Chapter 15

"Stark, Banner. Did you get the text?" Steve asked as we walked into the lab.

"Apparently, it wasn't just us, Cap. All of the United States got it. They might be trying to send it to the entire world." Stark answered.

Soon, all of our phones buzzed and got the text;

Unknown: Be ready by 9:30 Avengers. If you give us what we want, we'll give you what you want. If not, we will kill the president.

They sent a photo of the president tied to a chair with a gag over his mouth. Thor came stomping in.

"Loki's going to try to open the portal to let in the Frost Giants. We have to come up with a plan fast." He stated, clenching his jaw.

"Do you know what he means by a ceremony?" I asked.

"Back in Asgard we have a ceremony for the next king, asking him if he promises to protect the world with goodness and responsibility. He probably changed the vows to make it appropriate to make him your king." He answered.

"Um, quick question," Stark began, "didn't Loki try to kill the entire race of Frost Giants? If he did, wouldn't they want to kill him or what? Because if I were a Frost Giant, then that little piece of sh** would be dead before he even showed up to earth."

"Language." Steve said, causing us all to look at him.

"Really? You're going to do this now?" Stark asked.

"Sorry. Just slipped out." He answered, causing me to laugh.

"We're not going to forget that for quite a while, Steve." I said.

"Yeah, yeah." Steve said.

"Yes, Loki did make it look like he was going to wipe out the Frost Giants, but he had other plans."

"That man is so strange." Banner said, thoughtfully.

"We have to train Maddy." Steve announced, making everyone look at me in shock.

"Are you crazy?! We are not letting her out there." Stark protested.

"The suits almost ready for testing, but not quite for combat." Bruce pointed out.

"Look, we have until 9:30 p.m. and right now it's 8:07 a.m. We can do this. Banner and Stark will work on the suit and I'll train Maddy. Thor, you try to get more information from Loki." Steve ordered, causing everyone to begin working quickly.

"When do we test the suit?" Tony asked.

"As soon as I finish training." I answered, following Steve and Thor out of the lab.

Steve and I got down to the gym and began training.

"I guess you don't have to run that much since you have wings now..." Steve started, as I hopped up in the air and told myself to flap my wings.

I stayed in the air and was now face to face with Steve.

"Well. This is fun." I said, laughing.

"Here." Steve grabbed both of my hands and started leading me around the gym as I flapped my wings.

After about 5 minutes he let go of one hand. Then the other and I started flying by myself. I tested my wings and tried to go a little bit faster and a little bit higher. I started doing flips and random tricks in the air.

"Come on, let's do some other exercises." Steve said, holding out his hand.

I grabbed his hand and carefully landed on my feet. We started towards the punching bags. Apparently, the serum also gave me super strength. Which was so cool! After about 5 punches, my sandbag flew off its hook and landed on the ground, exploding. Steve looked at me, impressed.

"Um... Oops?" I said, more like a question than a statement.

Steve chuckled and hung a new punching bag on the hook. After breaking about 5 punching bags, Steve decided that we would work on some of the fight moves that Natasha taught me.

"But I don't want to hurt you." I protested, trying to get out of his suggestion.

"Don't worry, we're just going to practice slowly so you don't have to hurt me and I don't have to hurt you, kay?"

"Okay."

Now that my strength was increased, I had to be careful about practicing the moves Nat taught me. To be honest, I modified a few of them to fit my fight style.

I swung my leg under Steve and he hopped over it so he wouldn't trip. Then I hopped up and lightly punched him in the gut and he pretended to hunch over. I laughed and poked his forehead.

"What was that?" He asked.

"Well, if you were actually someone bad, I would punch you really hard in the gut and then punch you in the face." I explained, laughing slightly.

"You are such a dork." He said, chuckling.

"It's my specialty."

After a few more training exercises, Steve and I left the gym at 12:27 to test the suit.

We walked into the lab and they handed me the test suit and I walked into the bathroom to change into it. As I was changing into the suit I heard arguing behind the door and I listened quietly.

"Steve, she's not ready for this kind of thing! She's just a kid." Tony exclaimed, trying to get me to stay out of the fight.

"She is ready. Trust me. The serum increased her strength and she is prepared. She knows her fighting style. She remind me of myself when I was younger." Steve said, defending me.

I zipped up the suit in the front and kept listening as Bruce got his chance to talk.

"I think she's ready. The serum doesn't seem to have any negative effects so far. If her strength is increased, like you said Steve, then she's probably ready for anything. Including Frost Giants."

I walked out of the bathroom and all the men turned to look at me.

"So. We gonna test this thing or what?" I asked.

They all chuckled and we began testing the suit. They got me mad and my wings stretched out and the suit didn't rip.

"Is it comfortable?" Bruce asked and I nodded.

Thor walked in.

"Loki replaced Heimdall with a Frost Giant who is waiting for Loki's word to open the portal." He announced.

"So what do we do?" Banner asked.

"We give them what they want." Steve and I said simultaneously.