CHAPTER TWENTY: FIRST MISSION WITH MARU

Thanks for 1K reads already! Wow! To celebrate, here's an early release! Thanks for the support (:

[Akane's POV]
"Now this is more like it~", Mira grins as we stood on the roof of an old, abandoned warehouse. Across from our view was another warehouse, but the lights were on.
"Quit yapping. Do you guys always talk on a mission?", Lily rolled her eyes. "Of course we do. It just shows how much confidence we have", Tomo retorted. "Like you have any..", Jin sighed under his breath. "Shut up, idiot. The three of us can easily finish this mission by ourselves", Mira sneered.
"Shut up", I finally spoke up, agitated with a headache. "Wow. Look who decided to speak", Jin muttered. "Shut it", Tomo furrowed his brows in anger. "Oh. Protecting your girlfriend?", Jin took a step forward.

[3rd Person's POV]
By the word 'girlfriend', Lily looks over to Shin who was un-consciencely clenching his fist.
In their individual assassin clothes, they hopped down the 20 foot tall warehouse , perfectly landing on the hard ground.
"Alright. Shin, what's the plan?", Jin whispered as they took a knee; next to the lighted warehouse. "..okay.. we---", Shin begins, only for Lily to cut him off with surprise. "Tch! Those stupid K's!", Lily gestured over to three dark figures, running up the warehouse.

[Akane's POV]
"Like I'll listen to a Maru", Mira grumbled as we all finished running up the walls. "Okay. Let's show them what we got. Akane?", Tomo looks at me for the plan.
"...We do what we learned in K on the very first day. Be the first to initiate", I found myself grinning. "Hm~ that's why I like the mission Akane better than the normal one. You become a little mischievous sadist~", Mira smirks. "Alright. Let's go...!", Tomo makes the first call.
We hop down, calmly walking into the warehouse. There we found about 30 or so men in black suits, armed with guns and daggers. "Wha--?!? Intruders!", one shouted. "Boss isn't here yet! What do we do?", another asked. "simple! Take them out and tie them up with the rest!", they started to come at us.
One runs towards me with a knife heading straight for my face. I grab his wrist, twisting the dagger out of his hands. He falls to his knees in pain, only for me to drop kick him down.

[3rd Person's POV]
As K was handling the suited men, the Maru assassins have finally arrived.
"Wha---?!? Are you serious?! This is how they work on a mission?!", Lily bursts in surprise and shock. "Oh, well its about time you idiots arrived. Just take a seat and enjoy the show, we got this", Mira smiled as she punched two guys out of conscience. "Wha-- Tch.. looking down on me, aren't you?", Lily muttered, stomping towards Mira.
"Oi! Lily, don't get caught up in her taunting", Jin called out as he punched one in the face. As everyone bickered, Shin and Akane stayed silent, fighting off the men. As the two fought, they end up back to back.
"Move", Akane muttered as she temporarily paralyzed two men. "Like I will..", Shin retorted, punching one in the gut. "Tch.. you're just in the way", Akane kicked one in the back, causing him to push his own comrade.

[Akane's POV]
'Tch! So annoying!'
Just as I was about to shove Shin out of the way-- "Tch! Akane!", Tomo shouts.
I turn and find Lily, Mira, and Jin being dragged away by the men. "Tch!", I punch the guy hard across the face, causing blood to sputter out of his mouth. I leave Shin and sprinted towards Mira. As I ran, Tomo was tackled down by 5 of the recovered men, and Shin was surrounded by 8 of them.
I reached my hand out towards Mira, as she reached back towards me. Right when I'm about to get hold of her, her eyes widened in shock-- "AKANE!".
Suddenly, a loud bang echoed in the warehouse. I felt a throbbing pain course through my head. The dripping of warm blood trickled down my neck. They hit me.. They hit me with a metal bar.
My vision began to fade, but I continued to reach out to Mira. I had to help her.. she's tough.. she's strong.. but her fear of being taken.. being kidnapped.. is always with her..
My vision faded, and everything went black..