Chapter 8

Madi

I wake up the next morning and try to remember what last night had been like, and lay smiling as the sun shone through the window and I recall getting closure with Matt and then having such a fun time with Henry.

I roll over and check my phone. Texts from my mom, Anna, Henry (aww!) and stupid Matt. Matt's simply says <<we aren't over.>> I ignore it. He probably just wants attention, and he usually didn't follow through with stuff he said, anyway. Whatever. Closure's overrated anyway.

The text from Mom was time stamped at 6:03 p.m. of last night and said <<House is all yours tonight, we're going out for dinner>> which Henry and I had figured out on our own. Nothing much had happened except for a lot of making out... 

His text reads, <<I had so much fun last night! We should do it again :)>> I grin to myself and text back, <<yeah, last night was awesome. Thanks for a great time! And we should :)>>

Finally I opened Anna's to see, to no surprise, all caps.

<<MADI YOU'LL NEVER GUESS WHAT I SAW.>>

<<MADI GUESS>>

<<K FINE I'LL JUST TELL YOU>>

<<I WALKED IN ON HAILEY AND YOUR NEIGHBOR MARTIN GALLIX ABOUT TO DOOO IIIIIT>>

<<You don't look cool when you don't text back just text me back ok.>>

I laugh at her dramatic texts, but feel a small pang of jealousy that Hailey was with Martijn. I text Anna and Hailey in a group message, <<So I hear someone did it with Martijn??!! Also Anna its Garrix*>>

Anna replies right away with <<WHATEVER MADI, DETAILS, HAILEY>>

I shut off my phone and roll out of bed to get dressed. I see movement through Martijn's window. He's rolling out of bed as well. I can see him sitting on the edge of his bed in just boxers. Even from this distance he looks... incredible.

The sun shines through a window and makes his perfect skin glow, and diffracts through his mussed-up hair. As if he can hear my thoughts, Martijn runs a hand through his hair in that sexy way boys do - tilting his head as his perfect hands slide through the light brown strands, his hand lingering just long enough to give me a view of his muscular arms and chest.

Okay, I really need blinds or something for my window or I'm never going to get anything done.

I get up and turn away to get dressed, not really caring if he sees me. Meaning I kind of hope he does.

I grab a skirt and a tank top and turn around, accidentally glancing back through the window to see him peering through his into my room. I meet his gaze, which is intense, even from how far away he is. He looks pretty happy about something. Eh. He probably got laid by Hailey yesterday.

I smile and wave cordially, and he waves back, cheerily, which catches me off guard, but hey, I'll take any improvement from the little storm cloud he's been since he moved here. Maybe he just needed to settle in.

I go to my bathroom to change so he can't creep and my phone lights up with the group message's texts.

Hailey: <<Ugh. No. Nothing even happened because YOU WALKED IN ON US ANNA AND "RUINED THE MOOD">>

Anna: <<oops... sorry Hails :///>>

I smile to myself. I'm kind of happy that nothing happened between Martijn and Hailey. I shake the thought out of my brain a moment later as I step back into my room. It's not my business what he does, plus I had such a good time with Henry last night. I should text him to hang out or something.