to the pond.

She looked into the pond at her reflection, gasping. "So this is us.." She whispered, dipping her fingers into the water. "We really did fuse.." Aquamarine smiled.

The blue-green gem took her hand out of the water, drying it on the grass. She sat down, still looking at her reflection.

"So what do we do now?" Aquamarine asked out loud. She pulled a blade of grass out of the ground, throwing it into the pond.

Peridot?

Lazuli.

Are you ready to unfuse?

Only if you want to.

I want to see your face.

Likewise.

A strange tingly feeling ran through Aquamarine as she began to unfuse. A bright light shone, and the shape of Peridot and Lapis' gems appeared.

The two fell to opposite sides of the ground, both smiling. Lapis stood, rubbing her arm. Peridot looked up at Lapis and scrambled to her feet.

The little gem then ran to Lapis, hugging the ocean gem tightly. Lapis smiled and hugged Peridot back. "We fused Lazuli, we fused!" Peridot exclaimed.

"I know." Lapis smiled, kissing Peridot's forehead. "Well what did you think?" The green gem asked, eyes wide. "It was nice. And what did you think?" Lapis asked.

"It was my first time fusing, I'm glad it was with you Lazuli." Peridot replied. "Wait, you hadn't fused before now?" Lapis asked. "No." Peridot said.

"Well I'm glad I made it a good experience." Lapis chuckled. Peridot smiled and looked up at the ocean gem.

"C'mon, why don't we go back into the barn." Lapis said, offering her hand to Peridot. The green gem took Lapis' hand, nodding. They walked into the barn together, both smiling.

Lapis lay down on the mattress, Peridot laying next to her. The small gem cuddled close to Lapis, humming softly.

"I love you Peridot."

"I love you too Lazuli."