12:00

O M N I S C I E N T

Sarye let the drug invade her system as she felt the effects of her euphoric high.

She hadn't experienced this type of happiness in so long that it was almost unfamiliar. It was sort of indescribable, but it was amazing.

She was stressed and overwhelmed about the recent events occuring in her life. Her app had been picked up by the Google Play Store along with Samsung and the deadlines and regulations were becoming too much.

She also was trying to keep up with school because not getting her degree was not an option. She just wanted to make everyone proud and was in turn, hurting herself. Her hair was falling out and she was loosing weight due to stress along with sleep deprivation.

Being clean for six months she didn't wanna go down this road once again but it felt as if that was the only thing that could help her. At the moment this was providing temporary relief and it was incredible.

So incredible that she wanted more. And more. By the time she was done, she had finished five lines and was feeling better than ever..

Better than ever..

Zella walked into the dorm horrified at the scene before her. She immediately rushed over and checked the pulse of her unresponsive bestfriend.

Hysterical, she called the police and tripped over every word as she tried to explain the severity of the situation at hand. She didn't know what to do.

She wondered what happened, but she soon found her answers when she saw the culprit spread on their livingroom table.

Feeling helpless, she began to do CPR in order to strengthen the faint pulse that she felt when she touched her wrist. As soon as Sarye started to respond, the door she left unlocked was burst into and Sarye was quickly hoisted onto a stretcher with an oxygen mask placed over her face.

Zella locked up the dorm and hopped into the ambulance to ride to the hospital by her bestfriend's side.

During the ride to Jackson Memorial, Zella had managed to call virtually everyone in her phone to tell them terrible the news.

°°°°°°°°°

Amun didn't even think twice about booking the short flight from Tampa to Miami to see about Sarye.

This was game four of the playoffs and a must win to secure a two game lead against their rivals, the USF Bulls.

When he heard what happened his mind was only on one thing: getting to her.

"Where is she?" He asked out of breath, storming into the ICU where Zella told him they will be.

"She's in room 209 and don't go in there acting rowdy. They gave her enough medicine to keep her asleep for an hour or so to track her brain activity and see if she did any real damage. It's not a medically induced coma or anything, it's just temporary and she should be waking up in thirty minutes or so." Mahogany informed.

"Alright." He replied, taking the information in.

"So what was she in for?" He asked confused. He knew it must be serious if Zella had called as frantic as she was.

"An overdose." She said just above a whisper. He squinted knowing that he had heard wrong. Sarye was safe. She was clean.

"Come again?"

"I know you heard me."

His jaw clenched as he felt water weighing down his tearducts. He refused to let them go because he couldn't believe it.

He simply nodded before walking down the hall and searching for room 209.

When he finally found it, he braced himself before opening it and stepping in.

He inhaled sharply as he looked at her attached to the machines and the tubes she was connected to. It hurt to see her this way. More than he thought it would.

He slowly walked to the bed and grabbed her hand. He shivered at how cold it was.

He stroked her hand with the back of her hand to and fro with the pad of his thumb thinking what compelled her to do this and guilt consumed his mind because he wasn't there to save her.

°°°°°°°°°

The next morning Sarye woke up in the unfamiliar room confused.

Moving around she felt the prick of the IV in her arm and started to panic.

Why am I here?

What happened?

Where is everyone?

A loud snore startled her, so she looked to her left and saw Amun laid out on a chair in the corner of the hospital room.

"Amun." She said quietly trying to wake him without scaring him.

He didn't move a muscle.

"Amun." She said again, louder this time.

"What? What happened?" He jumped up worriedly.

"Calm down. I just wanted to know why I am here?"

"You overdosed." He commented emotionlessly.

Suddenly it all came back to her. The stress, the drugs, the blackout. At that moment, she just broke down.

"Nah you don't get to cry. Save those fucking tears bruh. What the hell were you thinking?" Amun exclaimed with no remorse. He was pissed. He turned around so he wouldn't see her tears; they weakened him.

"I was stressed okay! I thought I could do it on my own. I feel like I'm holding the world on my shoulders and I don't know what to do. I don't fucking know!"

"Why didn't you tell me. I could've helped you. You need help Sarye. Ask for it!"

"I didn't wanna be more of a burden than I already am."

"You'll never be a burden to me Sarye. I fucking love you."

"Y-you what?"

"I love you. You're my bestfriend and I don't like seeing you like this. I'm gonna be here to make sure you recover. Whatever it takes." Her heart fluttered at his caring words and made her cry even more.

"Aw Munny. I love you too. Can I have a hug?" She said smiling and wiping her eyes as she held her arms open inviting him in.

He turned around and reluctantly strolled into her arms wrapping his around her waist and kissing her forehead.

He was gonna be there for her every step of the way.

-Lexi💓

P.U.B:9/4/16