21:00

O M N I S C I E N T

The announcer's voice blared through the speakers of the TV. The on lookers of the basketball game stared in awe at the now injured player. "And Amun Jones takes a hard fall down! Let's replay that folks. James Harden with the quick pass to Amun Jones, Amun runs down the court and makes the three pointer. With a fast turn he seems to slip and down he goes! Didn't seem severe initially, but by the way the medics are surrounding him it doesn't look too good. Doesn't look good at all folks."

Sarye blocked out all of the surrounding ruckus after those words were spoken. Disbelief was what she was experiencing at the moment.

As she saw her man being carried away off of the court, she phoned his manager to find out the magnitude of what just took place.

The phone rang twice before she heard the voice of Terry Chandler, Amun's manager.

"Hello-"

"How's he doing? Is he okay? What did the medics say?" Sarye rushed out, interrupting Terry before he could completely get his words out.

"I don't have the status as of yet. They're still examining what part of his body is actually injured." Sarye could barely get the words out over her loud sobs. She just wanted her baby to be okay.

One week later...

"Baby just eat something." Sarye said exasperatedly. Since Amun has gotten injured he's been visibly upset, which is normal but him not having an appetite wasn't and it was scaring her. He was 6'6 and 260 pounds. He NEVER lost his appetite. He hadn't eaten anything since breakfast and it was going on eight o'clock at night at this point.

"I'm good." Amun replies with a blank expression. All he could do is continually watch the highlights of the game along with the dramatic commentary from reporters.

"NBA player Amun Jones' career on thin ice as word of his torn ACL quickly spread across just about every sports-related platform. The 23 year old is only a rookie, and although his starting stats are nothing less than amazing, he's not in anyway irreplaceable. Jones-" The reporter was cut off by Sarye shutting off the TV. She was tired of him watching this depressing bullshit. It was getting old.

"Yo what the fuck I was watching that." Amun's booming voice permeated throughout the room.

"Who are you talking to?" Sarye looked around feening ignorance, taken aback by the tone of his voice.

"Man watch out." Amun said grabbing his crutches in an attempt to leave the room.

"No sit. Damn you need to actually talk about this instead of holding it all in. All you do is watch highlights and them annoying ass reporters all day. Talk to me baby. Please?"

"Don't got shit to talk about. Like I said, I'm good." He began walk toward his bedroom and could hear the steps of his girlfriend close behind him, which added to his already brewing irritation.

Suddenly he turned around, his 6'6 frame towering over hers.

"Stop fucking following me man. Damn I just wanna be by myself. Give me some space." He exclaimed. He looked and sounded so infuriated that you could practically see steam coming out of his ears. This scared Sarye. She had only seen him this mad twice in their whole two year relationship, and each time it frightened her. Sarye jumped, tears forming in her eyes. She hated being yelled at, and she couldn't fathom why all of this anger was being directed toward her. It hurt.

"Sorry. I was just trying to help." She replies only for him to sigh and walk away. She wiped her face and went to take a seat on the couch. After that fiasco she definitely didn't want to be around him so she called Zella to see if she can keep her company in their apartment.