Chapter 29

I opened my eyes only to have tears spring from them. Anger and sadness were two equal emotions to me. I knelt on the ground next to Ricky. H.Y.D.R.A. men came at me, but my emotions caused a new power to trigger. A force field built around Ricky and I, causing the H.Y.D.R.A. men to fly backwards.

I sadly looked down at Ricky and moved some of his hair out of his face.

"Please wake up." I whispered. "Don't leave me... I c-can't lose you..." I laid my head on his chest and cried.

I stayed there, trying to pull myself together. The sadness washed away, leaving me with anger. I clenched my jaw and soared into the air.

I raised my hands and zapped all the H.Y.D.R.A. men I could see. Suddenly, the door busted open. I landed on the ground and looked to see who came through the door. I watched as an arrow whizzed past my head and landed in a man's chest.

"Thought you guys could use some help." Clint said, smirking.

I nodded and used my telekinesis to send H.Y.D.R.A. men flying in the air. Steve stood next to me and hit oncoming men with his shield. Thor and Loki were battling it out. Natasha was fighting one of the larger men, Clint went over to help her. Banner was waiting in the van in case we called for a code green. Tony was in the air, blasting the men I was holding in the air.

Once the men in the air were down, I turned and helped Steve take down the rest. I eventually fell to the ground out of exhaustion and frustration. Steve turned to me and knelt down.

"Come on, kid. You can do this." He said.

A man was coming up behind Steve. I held up my hand and electrified him. Steve turned and fought some more. I looked around and felt my vision getting blurry. I blinked many times and attempted to stand up.

Come on!

I slowly stood and sent H.Y.D.R.A. men flying into the air. I sent them back with a great force, causing them to knock out cold. I let them go and watched them fall to the ground.

I looked around and saw a small handful of H.Y.D.R.A. men retreating. I lifted them all into the air and electrocuted them all. I dropped them onto the ground. I looked around the room.

Every H.Y.D.R.A. agent was down. Thor was still battling Loki. I sent electricity at him and he fell.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in. I slowly staggered towards Ricky and collapsed on the ground beside him, blacking out.

++++++++++++++++++++++

I woke up and looked around at my surroundings. I was in a hospital bed. I rubbed my eyes and crawled out of bed. I looked at the bedside table and saw a piece of paper with the number 148 written on it in Steve's handwriting. The table was covered in flowers and cards.

I crept out of the room and went to room 148 to see if this was what Steve was writing about. I looked in the window and felt fresh tears stinging my eyes. I walked in quietly and walked over to Ricky's bed. I crawled into the bed and snuggled against him.

Tears rolled down my cheeks. I bit my lip and tried not to make any noises. Suddenly, I felt someone playing with my hair. I brushed away my tears and looked up only so they could be replaced with new ones. Happy ones.

"I probably should've told you that I heal quickly too." Ricky said, smiling.

He brushed away my tears and took my face in his hands, kissing me.

"I thought I lost you." I said, pulling away.

"Can't get rid of me that easy." He said, kissing me again.

I kissed him back and felt him smile into the kiss.

I pulled away and looked into his eyes. I started playing with his hair and he sighed happily, holding me closer.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you more." He said, smiling widely.

"I don't think that's possible." I said, smirking.

Ricky sat up slowly and pulled me closer to him. I laid my head on his shoulder and he wrapped his arms around me. He laid his head on top of mine and we just, stared into space.

How can this moment possibly get any better?

☺️

*************************
Hey guys! I'm sorry this chapter was so short. And also very emotional. I hope you guys liked this chapter! Please comment, vote and follow me for more stories!