CHAPTER SIX: OFF

>~< Was suppose to update yesterday but I forgot ^~^" heh.. Well, here's the next chapter :) And thanks for 100+ reads already ~

[Shin's POV]
"I didn't", I lie. "Yes, you did. What am I, an idiot?", she mockingly tilts her head.
'I don't know why, but I like arguing with her for my enjoyment'
"What makes you think that I hesitated?", I ask. "You could've clearly won", she says matter-of-factly. "Mhmm.. I was just going easy on you", I shrug. "Easy on me? Because I'm a girl? That just shows that you're a weakling", she scoffs.

[3rd POV]
The class stared, shocked from how much Shin is talking. "I've never seen Shin talk this much..", one said to another. "I've never seen him talk at all..!".

[Lily's and Tomo's POV]
"..Did your friend always talk this much?", Tomo asks. "..uh.. No..", Lily replies, still staring at the two. "Is it me or do I see lightning flashing between them..", Tomo stares. "You're not the only one that sees it..".

[Mira's and Jin's POV]
"What.. Is.. Happening..", Jin stares dumbfounded. "..I don't know..", Mira observes. "Hmmm...", Mira begins to smirk. "What?", Jin asks. "..oh.. Wait.. OHHHH~ I see..", Jin catches on.

[Akane's POV]
"Ughhh. Whatever, I just know you hesitated. If we ever spar again, you better not go easy on me. Even though I'll beat you whichever way", I give up. "Wha-- you think you can beat me? I'm the top of the school", he scoffs. "Well, since K assassins are here now, you will bump down to 4th, right under Tomo", I mockingly say. "I clearly could've won fair and square if we were fighting to the death. But your stupid instructor...".

[Shin's POV]
'Hmph.. For some reason, I'm really fond of her.. I wonder why..'
It may have been subconscious, but I might've smiled for a split second. I felt the stares of a few classmates, and I look at them. "What?", I ask. "Uh.. N-nothing.. You just looked happy for a moment", one of the guys said.
'Huh? ..odd..'
"Okay, now that self/partner studies are over, we will be moving on. Let's have our old fashion math race", the teacher smiles. "What's that?", Akane mumbles to me. "She gives a problem, and two students must solve it. First one to solve it, wins", I explain. "Hmph..", is all she says.

[Akane's POV]
"Why don't we have one of our new students first?", the teacher smiles. "Akane would love to volunteer", Mira calls out. I shoot a murderous glare at her. She gives me a smug smile and shrug, telling me 'it was either me or you'. "Ah, wonderful. Akane and Jin, please stand up". "Akane against Jin? But Jin is basically a math genius", a student says. I raise an eyebrow at him. "Pfft, what? Surprised?", Jin gives a conceited smile. I only roll my eyes.
"Simple. First one to answer the question I give, wins a point. Ready..?". The teacher says a very long equation, making us solve for x.
I sigh and began writing my answer. "Done", I call and put the chalk down. The class is silent. "Wha--?! You didn't even write anything else down!", Jin yells. I glance over to his side and saw a few equations, where he was working out the problem. "Cause I did the problem in my head", I roll my eyes and went back to my seat. "Um.. Okay then..", the teacher was at lost of words.

[Shin's POV]
For some apparent reason, I was mentally rooting for Akane.
'Wait.. What? What's with me lately.. I've been so off..'
*
The academic classes continue. Math, English, Language, Science, and History quickly went by. The assassins from K were surprisingly acing each subject. Before our last combat session, to end the day, was P.E. "Okay. Today will be an easy day, Dodge Ball", the teacher says.

[Akane's POV]
We just finished changing from the locker rooms. We wore a grey jersey, unlike at K's, we wore a black jersey. Now we were told to play Dodge Ball with two teams. "Let's have Shin.. And.. Someone from K's be a captain". Tomo, Mira, and I look at each other. "Aka--", I cut Mira off. "Mira would love to be captain", I give a fake smile. "Okay. Mira, pick your team". Mira growls at me. "Fine. Tomo", she calls out. "Jin", Shin called out after. "Akane..", Mira says after a long sigh. It goes back and forth, until each team was filled. We take our sides, and wait for the teacher to blow the whistle. With the whistle, we all run towards the middle to grab a ball. Landing myself a ball, I dodge a couple before I throw one at someone's face.
*
About 15 minutes went by from the intense game. With our assassin speed, we move like lightning.. well for Tomo, Mira, and I. Maru assassins are quite lacking. There were only 5 left on Shin's side, and Tomo, Mira, and I on ours. Lily grips her ball, and hurtles it immediately towards me. I flip out of the way, throwing one back. It hits Lily on the shoulder, and someone calls 'OUT!'. Following after, Mira and Tomo hurtle one at each of two players. Caught off guard, they get hit out. All left was Mira, Tomo, and I vs. Shin and Jin.