CHAPTER TWENTY THREE: HURT

[3rd Person's POV]
"YESSSSSSSSS!", the entire class erupted except for the three K Assassins. The school has just announced the yearly school festival will be taking place at school, next week.
"Eh? What's a Cultural Festival?", Mira raised a brow as she stood next to Akane, who was leaning against her elbow on the desk. "You've never experienced life then", Jin smirked. "Of course not", Tomo sighed, "we're assassins of discipline".
As the class broke into excitement, and Jin was explaining everything in an excited tone, Akane remained silent, staring towards the front of the class, continuing to lean on her elbow. "---And! There will be a 'couple looking contest'. Two students from each class will be chosen, a girl and a boy, and they will dress up and --", Jin began, only for a large slam to echo into the class. The entire class stopped short, turning their heads towards Akane who was looking down on the floor, as she stood up with a palm to the table.
"...How.. annoying..", Akane lifted her head up before walking out of the class. "Tch, nice one, Jin", Mira scoffed. "wha-- Yeesh, what did I do", Jin muttered. "Neh.. Mira.. Is Akane still thinking about Ryota?", Tomo asked her. Hearing this, Shin couldn't help but listen. "..probably.. finally seeing him again.. Hmph, looks like that girl does have feelings and a heart", Mira crossed her arms with a grin, as she silently glanced at Shin with the corners of her eye.

[Akane's POV]
'....Ryota..'
I slam shut the door, falling backwards on my bed. As I closed my eyes, the sound of my heartbeat and steady breathing can only be heard.
'...Ryota.. It was good seeing you after the years.. but it still hurts..'
Interrupting my thoughts, a slight knock came from the door. Sighing to myself, I open the door and find Mira and Tomo. "Oi~ So this is where you were", Mira said as she made her way in without any invitation. Use to this sort of attitude, I easily dismiss it and closed the door. I leaned on the wall as I watched Mira lay spread out on my bed.
"What are you thinking about, Akane?", Tomo asked me. "..Ryota", I muttered. "Neh. You guys broke up, get over it", Mira sighed and rolled her eyes in annoyance. "..no.. it's something else", I shook my head. "What?", Tomo and Mira both looked at each other in confusion. "..A feeling.. A feeling of a secret.. His eyes always slightly shook when he talked to me", I said, looking down. "..Well.. During the time you were both dating.. you were the only one able to call out his lies and secrets with a simple look at him", Mira said, sitting up.
"..I don't know.. whatever..", I shook my head. "Well.. I'm about to go to the toilet. Meet you back in class", Mira said as she walked out. "...c'mon, let's head back", I gestured over to the door, getting Tomo to follow. As I closed the door behind me, I suddenly felt an embrace from behind.

[Shin's POV]
With class almost starting, and the K assassins are nowhere to be found, Sensei sent me to go look for them. I made my way towards their dorms, hoping to find them.
Turning a short corner, my eyes widen at the sight in front of me. I found Akane being embraced from behind.. by Tomo.
I immediately retrace a few steps, hiding behind the corner wall.
'Why.. why am I hiding? I should just go', I thought and began to head back when--
"Akane..", I heard Tomo mutter. "..Tomo.. what are you doing..", Akane asked, not showing emotion, but was obviously surprised. "...Cry", Tomo said, causing my eyes to widen. "..I know that isn't the only reason why Ryota is in your mind. You're still hurt..", Tomo muttered. Then, there was nothing but silence. After a few minutes.. I quietly peeked out with the corners of my eyes. My eyes widened.. Akane had widened eyes, one tear falling to the ground.
For some reason, it hurt. It hurt me to see her cry.. it hurt me to see her embraced. With that, I turned and went back to class..

Hope you enjoyed this chapter (:

ATTENTION

I will NOT BE UPDATING next week, so one update will be pushed back. Sorry for the inconvenience, but I will be back with another update in 2 WEEKS.

Thanks for understanding and reading (: -NekoChuNyA

The scene of HUGGING of TOMO AND AKANE is credited to Tanya_Fox777 in their comment in :
CHAPTER NINETEEN: ANOTHER DAY