Chapter 26

Ricky and I walked into the living room after we interrogated Ev and Spencer.

"I'll go get us some ice cream and we can watch some Christmas movies. Does that sound good?" I asked.

"Yeah. That sounds good." He said.

I smiled and kissed him on the cheek. I headed into the kitchen and found some cookie dough ice cream and mint chocolate chip ice cream. I grabbed the spoons and bowls and walked back into the living room.

Ricky was choosing a Christmas movie while I set the ice cream on the coffee table.

"Find anything good?" I asked.

""Christmas Carol" or the "Grinch Who Stole Christmas"?" He asked.

"Um how about "Christmas Carol"?"

"Okay." He said, popping the disc into the DVD player.

I sat on the couch and Ricky walked over and sat next to me. He put his arm around me and I snuggled into his chest.

"Hey, Maddy?" Ricky asked.

"Hm?"

"Do you like that guy?"

"What guy?" I asked.

"You know. That Spencer guy."

"If you mean like him like him, then no. I don't know if I could trust him anyway." I answered.

"Are you sure?"

"One hundred percent sure."

I looked up at him. He was biting his bottom lip.

"Don't be jealous. He's nothing like you." I said, kissing him on the cheek.

He looked down at me and gave me a small smile. He wrapped both his arms around me and kissed me.

The movie started and we pulled away. I grabbed the tubs of ice cream and the spoons. Who needs bowls anyway? I gave Ricky the mint chocolate ice cream and I curled up against him with the cookie dough ice cream.

"Maddy?" Ricky asked.

"Hm?" I asked.

"I-I love you." He whispered.

I looked up at him and grinned. I cupped his face in my hands and kissed him. I pulled away and hugged him.

"I love you, too." I said.

He hugged me back and buried his face in my neck. I felt his warm breath tickle my skin. We stayed like this for a couple of minutes until a loud part in the movie made us jump away from each other. I giggled and snuggled against Ricky.

++++++++++++++++++++++

In the middle of the movie, I began dozing off. I felt Ricky's head slowly fall on mine and his right arm wrap around me. I heard him sigh, sleepily. I smiled as I drifted off to sleep.

Steve's P.o.v.

I left the interrogation room and went to the living room. I figured that Maddy might be in there and I had to tell her it was time for her to go to bed. I walked in and found that the lights were turned off. The TV screen had the ending credits of a movie on it and I walked over to the couch.

I found Maddy cuddled in Ricky's arms. They were both sleeping with empty ice cream tubs next to them. You'd think that would keep at least Maddy awake. The two looked inseparable and I didn't have the heart to move either of them. I walked to Maddy's room and grabbed a blanket. I turned off the TV and lay the blanket on top of the couple.