Chapter 32

The photo above is Lara/DarkShadow. MarielaCasta I hope this photo is good!

Today was the day that Lara would attack. So far, all of us have stayed calm. Well, all of us except for Steve. He was a nervous wreck.

"It'll be okay, Steve. Calm down." I said as we walked out of the building at 1:00 in the morning.

"What if it's not? What if we fail? W-What if I lose you? I can't handle this kind of pressure." He said, running his hands through his hair.

"Yes you can. If you've handled it in New York and when you unfroze and when that robot thing-Ultron attacked. You can tackle this problem. I know it."

"I didn't really keep my cool when I unfroze."

"Yeah, well that's understandable." I said.

He sighed and kept walking.

"Maddy, we're all in the wrong place!" Ricky said through my earbud.

I stopped and Steve turned to look at me.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I just used my telepathy to get to DarkShadow. They're planning an aerial attack. Some H.Y.D.R.A. agents will attack from the ground as a distraction." Ricky said.

"What!? Okay, have Tony go on the roof with you. I'll meet you there in a minute."

"Maddy, I'm not letting you go up there." Steve said, walking over to me.

"You will if you come with me." I said.

I grabbed his hand and started flying to the roof of the tower.

"Dang, Sam's right. You are heavier than you look." I said.

"Well, I had a big breakfast." He said as I landed on the roof.

Ricky came up to me and Steve, biting his lip.

"It will be okay. I've got a plan." I said.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

It was 8:00 in the morning. According to Ricky, Lara and H.Y.D.R.A. will attack any minute. Spencer, Ev, Tony, Thor, Steve, Ricky and I were on the roof, while Wanda, Sam, Bucky, Nat, Bruce and Clint were on the ground with some S.H.I.E.L.D. agents.

"They're close." Ricky said.

I looked up at the sky.

"Everyone remember the plan?" I asked.

Everyone nodded as the air ship flew over our heads.

"Come on guys." Ricky said, taking my hand.

We flew upwards. I watched Ricky's calm green eyes turn into fire as my Fire Fly flew up and began setting things on fire. Ev, Spencer and I flew up. I touched the bottom of the ship and sent electricity through the entire ship.

The electric shock gave the ship a blackout that lasted a few seconds and shutting off the power, making the ship vulnerable to us. Ricky created a ring of fire on the side of the ship and I kicked it down, creating a hole in the ship that we all flew into.

"Tony. Did you get the chance to hack into the system?" I asked through my earpiece.

"Yeah, I will have it self destruct once you grab Lara. I'll guide you through the ship." Tony said.

Agents began rushing around the hallway. I quickly hid everyone and myself behind a wall as agents ran past without noticing us.

"Alright, you're gonna go to your left, around the corner those agents came from." Tony said.

We followed his instructions as we went right, left, right, here, there and around that corner. We stopped when we saw agents wearing parachutes and holding guns standing over a door.

"You guys got incoming." I whispered through my earpiece.

"We'll take care of them." Steve said.

I watched as the hatch opened and H.Y.D.R.A. agents began plummeting to the ground before pulling their parachutes and drifting down while shooting at the tower.

I bit my lip and listened as Tony gave me more directions while he fought agents with the others.

Steve's P.o.v.

I held up my shield as the agents began shooting at us. Worry filled my mind as I wondered what could be happening to my sister. I knew that she had a plan-and it was a good plan-but she doesn't know what she's up against.

Lara is extremely powerful. Even before she was experimented on, she always had this aura of power and control. She always tried to take control of everything.

Thor slammed his hammer on my shield, sending the approaching agents to the ground. Arrows whizzed past my head as Clint shot the agents on the ground.

"Uh, Tony? Lara isn't in this chamber." Maddy said through the earpiece.

I looked up and clenched my jaw.

"I think we just found her." I said.

We watched as the blonde haired, black eyed woman landed in front of us.

This was NOT the plan...

*******************************
Hi you guys! Sorry this chapter was a bit short. I hope you liked the image MarielaCasta ! It was fun making. Please comment, vote and follow me for more stories.❤️