CHAPTER THIRTY ONE: TSUKOTSU, TOMO

[Akane's POV]
Two days have passed since my observation, and I've been cooped up in my room since then. I've skipped classes and haven't taken a single break, besides accidentally falling asleep during my work.

[Shin's POV]
Akane hasn't been attending to classes since our bump with principal..
'Hm.. not like I should be concerned..'
"Oiiii, is Akane still cooped up in her room?", Mira asks Tomo. "Apparently...", Tomo says with a worried tone, slightly bothering me..

[Akane's POV]
After hours and hours of working.. I realized it was now evening. "..ah.. I got it", I sigh as I lean back on my chair. Suddenly, a knock broke through the silence. Narrowing my eyes, I grab my dagger and flung it at the door. With the speed and strength I used, it cleanly went through the door, only for it to be stuck and stopped by the handle of the dagger.
"Yeeeeeeeesssshhhhh!", I heard Tomo shriek. "Gah! It's just us! No need to kill us!", I heard Mira shout. Breathing a sigh of relief, I pull out the dagger and unlock the door.
"Geez.. u coop yourself in all day and you suddenly start assassinating people", Mira grumbled as she collapsed on my bed. I quietly look outside the dorm room before locking it again. "Why are you so suspicious?", Tomo asks. "..because.. after two straight days.. I finally got it.. and no one can find out", I quietly mutter. "What did you find out..?", Mira quietly asks. "..I hacked into the principal's data base", I said, earning a shocked and surprised reaction from both of them.
"..I managed to get through all the codes, walls, everything", I sigh. "Now you can find out top secret information, future plans, data of the entire school, and even his personal information..", Mira thinks, getting me to nod. I look over to Tomo, who was oddly quiet. He didn't utter a word, but stare at his hands.
"Tomo.. what's wrong?", I ask. "Um.. nothing..", he muttered. "Eh? C'mon, just tell us", Mira furrowed her eyebrows in annoyance.
"..I've been trying to find my birth parents for the past 4 months..", he muttered. "E-eh?", both Mira and I look at him in surprise.

[Tomo's POV]
"..I've been trying to hack into a mainframe from the orphanage I lived in, that might have information on my parents.. but I can't crack it", I mutter.

FLASHBACK•
13 years ago...

I've lived in the orphanage for as long as I can remember. When I was 3, I watched all the kids come and go..
"Sensei.. where did Yame-san go?", my 3 year old self asked. "She went to her new family", she smiled cheerfully at me. "..Family.. with a mommy and daddy?..", I mutter. "Mhm! And Tomo-kun will be taken to a family, too one day!", she smiled and patted my head with reassurance.
*
Years went by and soon, I was the only one left..
That's was until Headmaster walked in when a sign on the orphanage read: "Shutting Down".
"T-Tomo-kun! C-come quickly!", I heard Sensei shout. I slowly walk out of the living room and found Sensei smiling with a tall man. "Tomo-kun! You're going to your new home", she smiled with my bags already ready. I look up at the man, who had very masculine features. He gently smiled down at me as I looked up at him. Headmaster led me to K Assassin Academy..
*
I was introduced into the classes easily, but I didn't socialize.. after 2 years of being trapped in the lonely orphanage, I became cold and isolated.. That was what I thought before I saw a particular girl. She was the same age as me, and had black hair and eyes.. Akane. Next to her was Mira, who was cheerful back then.
"Akane-chan! We have physical combat next and I don't like it! I don't want to hurt others!", Mira whined as she held Akane's hand.
'How odd..'
"Mira, this is how it works. You have to do it to get stronger", Akane lectured. Noticing me staring and by myself, Akane walked up to me. "..Tomo, is it?", she tilted her head. "Mm..", I nod awkwardly. Holding out her hand, "I see potential.. I'm Akane". With that, she easily befriended me..
*
Weeks have passed since I joined the academy. I was slowly fitting in, but was very weak compared to the other kids.
"Haha! Just stop trying! You will never reach the top!", the kids picked and punched me as I laid on the floor. "Oi! What are you doing?!", I slightly look up and found Akane standing there. "A-ah! I-it's Akane-chan!". "R-run", they shouted as they sprinted off.
Crouching infront of me, she gently wiped the dirt off my face with her thumb. "Tomo. I see potential in you.. but you're so weak..", she bluntly said. "Oi! That's too blunt!", I shouted, sitting up. She looks at me with widened eyes, not saying a word. "W-what?", I ask. She then breaks into an innocent smile, "haha, that's the first time you showed an expression! You should be more cheerful and smile more", she said.
I felt my face slightly heat up.. and before I knew it.. I changed and became more friendly and cheerful..

FLASHBACK END•

"Akane.. will you help me find my family by hacking into the system..", I ask her, looking straight into her eyes.
"...Mm..", she nods.

FLASHBACK•
10 years old.

"Neh.. Akane. Why don't you smile anymore?", I ask her as she sat on the desk. "Hm?", she tilted her head. "You don't smile anymore, or show anymore expressions.. you're like a robot with no heart", I plainly said.
"Hm.. really?..", she mutters as she looked out the window. "Mhm. You've been like that ever since our mission, 2 months ago", I told her. "..yea.. I guess so..", Akane muttered quietly to herself. "Hmph. Alright! I owe you one, so I'm gonna help you", I grin. "Huh?", she gave me a confused look. "You helped me become who I am today, so I'm going to help you open up and forget about whatever happened months ago", I smiled cheerfully. "Aha.. I hope you can erase my memories.. okay, I'll be looking forward to it", she gave me a light smile, which was the last innocent, friendly smile I ever saw.. which soon only turned to a frown, a neutral face, or a sadistic grin that showed nothing but suffering.
Although that smile was short.. I felt my face heat up and blush bright red, and my heart pounded so hard, it felt as if it was going to explode..

FLASHBACK END•

. . . .

A/N: Sorry that this one was less interesting >n< But Akane's background will be revealed WHEN everything adds up together (:

Please leave a vote and comment down below ^~^ Thanks for reading •v•