3:0

Ahmad➡Assad➡Assim

O M N I S C I E N T

"Man get up." Amun felt someone slapping the side of his face repeatedly.

He immediately jumped up in a fighting stance ready for whatever. His face twisted up in aggravation when he realized that it was just his older brother Assad.

"Fuck wrong with you? Why the hell you touchin' me?"

"Mama made me come over here for you. She been blowing up your phone because you missed Sunday breakfast and she was worried about you." This was Mahogany's only day off between the shelters and being a doctor so she cooked a breakfast, lunch, and dinner to spend more quality time with her family.

"The hell? You could've shook me nigga you didn't have to slap me." He stated sending a mug Assad's way. It was too early for the bullshit.

"I did! You know yo' ass sleep like a brown bear in hibernation and I ain't feel like doing a bunch of bullshit to get you up. A old-fashioned slap to the face obviously sufficed." He said chuckling causing Amun's annoyance for him to increase.

"Boy don't you got a case or some shit to handle? Get the fuck out." Amun pushed pass Assad to enter his bathroom. Assad was the oldest of the four. He was a 26 year old lawyer.

"Nah Cass gon' be there and she said you better bring yo' ass. She ain't taking no for an answer."

Cassidy was his godmother. He was excited that she was going to be there because she was usually volunteering at one of his parent's shelters and with all the traveling she does, he didn't really see her often.

He ignored Assad and hopped in the shower knowing he was never gonna hear the end of him not answering his phone.

S A R Y E

She woke up surrounded by darkness. Looking down at the cot she was laying on, the events of last night flooded into her brain.

She just couldn't believe someone would do this for her. No one had ever been this nice to her besides her father and her aunt Cassidy. The feeling was somewhat foreign.

She remembered Mahogany saying that it was a fridge in here and her stomach was currently touching her back. She read what looked to be the shelter's schedule plastered on the office door. Today was Sunday so she looked to see what was to go on for the day. She saw that they served breakfast but she wanted to eat now to be able to leave earlier. Getting up, she began to search the fridge for something to eat. The fridge held a plethora of different kinds of food and beverages alike, but a bowl of fruit and a water is what stuck out.

She grabbed the items and sat down on the cot watching the T.V. that remained on from the night before.

She munched on the delicious fruit in delight. She hadn't eaten anything fresh in months. Fast food was her bestfriend, so to have some real food dancing on her taste buds was amazing.

After she finished she entered the office ready to gather her things and go. She didn't really know where but she felt she had to leave. It was fun while it lasted.

She saw her shoes and freshly washed clothes sitting on top an ottoman next to the desk.

She glanced at the desk and saw a sticky note that read:

Good morning sweetheart. Call me before you leave. 305-305-3755

-Mahogany.

She saw an office phone sitting upon the desk and she dialed the number, anxiously awaiting the voice of Mahogany to come through. Instead she heard a deep raspy voice of a male. She looked down at the phone to make sure she had dialed the right number; she had.

"Hello." The voice boomed through the phone. Suddenly she was intimidated and her anxiety was at an all time high.

"Um yes. Can I s-speak to a Mahogany?"

She cursed herself for the stuttering she did but she couldn't help it. That voice sorta did something to her.

The voice chuckled. She felt terribly embarrassed and was ready to hang up the phone.

"May I ask who's calling?"

"Can you just tell her it's the girl in her office?"

"Okay...she'll be right with you." She heard the phone being put down and picked up moments after.

"Hey, honey. Sorry yesterday I didn't catch your name and formerly introduce myself, but I'm Mahogany. And you are?"

She hesitated before replying. "I'm Sarye."

"Well that's a beautiful name Sarye. I take it as you're ready to leave?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Okay. Jackie is going to come and open up in about ten minutes so do you think you can wait it out a bit?"

"I think so, yes." She tried to sound nonchalant knowing she had no where else to go.

"Alright. I hope my office is intact when I return. If so, you're welcome back anytime honey."

"It will be. Thanks for everything Ms. Mahogany."

"No problem honey. Be safe out there." She said in a worried voice. It was somewhat comforting to Sarye. Someone seemed to care about her.

"I will. Thanks again. Goodbye."

"Goodbye sweetheart." They hung up the phone and she noticed they had been on the phone for five minutes, meaning it will be five minutes until Jackie arrived.

She looked down at her clothes neatly folded smiled. It quicky turned into a frown when she notice there was no baggy in the pocket of her jeans.

Where could it have gone? I just had it last night. I have to go!

She wanted to leave but she remembered that she did tell Mahogany that she would stay until Jackie came.

At that moment she heard the locks being fumbled with and she knew who it was.

She gathered her clothes and put them in a plastic bag that sat next to them. She slipped on her shoes just in time for the door to swing open and Jackie to reveal herself.

Jackie snarled at the sight.

"I hope you didn't steal anything." She sneered. She didn't know why Mahogany put time into helping these low-lives.

"Yeah whatever Jackass..I mean Jackie." She couldn't help but feel a sense of annoyance. Why have such a nasty spirit yet you're in a place that is filled with less fortunate people? A whole weirdo Sarye thought.

She quickly made her way out of the office and out of the large front doors.

She had bigger fish to fry.

-Lexi💓

PUB: 7/9/16