Chapter 20

I woke up that afternoon in the Stark tower. The fight from the night before left me exhausted, so the second we returned to the Stark tower, I hopped into bed and completely passed out.

I got out of bed and found everyone in the kitchen.

"Hey guys." I said, rubbing my eyes awake.

"Hey kiddo." Steve said.

I grabbed Charlie's food and fed him. Steve came over and handed me a plate of chicken and rice.

"Thanks." I said, following Steve to the dining table.

I sat down in between Tony and Steve. On the other side of Tony was Pepper, across from me was Bruce and Ricky. Thor still hadn't returned from Asgard. I was starting to get a little worried about him. I hoped he was okay.

"So, Ricky, we've decided on what we're going to do with you." Pepper said.

I looked up as I chewed my food and looked up at Ricky. I saw a glimmer of hope in his eyes when he looked at Pepper.

"We've decided to adopt you!" Pepper announced.

I chocked on my food and looked up at Steve. He gave me that look that said, You better not say anything. I swallowed hard and drank some water.

"You're going to be our son!" Pepper said again, smiling.

"How'd you get my parents-er, my mom, to hand me over?" Ricky asked.

"We... Have our ways." Pepper answered, smiling.

"Yeah, if you've got a lot of money, anything goes your way." Tony said, earning an elbow in his rib from Pepper.

I rolled my eyes and laughed at Tony's remark. I got up and went to the sink to wash my dishes. I was about to go back to my room when Bruce stopped me.

"Could I see you in the lab for a second?" He asked.

I nodded and followed him to the elevator.

"Is something wrong?" I asked.

"No, no it's just that I wanted to show you a serum I made. I think it will be able to help you control when you have your wings out. The problem is, it might have some different side effects." He said.

I furrowed my eyebrows.

"What kind of side effects?" I asked.

He looked at me and smiled a little.

"It's nothing to be afraid of. So far the side effects have been good and harmless."

"You've tested the serum on somebody?" I asked.

"Actually, I tested it on Ricky."

My eyes widened and I looked at Banner.

"What?! H.Y.D.R.A. did the same thing to Ricky that they did to me?!" I exclaimed, infuriated.

I felt my wings emerge from my back. Banner looked at me and raised an eyebrow.

"You don't still have feelings for him, do you?" He asked.

I felt a blush creep into my face. I looked down and bit my lip.

"N-No?" I answered it more like a question.

We got out of the elevator and walked to the lab.

"The serum," Bruce began, once we entered the lab, "should allow you to have your wings out when you want or when you think you need them."

"So they won't be based on my emotions?" I asked.

"Correct." Bruce said, walking over to me with a needle in one hand and a bottle in the other.

I bit my lip as I looked at the needle. I'm still a little shaky on what happened with H.Y.D.R.A.

"Would you like to take the serum?" Bruce asked.

I nodded and held out my right arm. I put my left hand over my eyes and bit my lip.

"It's okay to be scared." Bruce said, taking my arm and leading me to the table.

I opened my eyes for a second and jumped on the table and closed my eyes  again. I felt the needle pierce my skin and I let out a small whimper. I felt my wings disappear as Banner took the needle out of my arm. I opened my eyes and watched him put a bandaid on my arm.

"Okay. You should be all set and you'll be able to keep your favorite shirts now." Bruce said, smiling.

I hopped off the table and hugged him.

"Thanks so much, Bruce." I said, smiling and pulling away.

"Try to think about having your wings out."

I jumped up and thought about needing my wings. I opened my eyes and saw that I was off the ground.

"Did it work?" I asked.

Bruce nodded. I landed on the ground and thought about not wanting my wings and they disappeared.

"I want to scan your body to see if you have any side effects. Is that alright?" Bruce asked.

I nodded and followed him to the scanner. After we scanned my body, we found that I still had super strength and the ability to heal quickly, but the serum gave me two extra powers. I was given telekinesis and the ability to shoot lightening from my hands. I had no idea how to do either, but I would be able to practice them in the training room later.

After I left the lab, I went to my bedroom. Outside my bedroom door, I found the one and only Ricky.

"I found out about your secret." I said.

"What?" He asked, confused.

"You've got them too."

"Got what?"

"You've got wings too." I said.

He bit his lip and rubbed the back of his neck.

"I was going to tell you-"

"It's fine, Ricky." I said, smiling. "So did you get any extra powers?"

"Just telepathy and fire powers. What about you?"

"Telekinesis and lightening. No idea how to use them." I answered.

"I could teach you." Ricky said.

"Tomorrow, training room, 8 o'clock. Don't be late." I said, walking into my room and shutting the door behind me.

*****************************
Plot twist! Ricky's got wings and super powers too!😱 WHAT?!?!😆
Please comment, vote and follow me for more stories!