CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN: LOVE AGAIN | FINAL

❗️IT'S FINALLY HERE! The FINAL chapter of this series❗️
Now~ without further ado, here's the last chapter of this series :')

[Shin's POV]
I saw it.. I saw it right in front of my eyes.. I saw her get stabbed and I saw the words she mouthed..
"TCH! YOU BASTARD!", Mira shouted in rage as she threw a dagger with full force, it pierced through his skull, killing him immediately. "SHIN! TOMO! LILY! You three take Akane to the Academy! I'm going to deal with this a*shole", she growled as she made her way to the leader. No matter how much I wanted to break the skull of the leader.. I picked Akane up bridal style, nodding over to Tomo and Lily. We immediately sped off, heading to K Assassination Academy.

[3rd Person's POV]
As the three sped off with Akane, all was left was Jin, Kou, and Mira. The three slowly walked over to the leader, who was now cornered against the wall.
"..Let's have some fun shall we, Sadist-kun?", Mira tauntingly chuckled. "After doing that to my sister.. of course", a grin crept up against Kou's lips. "Yeaaaa.. I'll just watch from afar. I mean, I'm pissed, but you, two, scare me", Jin said, leaning against the wall not far from the situation.

[Shin's POV]
Bursting into their headmaster's office, we stood there with urgency in our eyes. Headmaster and Principal, who were both talking, immediately turn and get up from their seats. "Tell me what happened", Headmaster said, picking a bleeding and shallow breathed Akane from my arms. "She was caught off guard. An attacker whom we presumed dead killed from behind", I explained, sounding calm but slightly worried, myself. Headmaster immediately goes to the intercom speaker on his desk, clicking the 'on' button. "Attention students. Teams 50 and 87, report to the medic room immediately. I repeat, teams 50 and 87, report to the medic room immediately", he announced before turning the intercom off. "What? Why did you call them?", Lily asked confusingly. "Teams 50 and 87 are a team of assassins like us, but they are more of a medical team", Tomo explained. "They're the Assassin team that will be sent in as medics. They can fight, but their medical skills are top notch". "Right. Now let's move Akane to the medic room. It's on the floor below us", Headmaster said, leading the way while Principal carried Akane with caution.
In the medic room, which was a replica of a typical hospital, 6 people who I'm not familiar with, were already waiting for us as we enter. "Team 50.. 87", Headmaster nodded to them. With a bed already ready, they set Akane down. "A-Akane!", one of the girls from team 50, since she had the number 50 on her shirt, exclaimed. "Yes. Please fix her..", Headmaster said. The team of 6 immediately look over her wound. Immediately securing an oxygen mask and IV drip. "Very lucky.. she's very very lucky.. but.. let's see how much her luck can go", one of the guys from 87 said. "What do you mean", Tomo asked. "..she's lucky to be alive for now..", one of them said. "But let's see if she'll be alive after the operation", the other finished. "Now, headmaster.. if you may leave, so we can begin the 20 hour long operation. And may we call in teams 66 and 91 for assistance?", one asked. "Yes. Get any help you need to save her", he said before gesturing us to leave.
And now.. we play the waiting game.

[Mira's POV]
After giving that son of b--ch a piece of our minds, we raced back home.
Immediately running towards the medic room, I find Principal, Shin, Lily, and Tomo outside of the closed room. At the top of the large door, the sign that read 'surgery' was lit up as a bright red and signaling that the operation was in session. "They barely began a hour ago", Tomo slowly spoke to me. I had no words.. none at all.
I collapsed to my knees, clenching my fists as I looked down. "Mira??", Kou called out to me cautiously. Then, I found a warm hand at the top of my head. I look up and find Tomo with the eyes of worry. "..I'm.. just relieved.. she's in surgery right now", I let out. "That's if she makes it through", Maru's principal said. "Don't say that....!", Shin suddenly spoke, his voice slightly harsher than usual. Everyone went silent from his sudden outburst, especially talking like that to his own principal. "...my apologies", he said, realizing what he had done. "..I'll be outside", he excused himself. "I'll go accompany him. Jin, you stay here", Lily said before chasing after Shin. "Mira..", Tomo called out to me. I slowly stand up and looked him in the eyes. "She'll make it out alive.. I know it.. Akane is a stubborn brat, hah.. she won't let a simple stab take her out", I said, directing my gaze towards the closed doors.
.
.
.
.

[Tomo's POV]
As the light slowly shined through the window, I slightly squinted. I didn't get a second or wink of sleep.. I couldn't. I was too worried for Akane. Maru went back to their academy, telling us that they'll come back tomorrow.. Mira fell asleep right when she hit the bed.. she must've used up all her energy torturing. Kou went off to get some flowers for Akane, even though he knows she'll hate it. For me.. I've been awake since the mission.. flashbacks kept coming and I'm just worried for her.
Suddenly, there was pounding on my door. I dragged myself out of bed and opened the door. I found Mira dressed and ready, then I noticed it was 12 in the afternoon. "What is it Mira..", I mumbled. "Akane..", she panted. "She just finished surgery".
.
.
After calling Maru, everyone stood outside the door of the medic room. The light was now off and all we needed was to wait for the doors to open. 10 minutes passed.. then 20.. then 30.. finally.. after almost an hour, the doors slowly opened and we all rushed towards the medics. "So? Report everything", Headmaster said. "Surgery was a success. The scar was patched and we fixed up her injuries. She is breathing normally and so on", they reported. A sigh of relief escaped from everyone. "But", they added. "Yes?", Headmaster raised a brow. "That stab hit a nerve. She will have to learn to walk again.. since.. for now.. she is temporarily paralyzed on the legs. We predict that her legs will return in about 5 months, but she will still have to undergo therapy and learn to walk again", they reported, having all of us stay silent. "...very well.. you are dismissed", Headmaster said.

[Akane's POV]
'What happened to me.. "You got stabbed with a blade very close to your heart, but you're okay". ..why.. why can't I move my legs?.. "You.. you're temporarily paralyzed until your nerve will heal itself. I'm sorry Akane. But after you're healed, you have to go through intense therapy.. you might not be the same Assassin you once were, but you will forever be the best".. '
Sitting up, I stared out the window that had a perfect view of the courtyard. The doors slowly opened and I found everyone coming in. Mira and Tomo immediately run to my side, only for them to have no words. Everyone circled around the bed with a worried and pitiful look on their face. "..don't give me those looks.. it's disgusting", I said. "Pfft... same old Akane", Kou cracked a pained smile. "I knew a simple stab wouldn't get rid of you", Mira chuckled with a smile. "I'm not going down that easily, letting you be ranked 1", I joked. "Geez.. you got me worried", Tomo wiped away his tears, having me pat his head of hair.
"I'm glad you're okay, Akane", headmaster said to me, having me nod in reply. "..so.. you gonna say anything on your mind?", Jin raised a brow. "...I'm paralyzed.. but I'm still better than all of you", I stated, having everyone crack a smile or roll their eyes. "Well, we should let you rest", Principal said, gesturing everyone to go outside. As everyone began to leave, Shin caught my eye. I secretly pull on the back of his shirt, slightly holding him back. He looked back and I gave him my neutral expression. "..I'm gonna stay just to tell her something", he called out, having everyone nod. Once the doors closed, he took a seat and we sat in silence for a few minutes. Soon, I broke the silence. "..what I mouthed when I got stabbed.. you didn't catch it, right...?", I hesitantly asked. "..hm, nothing rlly. Just that you said you l--", he began to joke, only for me to punch him in the gut. "Shut up", I threatened. "Pfft.. well it's the same for me.. now.. what's your opinion on it..?", he asked quietly. "...it feels weird.. to.. love again", I muttered, recalling my past memories in my mind. "...yea.. same for me", he said. "In both our lives.. we didn't really love or was loved..". "Yea..", I nodded. "So.. what now..", I asked. "I don't know..", he said. With that, we stayed silent, until our eyes met. He began to lean.. and so did I.. the space between us began to slowly close.. and close.. until..
"Hey, Principal and headmaster told us to tell you to let Akane rest and--", Kou said, coming in with everyone, but the adults, only to cut his sentence short. We both immediately pull away, slightly blushing pink. "...uh.. e-excuse us..", Lily stuttered, beet red. "Damn.. Shin, I never knew you had game", Jin grinned. "About time", Mira chuckled. "..I'm happy for you, two", Tomo gave a smile.
"..S-shut up you little bastards..!", Shin and I simultaneously shouted with blush.

~End~

A/N: Yup :) This is why my chapters have been getting longer, since the series was coming to an end :(  Also, for everyone who has stuck with me til the end, even when I disappeared for months and never updated, thank you so much. I know many many readers who would've left and unfollowed, but you guys didn't. Thank you v'much and give me your thoughts on the final chapter and your opinions on this series~

Please read my Final Author's Note •~•

Thank you