CHAPTER THREE: OUR MISSION

[Akane's POV]
"The principal of Maru Assassin Academy is my older brother", headmaster confesses. "You're brother?!", Tomo repeats. "Yes. Our parents were professional assassins, but they were killed on the job. Their wish was for us to open up our own assassin school", headmaster continued. "But my brother and I got into some conflict. In the safe is a book that holds our parents' notes. They have written every technique used as an assassin. Even special ones that can only be mastered after years of intense training".

[Shin's POV]
"...we couldn't agree on our technique to train the students. I wanted to engage in combat in a calm and subtle way. My younger brother wanted to engage quickly, and swiftly. With that, we opened separate academies, as rivals. Since we did that, we couldn't share the book of techniques. Our parents decided to give it to me because I was the oldest. But since they passed, my brother stole it from me. Now it is how it is now", principal finishes explaining. "So what we have been retrieving.. Is from a feud between your younger brother", Jin says. "Yes. My brother plans to study the book, so he can take revenge on me for taking away his dream of being the successor as a assassin in the family", principal says. "But it does explain the tactics they used.. That girl. She immediately engaged in a battle with me.. Yet she didn't even sweat a drop", Lily mutters. "..That girl.. Perhaps long, black hair?", principal asks. "Yes", I speak. He looks down for a moment. "What is it?", Jin asks. "..nothing... She was just the first person to enroll in K's..", principal says.

[Akane's POV]
"Now.. Get rest. Come back tomorrow, I have an assignment for you three depending on how things go tomorrow", headmaster says and we bow.

[Shin's POV]
"Now go back to get sleep. I need you to get it back in a couple of hours, when they least expect it", principal says.
I slept for about 3 hours until we had to retrieve the safe. It was easy, because no one was awake. We took the safe back, and returned back to the academy.

[Akane's POV]
Back in headmaster's reputed office, we stood in front of his desk. "As expected.. My brother took the safe back when we were all done", he sighs. "Now.. About the mission. I want to end this feud. I want you three to enroll as Maru's new assassins", headmaster says. "WHAT?! Are you serious?!", Tomo exclaims. "You want US to transfer over?!", Mira loses it. "Temporarily. Akane, I expect you to control them. I want you to transfer over and talk with my brother. He knows who you are. And he will not come to an agreement with me. Your mission is to stay there and help me compensate", headmaster says. "Understood", I nod. "Ughhhhhhh", Tomo and Mira groan. "Obviously everyone in school would know who you are because of the tattoo you were given, when you first joined, but just leave that alone", he says. We all look at the tattoo that we had to get when we first came here. It was a tattoo of a silhouette of a crow, our 'mascot' you can call it. My silhouette was black on my ankle, while Mira had her white one on her thigh and Tomo had red on his upper arm. "Doesn't that mean we have to get another one? Like a wolf, Maru's 'mascot'?", Mira asks. "Nope. Anyways, you leave now. I'll tell the rest of the academy of my plan if they wonder about you. See you all soon", headmaster gestures us out. "What the--!? Ughhh!", Mira groans and begins to walk. "Where are you going?", I ask. "To pack! It means we will be dorming at Maru's!", Mira shouts. "Well.. Guess we better get going", Tomo shrugs.
I packed whatever I would be needing. Since we will be going to a rival academy, I was sure that once every assassin sees our marks, they would attack us, so I packed daggers, ninja stars, blades, knives, etc. I packed my assassin clothes, which were tank tops, shorts, gloves, bandanas, and combat boots, along with my everyday clothes, jeans, t-shirts, hoodies, etc. I wore my assassin clothes as I got ready to leave. I let my assassin bandana hang on my neck, as I wore my clothes, clipping on my chain. I sheathed some daggers on my chain, and hid one on my back, which stuck behind the back of my shorts. I left my dorm, with my duffle bag.
"Finally. C'mon", Mira says as soon as I meet them in the front gates. "What's the hurry? Maru is only one street away", Tomo says. "I want to get this over with. I'm pretty sure every assassin in the academy will be attacking us once they see us", Mira says. "Headmaster says he told his brother that he is sending us over for a compensation. And he said his brother has explained everything to the whole academy", I remind her. "Yea, yea. Let's go", Mira begins to walk.