t w o

GRAY VALLEY SENIOR SCHOOL WASN'T EXACTLY LARGE. Nor was it what I expected- like one of those small-town schools with no more than fifty students.

On the contrary to everything else I had seen since I arrived, it was strangely ordinary.

Everything, from the weird statues of wolves, freezing cold air, threatening siblings, to even the unbelievably attractive boy, Liam, wasn't normal, except for the school.

"Hello?" a voice prompted. I let my thoughts disperse and focused on the woman sitting behind the desk. "Are you okay, Miss Grayson?"

"Yeah," I sighed. "I'm just out of it." She gave me a queer look and passed me my timetable. "And please don't call me that," I added, skimming through the page. I groaned out loud at the sight of the first lesson. "You've got to be kidding me."

"What's wrong?"

I continued to stare at the page with disbelief. I must have spoken too soon when I called Gray Valley Senior a normal school.

"Lycanthropy?" I choked out. Yeah, definitely too soon. "Oh my Luna... Really?"

First the random statues of wolves and then a school teaching lycanthropy? This town was going to be the death of me.

"Local history," the woman gave me a knowing smile.

"And that is... Werewolves?" I asked incredulously.

"You'll find that Gray Valley's history is rich in... Werewolf Mythology."

"So that explains the random wolf statues in town," I muttered under my breath. She looked as though she wanted to reply, but was cut off by the chiming school bell.

"You should go to class, Weslyn," she said hastily.

I nodded and walked down the corridor, searching for my classroom. Watching the gray walls, I paid barely any attention to where I was going. A deep carving on the wall made me stop in my tracks. Was that... Claw marks?

"Hey, there!" a familiar voice called. I spun around to see the guy from the bus, Liam, smiling at me.

"By Luna, you freaked me out!"

His eyebrows furrowed.

"Why do you say that?" he asked.

"Say what?"

"Something; something, Luna?"

"I don't know, actually. My mother used to say it when I was little. Must be something I got off of her. Why what's up?"

"Er... nothing. I was just wondering." he dismissed.

"Are you lost?"

"Yeah, kind of," I admitted after a minute. "Do you mind showing where me room 13 is?"

"Lycanthropy?" he chuckled. "No worries, come with me."

"Are you in my grade?" Curiosity got to the best of me, as we walked down the corridor.

"I'm in eleventh grade, if that's what you mean," he answered. "It's not like I know everything about you."

"Yeah, about that," I said. "How did you know my last name?"

"Oh, that."

"Yes, that! Are you a stalker?" I demanded. "Wait, why in Luna's name am I following you?" I froze. "You could be an lunatic axe murderer, for all I know."

He stared at me for a moment, his silver eyes sparkling and then, bursted out laughing.

"You think I'm an axe murderer?" I pouted slightly and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Stop laughing, Liam," I huffed. "I have no way to tell if you are a murderer or not." He gave me a lopsided smile.

"New students list," he responded. "You're name was on it. Besides, your last name is famous in this town." I frowned.

"It is?"

"Don't frown, Lyn," he poked my cheek. "You're too adorable." I stared at him, astonished of how his mere touch sent my heart racing. And the familiarity in the way he spoke my name was unbelievable. "What's wrong?"

"You called me, Lyn... The way you said it... its so - I feel like I know you," I managed.

"Would you believe me if I said that the feeling was mutual?" I gave him a skeptical look. "Exactly."

"So why is my last name, Grayson, so famous?" I demanded.

"You'll find out soon enough," he replied.

"You see, our Lycanthropy teacher..." He opened the door in front of us. "His name is Mr Grayson."

I was met with about twenty other students staring at me, completely baffled.

"Mr Moonstone, you are late."