The Shocking Surprise

Y/N's POV

I sat on my bed, staring at an old picture of me and my Aunt Brenda. She was wearing a green shirt with blue jeans, and the gardening gloves she used to wear when we went to tidy up the garden she used to have. I used to love to help her pull weeds, and plant flowers, water them, and i even helped her mow the lawn.

I remembered how she would always wake me up. Just like the day me and the guys went out, she would make me my favorite breakfasts, and quietly walk into my room and whisper in my ear what she had made for me. I would always quickly jump up and sprint over to the kitchen, and devour whatever it was she made that morning. It would always either be eggs, bacon, waffles, pancakes, muffins, or sausages. They were always 100% delicious, and never under cooked, or overcooked. I miss her cooking.....

Hell, i miss everything about her.

I felt a tear run down my cheek as i continued to stare at the photo. We both had large smiles on our faces, with not a care in the world. If only it could still be like that....not a day goes by when i don't think about her.

"Hey Y/N, i just found this game that looks really cool, do you wanna tr-........Y/N? Y/N are you alright?" Mark asked, with a worried expression on his face.

I couldn't even respond to him. The tears just came down harder. Mark looked over my shoulder, and stared at the picture that i was holding.

"O-oh." he said as he realized why i was upset. "Here, put the picture down." he added calmly, as he opened his arms for a hug.

I put the picture down, and slowly accepted the hug. He started to slowly rock me back and forth, in an attempt to make me feel better.

"Shh, its ok. Everything is gonna be ok. She's in a better place now." he continued to say soothing words into my ear.

"C-can you find o-out w-when her funeral i-is?" i asked him, quietly.

"Sure." he said, and looked at me in the eyes. "Are you sure you want to go to that?" he asked me, calmly.

"(sniff) ya." i said, wiping my red puffy eyes.

He responded with an not-so-sure 'ok', and left the room, taking out his cell phone. I watched him leave, and then looked back at the picture.

I sighed, and laid down on the bed i was sitting on, and held up the picture in front of my face.

''Now i will get to say a proper goodbye...." i whispered. And soon fell asleep.

***(time skip to that evening)***

"Y/N......Y/N wake up. There's someone at the door that wants to see you." Mark said, softly, though i could hear a little excitement in his tone.

I fluttered my eyes open to see Mark hovered over me, with a slight smile.

"Ok..." i said. Mark stood up strait, giving me room to get out of bed. I groggily did so, and made my way to the door. I stopped to look at the clock. 6:24 p.m. Wow i slept for a while.

I then walked to the front door, and slowly opened the door. There sat a woman in a wheelchair. She was middle aged, and had blonde hair that came down to her shoulders. He had a few bruises here and there, and a couple cuts that looked like they were just about healed. Here eyes were a beautiful shade of brown, and she wore a black shirt, with skinny jeans. I stared at her with disbelief, and happiness.

It was Aunt Brenda.

I felt my hands tremble as i ran over to her, and embraced her with a big hug. I felt hot tears come out of my eyes, and stain her shirt.

"Aunt B-Brenda....h-how....-"

"Shhh. Its ok, I'm here. You didn't think i would leave do soon, did you?" she asked as we broke apart. I laughed, softly, and smiled big. I missed her so much. I heard Mark come up from behind me.

"Mark, did you know about this?" i asked him.

"Nope. I called the people like you asked me to, and they said that she never died!" he said, excitedly. Aunt Brenda giggled.

"they thought that i was gonna die, and was about to pull the plug. But they kept it in, and somehow i lived! They said that it was a miracle that i was still alive, because i shouldn't have lived." she explained.

I took time to think about it all. What could have made a miracle happen?

Then it hit me.

Mark had his lucky flannel on.

"Mark.....your lucky flannel....." i said out loud. i turned to face him, and he had that mischievous grin on his face that could win $100,000,000.

"Well i guess it really is lucky." i said, smiling back at him.

"My my....." Aunt Brenda whispered to herself as she stared at us.

"Hmm?" i asked, wanting to double check if i heard her right.

"Nothing!" she said cheerfully, and then smiled like a maniac.

"Ok...." is all i could think off to respond.

After that we basically sat outside and talked.