Chapter 11

"Okay. It looks like Maddy's in... Um... This is weird. She's in the White House." Stark said through the phone.

"What? Why would she be in the White House?" I asked, holding Loki to the floor.

"I would know why." Loki said as he gasped for breath.

"Hold on a sec." I said, lowering the phone. "Why?!"

"To help with the ceremony." Loki said, beginning to laugh maniacally.

"What ceremony?"

"You'll see..." Then he disappeared and reappeared behind me.

He laughed and ran downstairs. I ran after him.

"Thanks Stark. I need you to put on your suit and you and Thor need to help me grab Loki. I need Natasha and Clint to sneak into the White House and takeout the guards until I get there. Keep Banner on standby." I said into the phone.

"Got it, Capsicle. Don't worry. We'll get her back."

I hung up the phone and ran down the stairs.

"I sure hope so." I muttered.

Maddy's P.o.v.

I woke up, my head pounding. My vision was blurred and I had to blink a few times so that I could see clearly. I found that I was in a very large room. I tried to sit up but realized I was strapped to a table.

"Well... This sucks." I said to myself.

Then a realization hit me and I panicked more than I was already panicking.

Where's my dog?!

"Charlie?"

I heard him whimper and looked over to see him in a cat carrier.

"Charlie! It's okay. I'm right here. Mommy's here." I said, trying to comfort the cavapoo.

He started scratching at the bars to get to me.

"Look who's finally awake." A voice said.

I huffed and tried to kick my way out of the straps.

"Get away from me!" I yelled.

"You gotta let us do our job, miss."

I held my head up and saw the man who had fought Steve. What was his name again? Um... Ma-Marx!

"Never!" I yelled.

"We're just going to run a few tests." He said, glaring down at me.

"No!"

I started kicking and struggling around in the straps again.

"Struggling won't help you. Let us run these tests or else."

"Or else what?!" I spat.

"Or else," he began, holding up a shocker, "the dog gets it."

I looked over at Charlie, who whimpered and moved to the very back of the carrier. He looked back at me with a pleading look in his eyes. I felt tears in my own and I huffed in frustration and looked back at Marx.

"Fine. Just don't hurt Charlie."

"Very good. Son! Take the dog away."

Ricky came into the room and picked up the carrier. I glared at him in disgust as he gave me an apologetic look and left the room.

"Yeah," I muttered, laying my head back on the table, "this super sucks."

I watched with anxiety as H.Y.D.R.A. men prepared some serums which I had no idea what they were or what they would do to me. Then the president walked in.

"Mr. President?" I asked, quietly.

He looked at me and smirked. I watched as the president's figures began changing until the president completely faded and he turned out to be... LOKI?(dun dun DUUUN!!!!)

"Wait. If you're here, then who was..." I began but he cut me off.

"Also me." He stated. "Then when I ran from Steve, I decided to make a double of myself and come here as my real self disguised as the president."

"So, where's the real president?"

He smirked.

"He's taken care of." Loki answered.

My eyes widened.

"You killed him!?" I exclaimed.

Loki's face went from a smirking, arrogant jerk to a confused, idiotic look.

"What? No. Don't be so morbid, girl. He's not dead."

I sighed in relief.

"Yet."

I looked up and glared at him.

"Sir," Marx said, "we're ready."

"Good." Loki said, turning to him.

I felt anxiety rush through my chest. My head started pounding harder than before. I clenched my jaw.

Steve, if you're on your way, this would be a perfect time to save me right now.

Steve's P.o.v.

"Steve, Clint and I took out all the H.Y.D.R.A. members in front of the White House. Do you know what room Maddy's in?" Natasha asked through my earpiece.

"Go in and listen for sounds of shouting. She's a fighter, she'll try to fight her way out." I answered.

"I hope the White House has a map." Tony said as he flew overhead.

Tony, Thor and I were chasing Loki. I was on my motorcycle in my uniform.

"Um... We might need some backup." Clint said.

"What? Guys is this a code green?" I heard Banner ask.

"No. The president could be hidden somewhere. We can't break down the White House yet." Natasha answered.

"Call up Bucky." I said.

"What? Are you serious?" Tony asked.

"Call. Up. Bucky. Is that serious enough for you?" I said.

"It's your death wish, Cap. But I'll call him anyway." Tony answered.

Soon, Winter Soldier showed up. I told him to go into the White House and find Maddy.

"I'll have Clint and Natasha look for the president, got it?"

Bucky nodded and headed for the White House.

Maddy's P.o.v.

They injected me with a dozen serum needles. By then I couldn't move. I couldn't feel. I couldn't do anything. Next they did something so painful I couldn't even describe what they did. I don't know what they did... It was like they electrocuted me or something.

I tried to move but I couldn't do anything but scream. I saw a man with a metal arm come in and kill dozens of the H.Y.D.R.A. members. He walked up to me and I started crying.

"Don't h-hurt me!" I screamed.

He unstrapped me from the table and picked me up.

"I want my dog." I whispered, crying.

"There's no escape!" I heard Loki yell.

I held onto the man with the metal arm and tried to stop crying. He started running out of the room and I looked up to see the Hulk smash through the wall.

That was the last thing I saw after I passed out from all the pain I endured.