e i g h t

WARNING: This chapter contains some obscene language

I WOKE UP TO A THROBBING PAIN. The walls of the room around me was the dullest gray and smelt strongly of wet moss. In front of me, I could just make out a familiar guy in the darkness.

"Liam," the name fell from my lips before I even realised it.

"No, I'm not Liam," he responded. My vision was hazy and it took a minute to become accustomed to the darkness.

When I adjusted to my surroundings, I found that the guy, like he said, was not Liam. The guy had the exact same eye colour as Liam, but that was where the similarities ended. The guys skin was a deep coffee brown and his black hair was cut close to his head. He also appeared to be built heavier than Liam and also slightly shorter. I knew who this was, yet my mind struggled to find his name.

"Yes, you're not," I muttered indignantly. "Do you know where he is?"

"William's not allowed here," the guy answered. "Alpha's order."

"Where am I?"

"I can't tell you that," he replied. "Al-"

"Alpha's order, for the love of Luna, I know." I could feel anger burn in my chest, threatening to make my rage explode. Sensing my irritation, the guy spoke up.

"I'm sorry, I would tell you if I could."

"Can you at least tell me how long I've been unconscious?"

"Four days?"

"What?" Four days? By Luna...

"Martyn," a familiar growl filled the room, snapping my attention away from the guy. That was it. That was his name: Martyn. "You moron." West Grayson emerged from the shadows. "Why didn't you tell me that she'd woken up?"

I could feel the fear in Martyn, as he shakily stood up and avoided West's demanding gaze.

"You never told me to do so, Alpha."

"Of course," he hissed. "Just get out, Grant." Martyn did not argue. Nodding solemnly, he left the room, only to be followed by a knock, seconds later.

"It's Bryan," a voice called.

"Come in," he snarled. The brunette boy I had met on the bus on my first day of school appeared before me and looked at me as if I was some type of specimen. "Tie her up, Bryan." He untangled a knotted rope and fastened my arms and legs together.

"Do you want me to gag her, Alpha?"

"No," his lips curved upwards into a smirk. "I want to talk to her." He slowly made his way in my direction.

"Listen," I gritted out, my voice unusually strong. Pressure was building at my temples and I knew the agony was going to overcome me any minute. "I don't know what you're playing at, but I know nothing about this whole Werewolf business."

"Of course, you don't, baby." He was right before me, his hand hovering over my cheek.

"I'm not you're baby," I managed. "Nor will I ever be."

"Well you are my baby sister. You are surprisingly timid for a Gray Wolf," he pondered. Timid? Words could not describe how much I wanted to rip his throat out. "Most Werewolves don't have that sort of patience, isn't that right Bryan?"

"You're forever correct, Alpha." West looked thoughtful, as his fingers inched towards my face and I flinched back, pain stabbing the sides of my head.

"DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH ME!" I roared, pain blinding my senses.

He snatched his hand back, looking as though I had burnt him.

"Ah, now there's my little sister." I clenched my hands into fists, determined not to respond to him. "My little sister, part of the Luna Pack."

"Alpha, did you see that?" Bryan's panicked voice rang out clearly.

"See, what?"

"Her eyes..." he trailed off.

"What do you mean, her eyes?" West demanded.

"When she got angry, just then, Alpha," he explained. "Her eyes turned... it was red."

"Liar," he hissed. "You bloody moron. That's one of the Alpha Marks. She is a girl."

A growl escaped him and he advanced towards Bryan, his eyes black.

"No, please Alpha," he whimpered. "When I swore allegiance to you... I won't lie to you... I won't betray you. I swear to Luna, her eyes turned red."

"Then you must've seen wrong," he screamed. "Don't you dare ever tell anyone that she bears an Alpha Mark, okay Bryan Mitchell? Otherwise those would be your last words."

"N-never, Alpha," he assures him. "Your s-secret... It's safe with me."

"Of course, Bryan. You are the one I can trust the most," West answered. "Can you do me a favour and get Liam for me?" My heart leapt at his name and I felt something buzz through my veins.

"Liam?!" Bryan exclaimed, his face full of horror.

"Is there an issue?" he lifted an eyebrow in question.

"Alpha, it was you who told me to keep him away from her."

That was all it took. The anger had began to surface again and violent thoughts flooded my mind.

"And now it is me telling you to bring him back," he smiled but there was no life or joy behind it. There was something far more dark and twisted meant by his expression. "This is going to be very entertaining."

Bryan bowed his head in submission and left the room, soundless. West's gaze shifted back to me and he tilted his head, studying me carefully.

"Is there something you wish to say, Wes?"

"What do you want with me?" I didn't even try to correct him. I felt elated, as if all my energy had left me.

"What do you think?" I remained silent, unsure of how to answer.

"You are my little sister," he went on after several moments. "I just want my family."

"A psychopath like you will never get a real family... No one could ever love you."

"Oh, I don't want love," he was close to me; too close. "I just want you."