Chapter 33

Steve's P.o.v.

I watched Lara slowly land on the ground. She glared at me and clenched her fists. Her fists glowed a dark purple and she ran towards me to attack. I held up my shield as dark magic flew towards me.

"Do you remember me?" I asked, lowering my shield.

"Of course I remember you." She said, throwing a punch that I quickly dodged. "If I didn't, do you think I would even be here?"

She threw more kicks and punches towards me and disappeared momentarily.

"Steve! Watch out!" Natasha yelled.

I felt my entire body go cold and I felt like I wasn't me anymore. Like I wasn't in control of myself.

"I guess you forgot about my abilities to control minds, didn't you?" Lara asked, mockingly.

I couldn't move. All I could do was watch.

"I will make you feel the pain that you made me feel." She said through clenched teeth. "Finish your sister, and if anyone gets in the way, kill them."

I tried to keep tears from spilling down my face as I walked toward the aircraft. The other Avengers tried to stop me and stop Lara. I swung at Natasha. I was stronger than her. But not strong enough to keep myself from fighting her. I felt myself fighting Clint. Then Thor, then Tony.

"Wake up, Cap!" Tony yelled as he fired his repulsers.

I dodged and jumped onto the Iron Man suit and steered it into the aircraft. I jumped off and Tony crashed into the side of the ship.

Maddy's P.o.v.

We were running towards the hole in the ship and were about to exit when Steve came through the hole. A smile spread on my face and a sigh of relief escaped me.

"Steve. What's going on down there?" I asked walking up to him.

He threw his shield at me and I ducked.

"What was that for? Is it bad down there?" I asked, angrily.

I looked into his eyes and felt my own eyes widen. His eyes had a dark purple tint to them.

"You guys get out of here." I said.

Evelyn shot ice past me and froze Steve. I saw the ice beginning to crack and Steve about to escape.

"Go. Now!" I yelled.

Ev and Spencer jumped out of the hole and flew down. Ricky grabbed my hand and made me look at him.

"I can't let you do this." He said.

"Ricky. This wasn't a suggestion. I have to do this." I said.

"But-" Ricky began, but I interrupted by shoving him out of the ship.

I heard ice explode and fly past my face. I looked up at Steve and saw tears pouring down his face. I felt the back of my eyes begin to sting.

I ran around him and dodged his punch. He turned and reached for my throat. I grabbed his hand and sent an electric shock through him, sending him to the ground.

"Sorry." I said.

I held him up in the air with my telekinesis and slammed him against a wall. I watched him fall to the ground.

"Please remember me." I said, gently taking his face in my hands.

I felt tears slide down my cheeks when I saw that his eyes were still purple.

"Where's the blue I once knew?" I whispered, shaking.

Tears slid down Steve's face as he threw a punch at me. I stopped his fist with my hand.

"Don't listen to her, Steve. You're stronger than her!" I yelled.

I flew up and kicked Steve in the head, knocking his helmet off. Steve groaned and rubbed his head. I jumped on his back and he began spinning around, trying to get me off. His spinning caused us both to fall out of the ship.

We were falling to the ground. I spread my wings and grabbed Steve's arm. I lowered both of us to the ground. Steve threw his shield at me and I caught it. I looked up at Steve with wide eyes.

"Oh no you didn't!" I yelled, jumping onto his back and slamming his shield onto his head.

He fell to the ground and was knocked out cold. Anger raged through me. I dropped Steve's shield and dragged him next to the tower.

"Tony? Nat? Clint? Anybody?" I asked through my earpiece.

"I'm here." Bucky said. "Stay away from Steve."

"I knocked him out. I've got him right here. Where's Lara?" I asked.

"We are not going to let you go after-"

"Where is she?" I asked, angrily.

"Stay with Steve. Since you knocked him out, her powers should have stopped working on him."

I groaned angrily and looked at Steve. I sat down next to him and leaned against him.

"I will avenge you, Steve." I whispered.

I picked him up and brought him inside the tower. I walked out of the tower and flew up in the air. I was going to put DarkShadow in jail, whether the Avengers wanted my help or not.

"You're going after her, aren't you?" Ricky asked as he flew up next to me.

"You know I have to. Also, sorry about shoving you out of the ship." I said.

"Well, at least I lived." He began. "I'll take you to her. If you let us help you."

I looked around and saw Spencer and Ev with us.

"Fine. Let's go get her."