CHAPTER SEVEN: DODGEBALL

[Shin's POV]
Several minutes went by. We were sweating and panting, except Akane in particular. Tomo was hit out after a while, and Jin followed after when Mira hit his face. Rebounding off his face, it unexpectedly went back to Mira. Caught off guard, Mira was hit in the leg. All left was myself and Akane.

[Akane's POV]
I hurtle the ball with full force, towards Shin. He easily dodges it, and I throw one after another.
'Why isn't he throwing it back..?'
"C'mon Shin! Take her out!", his team from the sidelines began to shout. With the ball in my hand, I stood straight. Looking at him right in the eye, I drop the ball. "Akane! What the f**k are you doing?!", I heard Mira shout. I look over at her, right into her eyes. "..that look. She's on to something, Mira", I heard Tomo say as he nudged her. I look back to Shin, who stared at me in shock. I tilted my head to the side, waiting for him to throw the ball.

[Shin's POV]
'What.. What is she doing..? Did she notice how i'm not throwing back..?'
"Shin! Get your head together! Take out that K Assassin!", Jin shouts over to me. "I hate to agree with Jin, but he's right. Do it, Shin", Lily says to me.
'I have to get my head together..'
I grip the dodge ball in my hand, and pulled my arm back. I look at Akane dead in the eyes, and launch the ball with all my might. The ball flies straight at her face at great speed.. And there was a loud 'boom'. Dust filled the whole room, with everyone covering their eyes and coughing. With the dust clearing up, we all look over. Akane stood there, sliding across the floor on her feet. She stops sliding back, and I see the ball.. She caught it in front of her face, just an inch away. "S-she caught it!", people started to mutter and stared in shock. "If you catch it, a player returns.. Correct? Mira?", Akane says. Mira jumps back into the court with a smug grin. "Nice move", Mira picks up a ball. "Give me a hand? Let's end this.. Even though I hate working with you", Akane sighs. "Same to you", Mira stood side by side with her. They each took their ball, and launched it full force towards me.
'What...?'
In the next moment, I felt pain coursing through my body. From the core in my stomach, to my legs. I felt the air get knocked out of me, and I felt myself flying. I smashed right into the wall, sliding to the ground.

[Akane's POV]
"That's game", I called out. "Ha~ Think you could beat K?", Mira gives a smug grin.
'If you don't want to throw back.. I'll take you out..'
Lily ran over to Shin, and pulled him up. With his arm hanging around her shoulder, he slumps up. "Well.. I'm tired.. Let's go change", Mira nudges to me. I quietly nod and followed her out, with Tomo chasing after us. As we passed by Shin, I quietly whispered into his ear. "I.. Saw you hesitate..", I said and continued to walk.

[Shin's POV]
I felt my eyes go wide.
'Is that.. The reason?.. She knew I was hesitating...?'
"Hey, Shin. You alright?". "What happened out there?". "You could've taken her out easily!". "But she did catch the ball", questions were thrown at me one after another.
'Tch..'
I get myself off of Lily's shoulder and began to walk to the lockers. "Leave him", I heard Jin tell Lily, who was about to chase after me.
I wash my face, staring at myself in the mirror.
'What's wrong with you Shin.. Why are you hesitating.. It's all because of that girl, Akane.. You're an assassin.. You have no feelings.. No heart.. No sympathy.. Get yourself together..'
"UGHHH!", I bang my fist into the mirror, causing it to shatter. "Get yourself together Shin.. You'll be hurt if you don't..", I mutter to my cracked reflection. I look down on my bloody fist, where glass is jabbed in.
"I'll no longer hesitate.. If I do.. I will be abandoned and hurt..".

[Akane's POV]
I comb my hair in the locker room, as I stare into the mirror.
'..You dare to hesitate on me? .. If you aren't worthy of an opponent.. I'll take you out..'

A/N: So.. How's this series going?