Chapter 35

Fury and some S.H.I.E.L.D. agents took Lara away and locked her up. We found the other Avengers and they recovered quickly from their scars and bruises. Tony decided to throw a huge New Years party at the tower.

I was getting ready for the party when there was a knock on my door. I walked up to the door and opened it to be greeted by Steve.

"Hey." He said.

"Hi." I said, letting him in.

"You know what you did was dangerous, right kid?"

"Yeah, but I had to help somehow. And, New York is my home. I'm going to save it. Even if you don't like it." I said.

"Well, I just came to say that I'm proud of you."

I looked up at him in shock.

"Really?"

"Yeah, if it weren't for you, your group wouldn't have a plan and I'd probably still have no control over what I was doing." He said.

"I can't take all the credit. Without the Highflyers, I wouldn't have been able to stop her."

"The Highflyers?"

"That's what we call our group."

"Oh. It's cool."

"Thanks." I said.

"Well, you finish getting ready. Ricky will be here soon." Steve said, walking out of the room.

I smiled and finished my makeup. Five minutes later there was a knock on the door. I opened the door and smiled when Ricky wrapped his arms around me. I hugged him back and pulled away.

"You ready?" I asked.

"Yeah." Ricky said, grabbing my hand and leading me to the living room, with Charlie running behind us.

The place was packed, as usual. We saw everybody there, even Vision and Wanda could make it. I have a feeling that they have a thing for each other. We were listening to "Play it Again" by Becky G. when "A Thousand Years" came on.

Ricky grabbed my hand and spun me around. I laughed and wrapped my arms around his neck as he gently placed his hands on my waist.

Heart beats fast
Colors and promises
How to be brave
How can I love when I'm afraid to fall
But watching you stand alone
All of my doubt, suddenly goes away somehow

"One step closer." Ricky whispered in my ear as I leaned closer to him smiling.

"I have died everyday waiting for you. Darling don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years. I'll love you for a thousand more." I sang.

"TEN!" Tony yelled.

"NINE!" Everyone else yelled.

Ricky and I just kept swaying slightly.

"EIGHT!"

I looked around and saw Spencer with his arm around Cecilia and smiled.

"SEVEN!"

And all along, I believed I would find you.

"SIX!"

Time has brought your heart to me, I have loved you for a thousand years.

"FIVE!"

Ricky and I pulled away and looked at each other.

"FOUR!"

I smiled and stared into his big, green eyes.

"THREE!"

He smiled and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"TWO!"

One step closer...

"ONE!"

"Happy New Year." I whispered as the others around us screamed and clapped happily.

"Happy New Year." He whispered, leaning in closer.

One step closer.

He kissed me and I smiled into the kiss. We pulled apart and he smiled down at me. I nuzzled into his chest and he rested his head on top of mine.

Lara's P.o.v.

"I'm disappointed. You were supposed to destroy them!" Loki yelled through the other cell.

"Well I would have if those stupid kids didn't get in the way of everything!" I screamed back.

"Kids! I can't believe you were stopped by kids! Don't you know how embarrassing that is!?!?"

"These aren't normal kids! You and H.Y.D.R.A. helped give them these powers. So it's kind of your fault that we lost."

Loki stayed silent for a moment.

"Forget it. I have a new mission for you. Once we get out of here, destroy the Highflyers." Loki said.

"Yes, Master."

**************************
Thank you guys so much for reading this! I'll be writing another book soon! Please comment, vote and follow me for more stories! Bye guys! ❤️