Wheelchairs And Cameras

Aunt Brenda's POV

I woke up in an unfamiliar room. The walls were all white, and there was a small wooden oak dresser beside the bed with a large lamp on top of it. There were pictures hanging on the walls here and there, so the room wasnt bare.

I decided to get up to make breakfast for Y/N and Mark. The last time i did this was the day Y/N left to go back to her old house. So it would be nice if she had another one of my breakfasts.

I reached my hand out and grabbed my wheelchair, and sat myself in it. I haven't had much experience with wheelchairs, but i remembered the time when Y/N had to get a wheelchair.

*** flashback ***

"Aunt Brenda! Aunt Brenda!" said little 7 year-old Y/N.

"Yes, dear." is said, smiling sweetly.

"I'm taking gym classes in school, and they taught me to do a back flip!" she said excitedly, her eyes shining brighter than the sun.

"Oh really?" i said, showing interest.

​ "Ya! Watch this." she said excitedly, and ran to the middle of the yard. She put her arms up in the air, and looked back at me, to make sure that i was watching her. I smiled at her and waved to let her know that i was watching.

She giggled, and looked ahead of her. She then bent down, and jumped up, jerking her body backwards. But instead of landing on her feet, she landed on her chest, with her feet still curved up behind her in the shape of a scorpion's body.

That's when i heard it.

snap!

Y/N began shrieking in pain as i ran to her side. I tried to pick her up, but she yelped when i did. I flinched and held my hands back in fear of hurting her any more than she already was. I panicked, unsure of what to do.

I couldn't take the sight of her like this anymore. I quickly picked her up bridal style, ignoring her shrieks of protest. I carried her to the car, and buckled her in.

I then drove as fast as i could to the closes hospital

***(time skip to when the doctor brings the news)***

"well I'm sorry to say this, but I'm afraid she broke her spine right below the rib cage. She's gonna have to wear a back brace, and she has to have a wheelchair. But other than that, she should be fine." the Doctor informed me.

"Ok. Thank you doctor." i said.

"No problem" is all he said, before he left to go get Y/N. I closed my eyes and sighed softly. she's gonna be ok.

Then the nurse came in with Y/N in her wheelchair, and wearing a back brace. Her eyes were red and puffy and her cheeks were tear stained. I stood up, and was at her side within a second.

"Thank you so much!" i said, happily.

"No problem, ma'am. But if she starts complaining about her back hurting any more than a 6, then bring her back here. Ok?" she said, sweetly.

"Ok." i said smiling, and looked down at Y/N to see her trying to force a smile. The nurse then lead us back to the front desk.

***end of flashback***

i sighed at the memory. That day might have been the longest and depressing day I've ever had. Y/N was good at moving around in the wheelchair though. I'm not, that's for sure.

I drove myself to the door in my wheelchair, and, in the best of my ability, opened the door. I slowly made my way down the hallway, looking at all the pictures of Mark and his family. I smiled at each of them.

Eventually i made it to the living room, and saw that someone was sleeping on the couch. I whipped around to get a better look. But it wasn't just one person. It was Y/N and Mark sleeping together.

Y/N was closer to the edge of the couch, while Mark was half on top of her, and half beside her. He had is arm around her possessively. I smiled at them. They were so adorable.....good enough to snap a quick picture of it.

I looked around for my camera, and found it on the kitchen table. I grabbed it, and got it ready to snap a picture. I made my way back to the living room, and held my camera up. I let it focus on the image for a second, and clicked the button.

flash, click!

Y/N's eyes snapped open, and landed on the camera in my hands. Her eyes widened once she realized what i just did. I smiled at her sweetly.

"AUNT BRENDA YOU TOOK A PICTURE OF ME AND MARK!? YOU'RE JUST AS BAD AS SEAN!!!" She yelled in embarrassment, waking up Mark in the process, and began chasing me all though out the house.

I missed times like these.