CHAPTER FOURTEEN: TEST YOUR LUCK

[Akane's POV]
"Principal has warned us all to not take anything out on the trip..", he muttered, his hand still over my knife. "..I don't follow orders from your principal, I only get orders from headmaster..", I snarled, annoyed that I'm being controlled by him. He looks at me dead in the eyes, and I realized the guy was still in my grasp. "Not to barge in or anything, but can I leave peacefully since you're having a little fight with your boyfriend?", he casually said, clearly recovered from the pain.
"Don't make me laugh. Boyfriend? Please, I have no interest in those things. Mira, Tomo. Enjoy your fun, I'm heading to the toilet", I let go of the guy and yank my hand away from Shin. I make my way to a nearby restroom we just passed by, waving back to Mira as she said, "Got it, Akane ~ You finally said something very reasonable ~".

[Shin's POV]
As Akane walked away, "Okay ~ So, who would like to go first?", Mira asked as she cracked her knuckles. The three guys began to back away, clearly afraid of what Akane easily did. "U-Um.. W-we're good! Tch! We'll get you all back!", the three guys bolted away, disappearing into the busy crowd. "Boo.. That was no fun", Mira pouted, crossing her arms.
"Hmph.. You, Akane, and basically everyone in K just doesn't know how to control themselves", Lily rolls her eyes. "Basically a 'thank you' from us defending everyone else will do", Mira says, clearly getting fed up. "Let's just drop this matter", I said. "Look who finally decides to talk", Tomo said to me. "Shut it", Jin talks back. "..Tch.. And headmaster wanted us to compromise with this stupid school.. Us and you, we'll never be able to compromise. We're meant to kill you, Maru's..", Tomo annoyedly mutters.
"..let's go", a voice spoke up and we turn, finding Akane with her same, neutral face and her arms crossed.

[Akane's POV]
We arrived at the shrine and made our wishes. "What did you wish for Akane?", Mira asked me out of curiosity. "But we're not suppose to say it, are we?", Tomo said. "Eh, I don't think that's true", she shrugged. "..I wished I can remember my parents..", I quietly mumbled. "What? I didn't hear you, speak louderrrr", Mira said. "I said, I wished we can head back to the inn...", I lied. "Well, that wish will be happening in 4 more hours", Tomo chuckled.
As we were leaving the shrine, an elderly man approached me. "Why don't you try your luck, miss? Grab a fortune that explains your love life, wealth, and health", he gave me a small smile. I look over to Mira and Tomo, only giving me a shrug. "Okay..", I nodded.
We each drew our fortunes and mines read, 'Good Luck'. "I got great luck", Tomo grinned. "Tch.. Bad luck", Mira snarled at the paper.
'Wealth: Your wealth is good. Make sure to not spend it recklessly. Health: Your health is perfect! Keep up the same diet and make sure to stay clean and healthy. Love: Your love is fairly good. The one you're destined to be with is closer than you think. Think thoroughly and take the initiative', I read it in my head. "Bullsh*t..", I crumbled the paper and shoved it in my pocket.

[Shin's POV]
'Wealth: You're wealth is decent. Work harder and spend it carefully. Health: You're lacking in health. Don't carelessly get injured or else you'll cause the people around to suffer. Love: You're love is bad. If you keep yourself locked, you won't be able to see your destined love', it read.
I crumbled the paper and threw it in the trash. "Let's go somewhere else..", I muttered. "Where do you wanna go?", Lily asked me. I only shrug, "Amusement Park!", Jin shouted. "Let's go", Lily nodded. "Woah woah woah, little petunia", Mira interjected. "Just so you know, Akane hates amusement parks", Mira said. "Oh, Mira is caring for Akane~?", Tomo teased. "What..? Geez, don't look into it. Anyways, she doesn't like it", Mira said, crossing her arms. "Well, then she's weird. Who doesn't like amusement parks?", Jin said, raising an eyebrow.
I glance over to Akane and saw her staring at the ground, slightly clenching her fist.

[Akane's POV]
Just from hearing the words, I get a bad feeling. It's a feeling where I have a faint memory of it, but I just can't remember..
"Whatever.. Let's go..", I quietly said. Mira and Tomo looked at me in surprise. "Seriously?", Mira asked me. I shrug, "Tomo likes amusement parks and you like competition in games.. I'll just follow, but not play", I quietly muttered, patting Tomo's fluffy hair even though he's 3 inches taller than me.

[Shin's POV]
"What is this scene.. Tomo should be the one patting you", Mira said. "What? He's younger by a few months. He's like a little brother to me", she mumbled.
I can't help but get pissed off as I watch her hand run through his hair.. Why, though. Why is the question.. Why am I feeling this.
"Then it's decided, let's head to the amusement park", Jin said and we began to go.