CHAPTER FIFTEEN: AMUSEMENT

[Akane's POV]
The amusement park wasn't that far, it was about a half hour walk. We finally arrived and paid, stepping into the loud, family-fun attraction.
"Where are we heading next?", Mira asked. I look over to Jin, who was staring at the map. "Roller coaster?", Lily pointed at something on the map. "Let's go", Jin nodded. There wasn't much to say to that, since Tomo was excited on the inside rather than the outside. Mira was
just waiting for any competition games, so we followed along.
At the roller coaster, we all stood in line. "I'm gonna just sit over there and wait for you, guys", I waved as I walked. "Don't you even try to push them off, Mira. Tomo watch her", I called out.

[Shin's POV]
"Dang it..", Mira crosses her arms while Tomo only chuckles. "Um.. Did she just say push off?", Jin whispered to me. I nod, leaving him dumbfounded.
We were still in line after a half hour. "I'm tired.. I'm gonna leave", I sighed. "Seriously? C'mon, we're almost there", Jin nudged. "Tired.. Bye..", I got out of line, making my way to where Akane was said to be sitting. I head to the spot, but she was nowhere to be found. For some reason, I started to look for her, only to find her being cornered by the same guys we bumped into earlier.

[Akane's POV]
I was sitting on the bench when I decided to get something to drink. When I finished buying my drink, I was about to head back, but bumped into the group of guys we easily scared off. And now.. Here I am, cornered on the wall.
"So, you may have beaten us before, but we're still stronger", the one with slick back orange haired snickered, having the 7 other guys smirking. "This is just plain annoying. Have a thing for me, or what? Sorry, but I'm good", I sighed, moving away from the idiots. As I begin to leave, a hand grips my wrist, hard. I look at the hand, having my eyes slowly look at the one who grabbed me. "..You dare touch m--", I began, but a voice laid over mines. "You dare touch her?", I turn, along with the idiots, finding Shin leaning on the wall.
"Oh, looky here. It's her boyfriend~", the orange haired leader chuckled. "Please, not in my life.. I'm basically meant to kill him", I growled.

[Shin's POV]
What she said somehow stung. We are rivals, K and Maru should be killing each other off, but we're stuck in this mess.
I looked at Akane's hand, where the man still held a tight grip around her wrist. Feeling a bit ticked off, I stopped leaning on the wall and looked up. Tilting me head, glaring at them right in the eyes, I slowly walked forward with a malicious and dangerous aura.
Backing away with caution, he lets go of her wrist. "..Tch.. It's marked..", Akane muttered under her breath, twisting her wrist, which was now red. Seeing that she was bruised, my fist tightened in anger.
"Underestimating her about strength? Foul move.. Why don't we go head to head? I'll kill all of you, bastards..", I tilted my head with a malicious grin, thirsting for blood.

[Akane's POV]
Clicking his tongue, the leaders of the idiots lunged for Shin. He easily dodges it, smashing his fist into his face. "So slow~ Who's next?", he chuckled, cracking his knuckles.
One by one, the idiots lunged for Shin, only to be pummeled to the ground.
"D-don't move!", suddenly I was put in a choking position, where the guy arm locked my neck from behind. "Surrender or your little girlfriend gets it", the man spoke from behind.
"Girlfriend? Don't mess with me", I hissed, kicking my foot back, smashing my heel into his ding-a-long. Yelping, the man let go of me and fell to the ground, holding his ding-a-long. The idiots scramble up from the ground, running off.

[Shin's POV]
We silently made our way back to the bench, not uttering a word.
"I didn't need help..", Akane broke the silence with a low mutter. "Sure..", I shrug. "..You talk a lot more when your fighting", she said. "Eh..", and there was silence once more.
Sitting on the bench, we waited for the rest of them to come back. I look at the corner of my eye, seeing Akane rub her red, and now bruised, wrist.
"..are you..--", I slowly reached for her wrist when.. "We're back", I snap my head up and see Jin and them heading our way. I retract my hand quickly, quick enough to where no one noticed. "Judging by your look.. Tomo stopped you didn't he?", Akane referred to Mira's sour face.