Chapter 30

Ricky and I got to go home later that day. We were so happy and refused to leave each other's side. We were on the couch, watching a movie, when JARVIS' voice spoke.

"Avengers. Nick Fury would like to see you in his office immediately."

I sighed and stood up. Ricky took my hand and we walked to the car and drove to S.H.I.E.L.D. with the rest of the Avengers. Once we arrived, we walked into Fury's office.

"Avengers, I've called you here to discuss the reason of Loki's return." Nick said.

We stood in a straight line and nodded.

"We've had Loki and a few H.Y.D.R.A. agents go through questioning. We found that they are here due to a new H.Y.D.R.A. experiment." He said.

He stood up and handed Steve a H.Y.D.R.A. file with the name, Lara, on it. I stepped closer to Steve as he opened the file. I looked up at him and saw his eyes widen and his jaw clench. He handed me the file and looked forward without speaking.

I gave him a confused look and opened the file.

Name: Lara Jean Watterson

Code Name: DarkShadow

Experiment #: 109

Date of H.Y.D.R.A. initiation: April 21, 1956

Age: 22

Birth date: June 8, 1919

Powers: Dark magic, mind control

She was frozen right after her experimentation and was able to awaken at the same time as Captain America a.k.a. Steve Rogers.

I looked up and noticed that all the other Avengers, except for Steve, were around me and reading over my shoulder. I looked at Steve, who was staring out the window of Fury's office in thought.

"I understand, Rogers, that you have some history with this woman?" Nick asked.

Steve nodded curtly. I looked at the photo of Lara. She was beautiful, with black eyes and blonde hair.

 She was beautiful, with black eyes and blonde hair

Above is a pic of Lara. I made sure to give her black eyes.

I handed the file to Ricky and walked over to Steve. I touched his arm lightly and he looked down at me. I leaned my head against him and he wrapped his arm around me.

"Who is she?" I asked, quietly.

I felt Steve stiffen for a moment and then relax slowly.

"Let's just say, she was an old friend." He answered.

I nodded slowly and watched as Nick stared at us.

"You two really care about each other, don't you? I'll be honest, I had my doubts..." He said.

Steve and I looked up and gave him confused looks.

"Do you know where Lara's last whereabouts were?" Natasha asked.

"She was last seen in Time Square last night at 10:57. Just after the fight. H.Y.D.R.A. is planning to initiate an attack on the tower in three days. I've already sent guards and S.H.I.E.L.D. agents to secure the perimeter. I've also allowed S.H.I.E.L.D. agents to guard inside the tower." Nick said.

My eyes widened.

"Did you say inside the tower?" I asked.

Fury nodded. I looked over at Ricky, who had the same expression as I did.

"What's wrong, guys?" Steve asked.

"Spencer and Ev are going to fight them." I said.

All the others eyes widened and just like that, we were out of the office and in the car.

++++++++++++++++++++

We ran into the tower and were greeted to S.H.I.E.L.D. agents on the ground. I helped one up and asked him what happened.

"These two kids attacked us when we came into the tower. We tried to explain that we were the good guys, but they wouldn't listen to us." He said.

That's when I noticed a trail of water and dirt leading up to the elevator.

"Are they upstairs?" I asked.

"I think so." The man said, cracking his back.

Ricky and I went into the elevator and found the trails leading to my room. We tried to open the door but it was barricaded from the inside.

"Guys? Come on its us." I said, lightly pounding on the door.

"Who's 'us'?" Spencer asked through the door.

I huffed and rolled my eyes slightly.

"It's Maddy and Ricky." Ricky said.

"Give us a minute to get the rocks away from the door." Ev said.

Slowly, the door finally opened, revealing rocks on one side of the room.

"Can you get rid of the rocks?" I asked.

"Sure." Spencer said, using his powers to make the large boulders disappear.

Charlie was in Evelyn's lap. When he saw me, his ears perked up and he ran towards me.

"Hi Charlie." I said, smiling.

I picked him up and hugged him.

"Alright guys, listen. Those agents that came in the tower are S.H.I.E.L.D. agents. They're the good guys. They wouldn't hurt you." Ricky said.

Spencer blushed a little and Ev shrugged.

"Oops." She said.

*****************************
I hope you guys liked this chapter! Finally, a new baddie! By the way, Lara/DarkShadow is created by MarielaCasta . If you love this fanfic, then you should read her fanfic called "Captain America's Sister: Lily Rogers. Again, thanks so much for reading this. Please comment, vote and follow me for more stories!

btw, this is what Maddy's lightening powers kind of look like