CHAPTER TEN: TAG BATTLE II

[Akane's POV]
"Okay. Back to the center. Let's begin".
I step to the center, with Shin by my side and Mira and Lily across. "I won't be going easy on you, Mira", I say with a blank expression. "Ah~ I don't plan on losing", Mira smirks. "I will be taking on Lily", Shin mutters to me. "If you want..", is all I say. "BEGIN!". With that, Mira and I lunge for each other, kicking off of our foot.

[Shin's POV]
Unlike K, Lily and I both stood before each other instead of engaging in battle so quickly. "Lily..", I look at her. "Shin.. What has happened to you..", she looks at me with a serious expression. "Nothing.. Please defend well.. I don't want to hurt you", I said and kicked off my foot. I lunged for Lily, with my fist ready to hit her face. She catches my fist midway, and looks me dead in the eye. "Cut to the chase, Shin! What happened to the Shin that I know...?!", Lily shouts as she defends my attack. "He is still here..! I have to get my head straight!", I shout as I punch every way. "Is that the reason? Because your head hasn't been straight since they got here?!", she refers to the K Assassins. "Yes!", I kick her in the ribs, causing her to fly towards the side. "Shin... Forget about that.. You have seen them.. The reason you can't win is because your missing an important piece.. The team..", she stumbles back up. "I know.. I have just realized that", I say. "Then what is this now?", Lily asks. "I just need to win this.. And it's just something is on my mind..", I mutter, thinking back on what Akane just said. "Okay.. Now that everything is cleared up.. I won't be losing..!", she lunges at me.

[Akane's POV]
"You're hits are everywhere, Mira". "Haaaaa~? Seriously?", Mira says as she tried punching me. I kick her stomach, making some distance between us. "Seriously, Akane.. How is your breath so steady?", Mira asks as she pants. "It's nothing. It's just because you just finished your fight with Jin", I put my hand on my hip. "Mm.. Maybe~", Mira sings as she lunges for me once more. "Sorry, Mira. But I need you to rest", I look at her in the eyes as she flies towards me. With two fingers in each hand, I hit Mira multiple times in different areas. Sensing her pressure points, I hit specific points to temporarily paralyze her. "UGHHH!", Mira falls to the ground. "Sorry, Mira.. Now.. Good night", I look down on her. "Tch.. Son of a b****, heh..", she says but gives me a small grin. "What? She paralyzed her??", the students and the instructor, himself, began to mutter. I look to the side and see Lily and Shin going at it. "Heh.. Looks like they have their own matter to settle", Mira grins. "Guess so.. Well.. I'm feeling lazy..", I fall to the ground, taking a seat next to Mira, who still can't move. "Wow, not gonna help?", Mira asks. "Nah.. All this Maru presence makes me feel gross and sick..", I sigh.

[Shin's POV]
I kick Lily by her feet, sweeping her off to the ground. "Akane! What are you doing?! It's a tag fight!", I heard the instructor yell. I glance over to the side and see her sitting on the floor, along with Mira, who was laying on the floor. "Yea yea.. He's got this", she yawns. "Tch! K assassins are a pain in the ass..", I heard instructor grumble. With Lily on the floor, I smash my fist against her shoulder, causing her to cry in pain.
"Seems like that's it", Instructor says when Lily doesn't bother on getting up. I look over and glance at Akane, who was talking to Mira.
I began to head back to wear I first stood, when Akane jogs up next to me. "You could've finished her off.. Why the shoulder? Why not the face?", she gives a wide grin. "..because I realized how we actually do need our comrades", I muttered.