Seventeen

It had been rather rainy lately, so Lapis and Peridot spent most of their time in the barn. They had finished season three of Camp Pining Hearts like Peridot had wanted. Lapis couldn't stop talking to (and annoying) Peridot about how close they were to season five.

"One more season." Lapis sang into Peridot's ear. "Knock it off Lazuli." Peridot said, pushing Lapis away. "No, I can't." Lapis giggled, laying across Peridot's lap.

"You can, and you will." Peridot said, looking at Lapis. Lapis smirked and pinched Peridot's nose. Peridot slapped Lapis' hand, "Stop!" She exclaimed.

Lapis giggled and puckered her lips at Peridot. The green gem rolled her eyes, a light blush settling on her face. "You know you love me." Lapis smiled.

"No I don't, I hate you." Peridot said, poking Lapis' nose. "No you don't." Lapis replied, blushing. They made eye contact for a long time.

Peridot groaned, "You're right, I can't lie to you. I love you very much." The little gem said, leaning down and pecking Lapis' forehead. "I knew it." Lapis giggled, reaching for Peridot's face. Peridot smiled down at Lapis.

The blue gem put her hands on Peridot's cheeks and pulled her face close to her own. Her lips ghosted over Peridot's, both of them blushing. Lapis then connected their lips, kissing Peridot softly.

Peridot blushed and kissed Lapis back. The ocean gem closed her eyes, kissing the smaller gem a little rougher. Suddenly Peridot gasped, pulling away.

"Too much?" Lapis asked, smiling. Peridot nodded, blushing. "S-sorry." Lapis blushed.

"It's okay, I... enjoyed it." Peridot said. "Me too." Lapis smiled, short of breath. Peridot blushed and looked away.

"So, now what do we do?" Peridot asked. Lapis shrugged, "I just wanna lay here." The blue gem said. "In my lap? Isn't that uncomfortable?" Peridot asked.

"No, not really." Lapis replied. "Oh, okay." Peridot said, still shocked over the kiss. It wasn't just the kiss, it was how hard Lapis kissed her.

"Peridot?"

"Y-yes?"

"Can I kiss you again?"

"No."

"Okay."

Lapis frowned at Peridot. The little gem gave a weak smile at Lapis. "Sorry." Peridot said.

Lapis muttered something Peridot couldn't hear. Peridot stared at her, still smiling awkwardly. Lapis looked up at the green gem, frowning.

Lapis and Peridot stared at eachother for a long time. The blue gem remained frowning. Peridot kept smiling.

Lapis quickly grabbed Peridot's face and kissed her. Peridot's eyes widened as she tried to pull away from Lapis. Lapis was now sitting up, and her arms were wrapped around Peridot's back so she couldn't escape.

After a minute or so, Peridot gave up. She kissed Lapis back, not returning the same amount of passion Lapis was. The blue gem had her eyes closed while Peridot had hers opened.

Lapis then pulled away, her lips hovering over Peridot's. "What's the matter?" She asked in a hushed voice. "I'm not very used to... this." Peridot said.

"What do you mean?" Lapis asked, a small smile tugging at her lips. "You never do this. We've never kissed like this." Peridot said, looking at Lapis' lips. "Oh come on Peri, it's not that bad." Lapis giggled.

"It's not bad, it's just a little too much." Peridot said as Lapis squeezed her softly. "No its not, you're just scared." Lapis said, smirking. "I am not scared!" Peridot exclaimed.