Chapter 28

Two pepperoni pizzas and milkshakes later, Ricky and I drove to the movie theatre. Ricky was grinning widely when he was driving to the theatre. He looked like he was excited for something.

"What's making you smile so much?" I asked, smirking.

"Oh nothing. Just that I am on a date with the most beautiful girl in the world who just so happens to be sitting next to me." Ricky answered happily.

I blushed and looked down with a smile playing on my lips. We stopped at a stoplight and I looked out the window. An all too familiar man was crossing the street right in front of our car.

Is that...? No. It can't be. He died... Didn't he?

"Ricky?" I said, reaching over to get Ricky's attention.

"Hmm?" He asked, looking at me.

"Is that...?" I pointed at the man crossing the street.

Ricky sat up a little straighter as he watched Loki crossing the street in front of our car.

"Maddy, do not make eye contact." Ricky said.

I looked down, biting my lip. I couldn't help but shut my eyes tightly in fear of being tempted to look up. I reached over and picked up my purse and took out my suit.

"You brought that on our date?" Ricky asked, raising one eyebrow at me.

"Yeah. And you didn't?" I asked, nudging him.

"No, I did. It's just under my clothes."

I looked up just a little bit and saw that Loki had crossed the street and was going into an ally. The light finally turned green and Ricky turned the car onto Main Street.

"Here." I said, handing him an earpiece as he parked in front of a store.

He took the earpiece and put it in his ear.

"Calling all Avengers. Loki is in New York. I repeat, Loki is in New York." Ricky said into the earpiece.

I pulled out my phone and texted Steve quickly to let him know in case he didn't get the message. I jumped out of the car with my purse and Ricky followed.

"You change. I'll go ahead." Ricky said.

I nodded and headed inside the store bathroom to change. I heard Tony speak into the earpiece.

"Roger that. Send us your coordinates and we'll be right there." He said.

I ran out of the bathroom with my purse wearing my super suit. People in the store stared at me as I ran back into the street. I threw my purse in the car and quietly ran to where Ricky was.

"He went in there." Ricky said, pointing to a wall in the ally.

"A secret door?" I asked.

Ricky nodded.

"He put in a password, but I couldn't see what it was." He said.

After he said that, Thor and Tony landed next to us.

"I'll hack into it quickly." Stark said, walking up to the wall.

Thor followed him as Ricky and I watched.

Sorry this date didn't go as planned...

It's fine, Ricky. We can try to see the movie some other time.

But, Maddy, you don't understand. I... Was gonna ask you to be my girlfriend.

I looked up at Ricky with wide eyes.

You were?

Yes... What do you say? Do you want to be... My girlfriend?

"Yes." I whispered aloud.

Ricky grinned down at me and put his forehead against mine.

"I love you." He whispered.

"I love you more." I answered.

"I don't know how that's possible." He said, taking both my hands and looking at me with gleaming green eyes.

"Ahem. Sorry to ruin this little moment... But we opened the door!" Tony exclaimed.

The others soon arrived in a car. Apparently, Steve got them lost and they ended up in the wrong place. Tony, Thor, Bruce, Steve, Nat, Ricky and I(Clint was still on vacation and we didn't want to call him and ruin his family time) entered the secret room with caution.

We found Loki in a room full of H.Y.D.R.A. men. Ricky held onto my arm and kept me behind him. I peered over his shoulder and saw that there must've been over a thousand H.Y.D.R.A. men. I didn't know how we were going to fight them all. We were completely out numbered. Thor couldn't take the anger that was inside him anymore.

He ran towards Loki and swung his hammer at him, sending him into a wall. The H.Y.D.R.A. men turned towards us and held up their guns. They began to shoot rapidly at us. Steve held up his shield and sent the bullets back. I flew up in the air and swooped down on the men zapping them with lightening. Natasha began fighting and shooting other H.Y.D.R.A. men, sending them to the ground in pain.

I felt a bullet hit my arm and I fell to the ground. I yelled out in pain and zapped the man who shot me, sending him to the ground.

"Maddy!" Ricky yelled, running towards me.

He picked me up and set both my feet on the ground. I watched as the hole in my arm faded away.

"Are you okay?" Ricky asked.

"Yeah. I'm okay." I answered.

I looked around and saw that Ricky and I were surrounded by H.Y.D.R.A. men. They held up their guns, ready to shoot. Before I could fight them, Ricky wrapped his arms and wings around me, enclosing us in our own private world.

"Ricky, what are you doing?" I asked, trying to get out of his grip and fight.

"There are too many." He said.

I tried to get away but he held me tighter.

"If I don't live today, I want you to know... I'm sorry for all I did wrong." Ricky said.

I looked up into his eyes which turned into a lighter blue color, signifying his worry. I watched his eyes soften back into the color green.

"I love you so much." He said.

Before I could respond, he kissed me. The next thing I heard was a million bullets, blasting into the air.

*****************************
Oh. My. Gosh. I almost started crying!!! So many feels! Please vote and tell me what you thought of this chapter.