CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR: IT'S OUT

[Akane's POV]
"I'm sorry Tomo", I quietly muttered to him as he stared into thin air. "..I'm fine. An assassin needs no heart anyways. I'm going to take a breather", he coldly said, leaving my room. "Akane.. you sure?", Mira asked. "I triple checked.. Tomo's family passed away in a car accident".
Three weeks have passed and I managed to get a hold of Tomo's family.. but I didn't get a hold of them by address.. but by grave stone.
Apparently his family was on their way to a family dinner celebration when a drunk driver hit, all was lost.
A lot has happened over a month and a half--nearly two months.. Somehow, we're closer.. I find it odd, but headmaster said it was no surprise, but he did tell me to not get attached.. for it's dangerous for us to do so.
As Mira and I left my dorm room, making our way to the dining hall for breakfast, we happen to run into Shin, Lily, and Jin. "Where's Tomo?", Jin asked. "Taking a breather somewhere", Mira answered.

[???'s POV]
From my dorm room's window, I watched Akane walk towards the dining hall.
"..remember remember..", I muttered to myself repeatedly. "Akane.. akane.. she's.. someone.. important to me..??".

[Shin's POV]
After getting our food, we follow to a table to sit at when Akane slips from the wet floor. On reflex, with my tray in one hand, I catch her by the waist with my free hand.
"Oh, thanks", she calmly and monotonely replied before continuing to walk.
After what I told Jin and Lily, they called it being "friend zoned". I'm not sure how it works, but we're no different from how we were before.
But I did notice one thing.. three weeks ago when Akane went off for a break mid project, she's began to show a more eased expression. She's usually always on guard, but she's somehow more relaxed even though others don't see it.

[Akane's POV]
The day went by the same way, with the same classes and boring life. Although we've gotten accustomed to this academy.. K's still my home.
Afternoon break came by and I made my way back to my dorm. Opening up my laptop, I crack my knuckles with a sigh.
Finally finding out about Tomo's situation, it was my turn to figure out what the two headmasters were hiding.. I remember the guilt in Maru's principal's eyes..
With the firewall down, all passwords disabled.. I'm able to get into all files.
Scanning the computer screen with my eyes, a particular file catches me eye..
*CONFIDENTIAL TWINS FILE*.
Narrowing my eyes slightly, I double click the file.. my eyes widen..

[Mira's POV]
"Tch.. where did that wrench go", I rolled my eyes as we all walked. "Way to show respect to your team leader", Lily rolled her eyes and glared.
"Hmph.. I don't show respect to her, that's how we cooperate", I retorted. Just as we were talking about her, a figure lands before us. "Akane? Seriously, you gotta stop jumping from your window", Jin said.
Akane didn't bother looking up, but something was off.. I knew it..
She was panting heavily as she slowly stood up. Glancing over to us, our eyes widened when we saw how her eyes were crimson red. "Akuma...!", I shout, but it was too late. With Akane's speed, she jumped over the gate of the academy and ran.
"Where is she going?!?", Lily shouted.
'What the.. Wait.. she went to find out about headmaster.. TCH! Akane!'
"Call Tomo! Tsk.. Akane's off to K's..", I said.
~~~~
With our speed, we weren't far behind. Jumping over the walls and climbing up to headmaster's office, I jump in and find headmaster in front of an uncontrollable Akane.

[Akane's POV]
"Akuma! Let Akane go!", headmaster shouted. My voice was shaking as my eyes were a bloody crimson red.. but Akuma wasn't here.. she's probably in the same existence with me right now, sharing the same anger.
"Akane!", I look over headmaster and find the rest of the guys there.
"What are you doing...?! This is the headmaster you always respected, what the hell are you thinking", Shin spoke up.
"Tch.. This is all Akane, headmaster. Now tell me.. is it true", I smashed my fist on his desk as he stared up at me. "...yes..", he nodded slowly. I felt angry.. sad.. devastate, and betrayed..
My red eyes pierced his soul as I stared at him with resentment..
"I'm sorry Akane.. I was doing what's best---", he began, but I cut him off by grabbing his collar.
"AKANE!", both Mira and Tomo shouted. "..do it.. kill me.. kill me like how I trained you to murder someone.. I deserve it", he uttered. My hand shook with anger, but I slowly let go. Pushing the guys out of the way, I jump out the window, sticking the landing.

[Tomo's POV]
"Headmaster.. are you alright?", I ask as I help him up. "Yes..", he nodded, taking a seat on his chair. "Headmaster.. what's happening", Mira asked. "..take a seat..".
With all of us siting at the couch before him, he sighed deeply before beginning.
"..I knew Akane would find out eventually.. the truth is, when my brother and I opened up our academies, we found Akane roaming around the streets, but she's wasn't alone. She was beside her twin brother", he said, having all of us gasp.
"We saw how capable they were in succeeding, and of course my brother and I had our own separate ways in teaching.. so we each took a child, splitting them apart. We kept it a secret, and told each of them that they had no living relatives.. but I guess Akane found out before I thought i would tell her".
"Akane...", I muttered.
Standing up, making his way to the window, Shin looked into headmaster's eyes. "..She always respected you and said she would only obey you.. but... this hurts someone even if they don't have a heart", he said before jumping down to look for Akane, I suppose.

[Akane's POV]
I smash my fist against the wall in anger as I stood in my old dorm. A hold formed on the wall as blood trickled down my fist.
"That's one way to redecorate your room", I heard from behind. Turning around I find Shin sitting at the edge of my window.
"Tch.. Shut up", I hissed. Saying nothing, he walks over to me and stares down at me. "Calm down.. your eyes are red", he said. "You think I should be calm?! He lied to me, betrayed me!", I shouted. "..I know. But there's nothing you can do, but let it go", he said.
The color of my eyes turned back to normal as I stared up at him.
"The only thing you can do is to go back to Maru and find your brother".
I drop my gaze, collapsing on the floor. Kneeling in front of me, he flicks my cheek, making me glare at him. "Yup.. that's the ugly face I always see", he said with no facial expression or tone. "..pfft..", I scoffed. "Whatever..", I muttered.

A/N: TY for the wait ^~^