14:00

O M N I S C I E N T

"Hey baby." Sarye said to Amun over video call. He was in Las Vegas at UNLV for his away game and she missed him.

"Wassup babe. You good?"

"Yeah I'm good. I just miss you baby. I can't wait for you to get back."

Amun subtley blushed at the comment. Ever since they had been together Sarye had really been opening up to him and he loved that. He was a really affectionate boyfriend. Essentially a tall, beard-having, deep-voiced, teddy bear.

"Bae it's been two days." He chuckled.

"I know but I feel like cuddling and all I got is an empty bed beside me." She said pouting.

"Well we got three more days to go."

"Three? I thought you were coming home tomorrow."

"We were supposed to but coach set up a meeting with the CEO's of a bunch of different teams to discuss contracts. Then we have a banquet tomorrow and I was gonna fly you out but you have an exam tomorrow. Which is why you should be sleep. It's 2am over there."

"I wish I could come. I'm so bummed. But I am going to sleep once I finish my paper on Philip Emeagwali."

"That shit ain't due until next month Sarye. Take yo ass to sleep."

"Well I wanna do it now and I'm going to. "

"You always being so damn extra. I just don't want you to overwork yourself."

"Okay I'm gonna hang up on you because you're getting on my last damn nerve. You ain't my fucking daddy."

"I'm try'na help yo stupid ass. But hang up this phone without telling me you love me and see what happen."

He can't do anything to me. Or so she thought.

She abruptly hung up the phone and texted him just to be petty.

Love you.😌 -2:32 A.M.

Two days later...

"Bruh it has been two days and he hasn't called or texted me

"Bruh it has been two days and he hasn't called or texted me. When I told him I loved him, he just read it." I scoffed popping a fry into my mouth. I thought he couldn't do anything to me, but he knows ignoring me pisses me off the most so that's what he's doing.

"Well I wouldn't have responded to you either. The man was just try'na help you and you went off for no reason. This is a perfect example of when being petty goes wrong." She exclaimed cracking up.

"Shut uppp. Just because I'm being petty, that doesn't give him the right to be petty." I said crossing my arms.

"You sound retarted but that's honestly how I think when Jarani pissing me off. Like now."