Prologue

Prologue

I wasn't always like this..

Once upon a time my spirit oozed exuberance. I was full of life and I had no worries. I was also young at that time.

You see, I never really knew my mom. When I was young my mother left my dad and I. Being that I was only a year old, I didn't understand the significance or comprehend the impact of her absence until I grew older.

Her leaving barely fazed me, because my mom's sister Cassidy stepped in and helped raise me along side my dad. They were not together in any sort of fashion, but she quickly became the mother figure that any young child would yearn for.

My dad or mom didn't really have family in Florida since they decided to run away and get hitched when they found out she was pregnant with me. My mother's parents were abusive so this seemed like a golden opportunity for my mother and my aunt to finally escape the constant torture. My dad on the other hand was just hopelessly in love with my mother and did everything in his power to please her.

With that in mind, he stole a bunch of money from his wealthy parents and took my mother and her sister down to Florida to create a new life.

My childhood was pretty decent. Your standard household with just one parent. Everything was great until my aunt Cass got sick. She came down with Pancreatic cancer and her condition became really bad.

During this time I began to rebel. I didn't care what anyone thought, aunt Cass was my mother. The only one I knew, and no one could take that away from me.

My behavior became too much for my dad and eventually fell into a deep depression. As I started to come around it was too late, and on February 20, 2007, he took his own life. That was heartbreak personified. I had no one now.

Aunt Cass was in a coma and she was my only family. She obviously wasn't able to take care of me in state of  comatose, so I had no choice but to go into foster care.

At the age of eleven I was in and out of foster homes. I hate every one of 'em. Those people are suppose to protect you and take care of you but in reality the horrid things that occur in those homes make the difference between prison and foster care unrecognizable.

Through the hell I endured, I knew there had to be a way to escape. That being said I got a job at the local Publix because nothing said freedom like money and independence.

On my seventeenth birthday, I put my plans into action and with all of the  money I saved up, I ran away.

Now here I am, a struggling
addict going down a hectic downward spiral with no one to save me.

New book I hope you guys like.

-Lexi💓

PUB:6/23/2016