Thirty Two

Two weeks had passed, and during those two weeks Peridot and Lapis were trying their hardest to figure this out.

"Hmm... is it any worse? Any better?" Peridot asked. "No, it's the same as it was yesterday." Lapis said, shaking her head. "Oh, so it hurts." Peridot said.

Lapis nodded her head, "Yeah." The blue gem said. "I just want to know what's causing this." The green gem sighed. "We'll figure it out." Lapis smiled, placing her hand on Peridot's.

Peridot looked at Lapis and returned the smile. The little gem then slid her hands out from under Lapis', taking the ocean gem's hand in her own. Lapis blushed and rested her head on Peridot's shoulder.

"Hey, when are we going to fix that?" Lapis asked, pointing to the hole in the wall. "You mean when are Steven and I going to fix it? You're in no shape to do such things." Peridot replied. "I think I'll be able to help." Lapis said.

"No, if you refuse to leave this mattress then you most definitely can't help." Peridot said. "I hate when you're right." Lapis said, poking Peridot's arm. "Well I'm always right, so you must hate me all the time." Peridot chuckled.

"Stop that." Lapis giggled. "Stop what? I'm stating the truth." Peridot smiled. "I don't hate you." Lapis said.

"I know you don't." Peridot said. "Good." Lapis smiled, planting a kiss on Peridot's cheek. Peridot blushed and gently squeezed Lapis' hand.

"For real though, when do you plan on fixing it?" Lapis smiled. "Whenever Steven shows up with the supplies I guess." Peridot said. "Why?" The green gem then asked.

"Because the light that comes in through it always wakes me up." Lapis replied. "Oh." Peridot said, her green eyes focused on Lapis.

"Does it not wake you up?" Lapis then asked. "No, well sometimes it does." Peridot said. "How does it even wake you up though? Your face is usually buried in my neck when you're asleep." Peridot added.

Lapis blushed at Peridot's words, that was true. "I don't know, the light is so bright." Lapis shrugged. "It doesn't make any sense, but whatever you say." Peridot said.

"When we see Steven I think we need to tell him what's been going on." Lapis then said. "Yeah, but I don't know if he'll know what to do." Peridot said. "Oh well, I still think he should know." Lapis said.

"You'd be better off telling Garnet, Amethyst, or Pearl. They'd probably know if anything." Peridot said. "Mmm... I think I'll stick to telling Steven, thanks." Lapis replied. "Well if you won't tell them I will. Or I'll have Steven tell them." Peridot said.

"Why do they need to know, I'm not one of them.." Lapis said, voice hushed. "But they could help us Lazuli, isn't that what you want?" Peridot said, squeezing Lapis' hand tighter. "It is but... I'd feel odd asking them. You can if you want, but I don't want to." Lapis said.

"Why? After all, they are allowing you to stay in their barn." Peridot said. "It's our barn. And because, they kept me trapped. I'm not one of them, I just said that." Lapis replied, looking away. "I bet they'd like you to be one of them though." Peridot whispered.

"No they wouldn't, I don't want to talk about this." Lapis said, wincing at the pain in her gem. "Okay, okay. I'm still going to tell them though." Peridot said. Lapis sighed, "Please don't." The blue gem said.

"Can't I at least tell Amethyst?" Peridot asked. "No, especially not Amethyst." Lapis said. "Why not?" Peridot asked with a tilt of her head.

"Because, I've seen the way she looks at you. I don't want her to steal my Peri." Lapis said, roughly squeezing Peridot's hand. "We are only friends, I assure you that. You are the only one I love." Peridot said. "I better be." Lapis said, looking at the other gem.

"Lazuli's jealous." Peridot snickered. "No I'm not! I just don't like to share." Lapis protested. "As true as that may be, I know you are jealous. But don't worry, there's no reason to be. I don't feel the same way even if Amethyst has feelings for me, which I'm pretty sure she has feelings for Pearl." Peridot smiled.

"Still, you're mine." Lapis said, wrapping her arms around Peridot's torso. Peridot blushed and nodded. The blue gem winced again, groaning.

"I think the more worked up you get the more your gem hurts, so calm down." Peridot said. "Do you really think that's how it works?" Lapis asked. "Possibly, but that's probably only part of it." Peridot replied.

"Nerd." Lapis chuckled. Peridot chuckled and shook her head. "Laugh all you want Lazuli, but it comes in handy." Peridot said.

"Oh I bet." Lapis giggled. Peridot then lay down, Lapis laying with her. The ocean gem instantly nuzzled her nose into the crook of Peridot's neck.

"Why do you always do that?" Peridot asked, lifting her head a little bit. "Because I like to..? I don't know." Lapis said. "Does it bother you?" The blue gem asked.

"No, I was just curious." Peridot said. "It's kind of like a comfort place for me. I feel safe." Lapis smiled. "I make you feel safe? Ha!" Peridot laughed.

"I guess you do." Lapis said. Peridot smiled and kissed the top of Lapis' head. "You should probably try and get some sleep." Peridot said.

"No, I don't want to." Lapis said, cuddling closer to Peridot. "Whatever you say, Lazuli." Peridot said.

Lapis fell asleep five minutes later.