Six

A loud roar of thunder woke Lapis. Her eyes shot open as lightning flashed outside. The blue gem squeezed Peridot's hand tightly.

"Peri.." Lapis whispered, jumping as more thunder roared. The ocean gem pulled at Peridot's arm gently. More thunder crashed through the air, and Lapis shook Peridot by her shoulder.

"Peri wake up." She said, shaking Peridot a little rougher. The little gem didn't budge. "Peridot please." Lapis pleaded, squeezing Peridot's shoulder as thunder roared and rain began to pour into the barn.

"Peridot.." Lapis said, voice shaking. She took one of her blue fingers and opened one of Peridot's eyes. "Nnn what?" Peridot asked sleepily.

The little gem opened her eyes and yawned, what was happening?

CRASH!

Lapis wrapped her arms around Peridot and buried her face in her neck. "Lazuli?" Peridot asked sleepily. More lighting and thunder spread across the sky.

Lapis began to shake, and she squeezed Peridot tighter. "Lazuli what's the matter?" Peridot asked, feeling the blue gem jump as thunder roared.

Lapis began to cry, tears rolling down her cheeks one after the other. She closed her eyes tightly and buried her face further into Peridot's neck. "Lazuli what in the name of Yellow Diamond is the matter with you?" The small gem asked Lapis.

"I.. I w-want to go upstairs." Lapis said quietly. "Okay, we'll go upstairs." Peridot said, standing and offering Lapis her hand. Lapis didn't take it.

BOOM!

Lapis froze and covered her ears. She clamped her eyes shut and gritted her teeth. Endless thunder echoed through the sky.

"Lazuli c'mon." Peridot said as she took one of Lapis' hands and took it off her ear. She led her towards the ladder. "No! Let me go!" Lapis shouted, pulling away from Peridot.

"Lazuli what's going on with you?" The green gem asked as Lapis covered her ears again. More thunder crashed, causing Lapis to almost scream. Peridot rushed over, hugging Lapis tightly.

"N-no! Get off me, leave me alone!" Lapis said, trying to push Peridot away. Tears rolled down her blue cheeks continously. Peridot frowned, and let Lapis go.

The thunder seemed to send Lapis into a panicky state, she was a mess. "Lazuli it's just me, Peridot." The small gem said. Lapis looked at Peridot with panicked eyes.

Peridot offered her hand again, stepping closer to Lapis. "Don't come near me!" The ocean gem cried. "Lapis." Peridot said sternly.

Peridot had never called her that before.

Lapis stepped back, sniffling. She tumbled forward as lighting struck behind her. Luckily Peridot caught her.

The little green gem held Lapis close as she lashed around. "Let me go! Put me down!" Lapis cried as Peridot attempted to pick her up. The small gem slung the crying Lapis over her shoulder.

"Put me down now!" Lapis demanded as Peridot tried to climb up the ladder. The small gem had one arm over Lapis, and she used the other to climb up with. Finally Peridot reached the top, and she sat Lapis down.

CRASH!

The thunder sent Lapis scrambling over to the corner, trying to get away from Peridot. Peridot rushed after her, nearly falling. Lapis curled herself into a panicking, sobbing ball.

"What the hell Lazuli?!" Peridot shouted, sitting next to her. Lapis didn't answer, her body shook furiously. "Lazuli I want an answer and I want it now!" Peridot said angrily.

The thunder quieted down a bit. Lapis sobbed softly, hugging her knees. "Lazuli answer me!" Peridot yelled.

Lapis looked up at Peridot, tears rolling down her cheeks. Peridot had an upset yet angry look on her face. Tears began to form in the corners of her green eyes.

"P-P-Peri... I'm s-sorry.." Lapis stammered, voice shaking. Peridot felt tears run down her cheeks, tears of anger. "Why did you do that? Why did you push me away?" Peridot asked, wiping her tears.

Lapis stayed silent, she shook her head. "Why? I was trying to help you! You were the one who woke me up!" The green gem shouted. Lapis closed her eyes, trembling.

"Tell me Lazuli!" Peridot said, looking at the trembling gem. "I... I can't.." Lapis sobbed, "It brings back too much memories!"

"Memories of what?!" Peridot shouted, slamming her fist against the wall. "The ocean!" Lapis shouted, opening her eyes and looking directly at Peridot. Peridot closed her mouth, she felt her face soften.

"T-the thunder reminds me of the water, the water I was trapped under for months!" Lapis yelled, even more tears rolling down her cheeks. "Lazuli..." Peridot said quietly. Lapis turned her head away from Peridot.

Peridot wrapped her arms around Lapis' waist, squeezing her tightly. "I'm so sorry.." The little gem whispered. She hugged Lapis even closer, and rocked with her, "I'm so sorry.."

Peridot let go of Lapis, sitting across from her. She put both of her green hands on Lapis' cheeks. Lapis grabbed Peridot's wrists, hanging her head.

Peridot looked at Lapis, she looked so weak. The small gem felt horrible for interrogating her. Lapis' eyes were closed.

Peridot felt a funny feeling in her stomach. Her heart raced, and her hands began to shake. The little green gem felt her face heat up.

Suddenly, Peridot pulled Lapis' face close to her own. The green gem put her lips on Lapis' and kissed her.

Lapis opened her eyes in shock. The blue gem felt herself blush, and closed her blue eyes. She kissed Peridot back.

After a few seconds Peridot pulled away. "I'm sorry.." She said.

Lapis looked at Peridot. She smiled and pulled the green gem close.

"I forgive you."