I Will Be There For You, Always

Y/N's POV

we went inside after we all decided it was too dark to stay outside, and Aunt Brenda needed to rest. So we lead her to the guest room for her to sleep in.

We didn't really talk about much, all Mark and I talked about were all the events that happened while she was at the hospital. Like how all the guys came over to say hi to me, and how Felix called me out on my monthly, and Sean, and his fricking twitter picture of Mark and I sleeping together. Yep. I told her everything. Mark just told her the details and whatever else i left out of the stories. Aunt Brenda just nodded, and laughed at the funny stories.

She told us a little bit about her days in the hospital. Like how one of her close friends always came over to bring her some of her favorite flowers, and how one of the nurses brought her chocolate one day, and a few other things i didn't quite pay attention to, because she was mumbling something to Mark.

But what was most important is that i got my Aunt back. And i am not gonna risk loosing her again. So Mark and i made a final decision to keep Aunt Brenda here until we can trust her to not get herself hurt.

I am in the living room, watching, or half watching Two And a Half Men. My mind would wander back from the relief, and the happiness of getting my Aunt back. I should have known that she wouldn't die. She's always been too tough for that.

"Hey, Y/N!" Mark said joyfully.

"Hey, Mark." i said, smiling at him as he sat next to me on the sofa.

"Two And a Half Men, huh?" he said, staring at the TV.

''Yep." i said, popping the 'p'.

It was silent for a while, because we had gotten caught up in the show. We laughed when Charlie got caught, and all the other hilarious parts. Eventually it got to commercial.

"H-hey, um, Mark?" i asked him, nervously.

"Hmm?"

"I just wanted to say thank you. You know, for being there for me through.... everything." i said.

"No problem. I will always be there for you. Always." he said, as he laid a hand on my shoulder.

I hadn't realized how close to each other we were. Our legs were touching, and our heads here inches apart. My heart started to pound loudly, i started to worry if he had heard it.

I smiled, thankfully at him. I don't know whats so special about me that would make him want to always be there for me. But i was grateful, nonetheless.

I hadn't realized how long we have been staring at each other for, but Mark started leaning in forward. In my mind i was panicking, but my movement was clam, as i leaned in closer to him. Our heads came closer.....closer.....closer.....until our lips met. Mark moved his hand and brought it to the back of my head, pulling me closer. Deepening the kiss. It was filled with love, and compassion. Mark licked the bottom of my lip, asking for permission. I gave in, and let him in. His tongue slipped in, and we touched tongues. Moving in sync.

We eventually pulled apart, and stared at each other for a second. I've seen Mark's eyes plenty of times, and they never showed this much emotion. This was no game.

I wanted to break the awkward stares, so i slipped my head underneath his chin, and snuggled into his chest. He wrapped his arms around me, and laid his head on top of mine.

We got into a comfortable position, and watched the show for a while. I didn't really pay attention though, my mind kept repeating Mark's words, and what had just happened.

i will always be there for you. Always.

I will always be there for you. Always.

This played in my head until i realized.....

Mark truly loves me.