Eleven

Lapis felt her heart skip a beat at Peridot's words. She hugged Peridot closer, sniffling. The blue gem rocked Peridot softly.

"Okay." Lapis finally said in return. Peridot's cries had died down, and Lapis wiped her blue face quickly. Peridot held Lapis silently.

After a few minutes, Peridot's soft snores indicated she was fast asleep. Lapis smiled, not letting go. The blue gem sat so her back was against the couch, and Peridot's legs were wrapped around her waist.

Peridot's head rested on Lapis' shoulder, her arms wrapped around Lapis. Lapis wrapped her arms around Peridot, making sure she didn't fall. "Goodnight Peridot." The water gem whispered, holding Peridot close.

Lapis wasn't letting go anytime soon.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Morning soon arrived, and Lapis was awake before Peridot. She opened her blue eyes slowly, smiling at Peridot who was still right where she was last night. Lapis yawned, trying not to wake Peridot.

The blue gem stayed still, watching Peridot sleep. Lapis loosened her hold on Peridot, who was now mumbling in her sleep. The blue gem giggled, trying to make out what Peridot was saying.

Peridot began to stir a little bit, still mumbling. Lapis smiled and waited for Peridot to wake up. "Clods.." The small gem muttered, it was the only word Lapis could make out.

Peridot stirred some more, her green eyes fluttering open. She was immediately greeted by Lapis' smiling face. "Morning." Lapis grinned.

"Morning Lazuli." Peridot yawned, letting go of Lapis so she could stretch her arms. "Sleep well?" Lapis asked, letting go of Peridot. Peridot nodded, "Yes. You kept me.. warm." The little gem said.

"I didn't let go." Lapis smiled as Peridot yawned again. "I know." Peridot replied, a soft blush spreading across her face. Lapis chuckled and looked at Peridot, who's legs were still wrapped around her waist.

Peridot looked at Lapis for a second, then leaned in and rested her head on Lapis' shoulder. "I was comfortable like this." The green gem said. Lapis giggled and wrapped her arms around Peridot's back.

"Me too." The ocean gem said, her face heating up a little bit. "Lazuli, are you sure you're not still upset at me?" Peridot then asked. "Of course not. I told you last night, I'm happy to be here with you." Lapis replied, hugging Peridot close.

"Okay.." Peridot said. "Wanna watch Camp Pining Hearts? I really want to see what happens in episode six." Lapis grinned. "Sure." Peridot smiled, getting off Lapis and walking over to the TV.

The small gem put the disc in and sat by Lapis. Lapis looked at Peridot as the intro played. The blue gem lay her head on Peridot's lap.

Peridot looked down at Lapis, a small smile tugged at her lips. The little gem played with Lapis' blue hair as the episode started. Lapis hummed happily, eyes on the TV.

Peridot kept her eyes on the TV, this was a good episode. She ran her green fingers through Lapis' blue locks. Lapis watched the TV, a tiny smile on her lips.

"Do Percy and Pierre kiss yet?" Lapis asked. "No." Peridot answered, you could hear the annoyance her voice. Peridot felt very strong about Percy and Pierre, Lapis knew that.

"I wish they would though." The little gem said, twirling a strand of Lapis' hair around one of her fingers. "Yeah, me too." Lapis replied. Peridot let out a small chuckle, "Good."

Lapis giggled and watched the TV, feeling Peridot's green gaze on her. Lapis looked up, only to meet Peridot's eyes. "Hi." Lapis giggled, causing Peridot to grin.

"Hi." The green gem said, playing with Lapis' hair. Lapis laughed, her blue eyes shimmering. Peridot gave a small chuckle, turning her attention back to the TV.

Lapis looked back at the TV, she stopped laughing. Episode six was over after a few minutes. "So do you wanna watch episode seven?" Peridot asked, looking down at Lapis.

"Mm... not right now." The blue gem said, turning the TV off. "Alright." Peridot replied as Lapis sat up. Lapis rested her head on Peridot's shoulder and wrapped her arms around her waist.

Peridot closed her eyes and sighed happily. A small smile graced her lips, and she felt her face begin to heat up. Lapis looked at Peridot, studying her face.

The blue gem's eyes then drifted to Peridot's gem. It was right on her forehead, Lapis couldn't imagine having her own gem on her forehead. Just the thought of it made her giggle.

"What is it Lazuli?" Peridot asked, opening her eyes. "Just thinking." Lapis replied, snuggling closer to Peridot. "Oh, okay." The green gem said, glancing at the ocean gem.

Lapis watched as Peridot closed her eyes again. The blue gem smiled, chewing her bottom lip. "Tired?" Lapis asked.

Peridot nodded, a tiny smile pulling at her lips. "Sleep." Lapis said, poking Peridot's nose. "Stop it." Peridot grumbled.

Lapis stuck her tongue out, making a pffft noise. "Yeah haha, so funny Lazuli." Peridot said, eyes still closed. Lapis chuckled and squeezed Peridot softly.

"You're tired." Lapis said. Peridot sighed, "I will admit I'm tired, but I'm not going to sleep. I don't want to." The small gem said. Lapis mocked Peridot in a whiny voice.

"Knock it off." Peridot said, trying to hold back a laugh. "And I do not talk like that." She added. Lapis let out a small chuckle.

"And I do not talk like that." The blue gem mocked in the same whiny voice. Peridot grumbled in annoyance, opening her green eyes and rolling them. Lapis giggled and cuddled Peridot close to her.

"I love you.." Lapis sang.

Peridot sighed and shook her head, chuckling.

"I love you too."

Lapis giggled, burying her face in Peridot's neck. "You get annoyed so easily." She said, voice muffled. Peridot smiled, "Yeah, by clods like you."

Lapis laughed, "I'm your clod." Peridot laughed with her, "My favorite clod." She replied. Lapis blushed, "Is that so?"

"Yes it is." Peridot said as Lapis pulled away from her neck. "Well in that case.." Lapis giggled, sitting up and wrapping her arms around Peridot's neck. Peridot blushed, "What?"

Lapis smirked, looking into Peridot's green eyes. Peridot's eyes then met Lapis' awkwardly. Lapis pulled Peridot closer.

The blue gem then kissed Peridot's gem softly, causing the small gem's eyes to widen. A heavy blush settled over Peridot's face. Lapis smiled and hugged Peridot.

The poor little gem was still in shock. She hugged Lapis back awkwardly. Her face was on fire, and her stomach felt like it was doing back flips.

Curse these stupid feelings.