s e v e n t y - e i g h t

IT HAD BEEN A MONTH FROM WHEN THE WAR HAD ENDED.

There was no Liam. And there was nothing. The more I considered it the more I realised that there was nothing to help me day after day after day. There was nothing because there was no Liam.

"Weslyn?"

It was West.

He was the Alpha of the Luna Park.

I needed time to heal. And I asked him to be the Alpha in the time I needed.

"Weslyn?"

His history, with the Pack, was bad, but he was a good Alpha.

And I realised that when I asked him. West - the real West and not the man I had met when I returned to Gray Valley - was similar to my father; a good Alpha.

He was a good Alpha.

"Weslyn?"

I looked over at West. "Yes?"

"Oh, thank the Angel."

"What?"

"I had to call you again and again and again to get your attention."

"I'm sorry."

And then, I trembled, as panic rose in me and I could sense the palpitations of my heart, as I realised, I could not see him in the room, with me.

"Blayze!" I screamed. "Where is Blayze? Blayze!"

"He's alright." My brother reached out to touch my arm and reassure me. "Weslyn, he went to the kitchen. He's alright."

I couldn't breathe.

"He would t-tell me if he w-went t-to the k-kitchen."

The door to the room opened.

And there he was.

"Blayze." I got up from my seat and stumbled towards him. "Blayze... You're alright, Blayze."

I stumbled into his arms.

"I'm alright," he murmured.

He smiled at me.

"Breathe." I stared into his eyes and did as he told me. "Breathe in. Breathe out. Breath in. And... Breathe out. Breathe."

And with that I was brought to my senses.

"I'm sorry, Blayze."

I needed Blayze after the War.

With no Liam, I needed Blayze and could not handle it when we were separated.

It was my fear. The fear that Blayze would die.

And I could not handle that fear.

"I... I thought you were..."

"No."

The panic rose in me when we were separated and I could only be brought to my senses by Blayze.

"Hello, Anna."

It was West.

His eyes were on the opened door.

I turned towards the door to see Anna there.

"Do you three have a moment?"

I nodded and glanced at Blayze, before I returned to my seat at the desk.

She walked into the room and placed paperwork onto the desk.

"It would be good, if you or West can look through the paperwork, on the Brown Wolves, when you can."